Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

25 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

A retailer said that rjio will be launched on the same day i.e. on 25 June.

I don't think so. They have lot of network optimization to be done

Jio has started LTE services.  But they are offering JIO sim with LYF handsets in UPE. 

Screenshot_2016-06-23-08-08-26_com.android.phone.png

Edited by Sunil.ald

Reliance 4g network up in Goa. But can't latch 79a4f37a3da11c482ca83050fd4eef23.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

A retailer said that rjio will be launched on the same day i.e. on 25 June.

No JIO will be launched during Diwali. Not before .

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

RCom gets nod to launch 4G services

The first 12 circles are Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab, east and west Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar

Subscribers of Reliance Communications' CDMA devices, who have a 4G SIM, will now be able to access the service as the company had received the legal intercept and monitoring (LIM) approval from the department of telecom in 12 out of 22 circles.

The first 12 circles are Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab, east and west Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.

RCom is in the process of shutting down its CDMA services and has offered subscribers to move to its 4G services since May this year. However, the telecom service provider has not been able to activate the service due to the pending LIM approval. While the company has got the approval for 12 circles, it is expecting to get the requisite approvals for the remaining six circles shortly. Approval in the remaining four circles (Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan) will take another at least 45 days, as Reliance Communications liberalized its spectrum in these four circles only last month.

RCom has been attempting to wean its five million CDMA customers to Jio's 4G LTE network since May. While the users will continue to be RCom subscribers, the network will be powered by Jio's all-IP based next generation network. While the low-ARPU customers have already migrated to the company's 2G services, the high end consumers have not been able to experience the service as the company had not got the requisite approvals.

With this approval, RCOM can now begin the process of moving its high-ARPU data customers to the shared Reliance Jio 4G LTE network.

source

• Like 1

I am dilemma about to leave Rcom after closing, or stay to taste 4G. Because currently, The area where I stay, there is almost no Reliance signal. I am connected somehow by selecting its roaming partner(Docomo) in Mumbai. Have 2 numbers. One already ported to Voda, now thinking to port another one to Airtel. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Daily a new surprise rcom kept torturing to get the 4g sim changed the base plan and now according to this article it will take at least another 45 days for the so called 4g to launch. Store people say June 23rd as closure date now I am so confused. Why can't reliance come out in open and give proper information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone from the Tamilnadu circle got the new sim active? I got the sim 3 weeks before. After registered, the new sim is still not active. My CDMA number is still working fine including EVDO. The problem is I have to carry two phones all the time.. Anyone knows when it is going to active if they are not activating already?

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-top-story/rcom-to-move-customers-of-12-circles-to-reliance-jio-network-next-week-116062300759_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reliance Communications (RCom) has informed Department of Telecommunications (DoT) that it will move customers of 12 circles to Reliance Jio network next week, as per reports. 

• Like 1

Some good news

i dont know abt other places. but jio handset with sim and 3 months of unlimited data, calls and sms is easily available here in lucknow. Although it is referral program but any1 can buy from dealers.

i have got 10gb 4g data on rcom 4g sim of up west circle but i am unable to use coz i am in up east currently. i have even received feedback calls from rcom if i am facing any issue in using 4g. 

They are in no hurry about other circles but torture us to get the 4g sim change base plan what is rcom thinking once I exhaust balance will port to airhell

A query: If Rcom starts using Jio 4G network, will it be only for data or will the voice also migrate to VoLTE ? Asking coz if voice remains on Rcom 2G, then don't see the big advantage as it is absolutely pathetic.

• Like 1

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article/news-top-story/rcom-to-move-customers-of-12-circles-to-reliance-jio-network-next-week-116062300759_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reliance Communications (RCom) has informed Department of Telecommunications (DoT) that it will move customers of 12 circles to Reliance Jio network next week, as per reports. 

Get ready for more disruptions during transition☹️

Sent using Tapatalk

7b62cbb1a10c6b60435f667ceeb68709.jpg

Just got this message from RCom..Mumbai circle (postpaid)

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got the below SMS from Relaince

"Dear customer, Launching 4G LTE services in next few days. Keep your 4G Smart Phones and WiPod ready, and standby for the next update.RCOM"

Finally they starting 4G..

• Like 2

I request members to please mention the circle if they post some update/SMS.

It helps a lot.

Edited by amitnsonu
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

A query: If Rcom starts using Jio 4G network, will it be only for data or will the voice also migrate to VoLTE ? Asking coz if voice remains on Rcom 2G, then don't see the big advantage as it is absolutely pathetic.

Voice will remain on rcom 2g.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, man-saturday said:

It has been earlier indicated that voice would be on RCom 2G/3G network only.

Has anyone from the Tamilnadu circle got the new sim active? I got the sim 3 weeks before. After registered, the new sim is still not active. My CDMA number is still working fine including EVDO. The problem is I have to carry two phones all the time.. Anyone knows when it is going to active if they are not activating already?

You can pretty much keep the GSM handset at home. As per latest report no scope of 4g launch in Tamilnadu circle at least mid July

3c6f708a9e3037716a6dbe6b12e81333.jpg

Received this strange msg wonder what it means

17 hours ago, balac_m said:

Your new sim is likely to be activated by 30/06/2016