Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

3 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Few days back, I said its not expected that RCom may say "Hey FU(K OFF... NO 10GB free data for you" to their customers directly. But RCom proved that, they can do anything and said exactly the same to their customers now. The 10GB free data WAS REALLY A FOOLISH (as it will surely backfire them) UN-ETHICAL TRAP by RCom..

Really? How can they do this?

7 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Few days back, I said its not expected that RCom may say "Hey FU(K OFF... NO 10GB free data for you" to their customers directly. But RCom proved that, they can do anything and said exactly the same to their customers now. The 10GB free data WAS REALLY A FOOLISH (as it will surely backfire them) UN-ETHICAL TRAP by RCom..

why would anybody pay Rs 297 for 1GB to reliance when i am getting the same for Rs 168 from Airtel for being a loyal customer. I don't see them taking off from here......they are going down the drain at a serious pace. 

Edited by sachink

4 hours ago, ::: VA ::: said:

I know someone who didn't recharge with one rupee after getting the 4g sim and now it's upgraded. Any idea or tips on how to recharge now. With Paytm what network should I pick.
Also what are the recharge denominations for full talk time

Recharge of Re. 1 has been removed now. 

Full talk time recharge - like 55, 80 etc - is the same as it was . As far as the network is concerned, I am confused, too. So, for a trial, I picked 'reliance gsm' as the network. Success! It worked. And, last evening, I got my cell recharged by a  retailer who used his CDMA recharge balance. But today CDMA recharged catalogue has been removed from the rcom's website (for few circles). So, I think, until recharge websites like paytm or mobikwik put an option for Reliance 4g, we should pick reliance gsm as network.

• Like 1

I have been closely observing this forum since last few months regularly and finally decided to join to share my experience of "A journey from CDMA to LTE".

I am using RIM CDMA right from 2003 (Dhirubhai Ambani Offer).

I had two Mobile (Prepaid) and one Netconnect+ Data Card (Prepaid) connection and was quite happy  because of good connectivity, decent speed and coverage while roaming - till I came to know that reliance is UPGRADING CDMA/EVDO to 4G. Reliance started informing me through SMS regarding all the development and finally on 11th & 12th May I was asked to collect my SIM from the Reliance Web World.

On 12th May I went and collected two SIMs one for Mobile and one for Data Card for FREE - Recharged my prepaid mobile with ₹97 (LTEMIG) and got Pre Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB data for 30 days along with Post migration benefit too. Registered my SIM through 1299.

I had 50p/min Lifetime plan which changed to 2p/sec valid for 180 days (So let's hope my base plan may revive after 180 days)

Two days later I went and collected another SIM for my other Mobile too but had to Recharge with ₹1 Only and NO Pre-Migration benefit - (Only Post Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB 2G/3G Data + 10GB 4G DATA for 30 days)

Later registered my data card SIM online when it stopped working. (Didn't buy Wi-pod)

On 24th May received SMS that please insert your New 4G SIM when there is no network on both mobiles. My both mobiles became inactive and I was much worried since the New SIM also didn't work. When I dialed my numbers from another mobile it said "please check the number..". At Last finally my numbers became active after 6 hours and 8 hours respectively.

Core balance was carried forward & also enjoyed Post Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB 2G/3G Data for 30 days on both prepaid mobiles.

But after 3-4 days I was shocked as one of my SIM stopped registering on Reliance network and became in-active but again resumed after approx. 4-5 Hours by itself.

Didn't face any other CLI or SMS sending problem only USSD kept on giving weird results. If you activate international roaming by mistake SIM will fail to register even on Reliance 2G/3G network too.

My SIM's were from 4/16 lot but never had any problem with data.

Though it showed "you don't have any data balance" I could use data in 3G mode. After consuming 1GB - Data stopped in one of my mobile which had 0 balance and in other mobile it wiped my core balance too and then stopped.

Later on I bought LAVA X11 Dual SIM 4G (supports Band 3/5/40 & voLTE too - in case I want to opt for Jio after commercial launch)

Unfortunate I could not latch/register on Reliance 4G (LTE) though it was always available in manual scan list.

Kept calling customer care and they kept assuring that it will be solved..

Later sent SMS to 1925 and again 3G data started though I have 0 balance (Seems will be adjusted against 10GB credit).

Over chat online one Customer care executive told me that my SIM requires software upgrade & only then I will be able to latch to 4G network. I told him that I am not facing any issue with 3G data but he said it is marked in their system against my SIM.

So I took all my three SIMs and got software upgrade patch. Still no luck. So called Customer care (again over chat since 198 was not giving option to talk to customer care executive) and finally a Ticket was generated against my complain to be solved in three days on 10th July.

To My surprise on 11th July night I just tried to again manually select Reliance 4G and got registered with full bars inside my bedroom too. WOW! and though data was working but It only opened rcom.co.in homepage no matter what you type. While this was undergoing my number again became unreachable for some time.

But since 12th July afternoon though it is connected to 4G (LTE) - data is also connected but net is not working any more.But if I switch to 3G network my data starts working normally and also Shows "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 28-06-2030. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." while switching.

When dialing or receiving call/sms/ussd 4G switches to 3G/H/H+ temporarily for voice. I have disabled voLTE as it was enabled by default and afaik rcom does not use voLTE at present. Looking at the signal strength indoors I can say it is Band 5 (850Mhz).

While connected to 4G if the data is switched off or mode is changed to WCDMA (3G/H+) - it shows a message "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 28-06-2030. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." and while connected to 3G (H+) if I dial *367# or *111# to check balance it shows "Your main account balance is Rs.0.01. it is valid till 20-07-2021" - so I believe that still our connections are in HYBRID mode (RGSM + LTE) & not totally shifted to LTE4G independent core system. And once it is totally shifted to LTE4G, we can expect 10GB 4G data after deducting our 3G usage. Likely to be on 16th August 2016 IMHO.

Finally My Data card SIM got activated today (13th July) though it was showing under migration in their system since 24th May.

Data Card latches to 4G but no internet data transfer. It gets connected to WCDMA (3G/H+) too and internets also works but amount gets deducted from core balance. (I am using Data SIM in Handset) No sign of 10GB 4G yet. So the data connection fall backs on 2G/3G confirmed. Again here the message while switching network mode shows "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 27-09-2028. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." and if I check balance by dialing *111*1*3# or *367# it shows different messages - interestingly it also shows the promo R2R free 0 mins. free loc 0 mins valid Data 0 bytes for 30 days though SMS and Calls are barred.

To be continued.....

Mumbai Circle (Mira-Bhayandar East)

Though still waiting for 10GB 4G data.....

......Should I go for Reliance's blessing in disguise for loyal CDMA users:

RCOM WEBSITE UNDER 4G PREPAID MUMBAI CIRCLE PLAN & PACKS CHECK THIS :-

PREPAID VOICE >> MINUTES PACK >> "ALL CALLS ₹97.00 VALIDITY 30 DAYS PLAN"

View DETAILS it gives "150 Minutes for Local & STD calls+1GB 3G/2G+43200 Minutes of Local & STD onnet Calls+10GB 4G data"

Looks lucrative - Better than JIO.

• Like 3

I have been closely observing this forum since last few months regularly and finally decided to join to share my experience of "A journey from CDMA to LTE".

I am using RIM CDMA right from 2003 (Dhirubhai Ambani Offer).

I had two Mobile (Prepaid) and one Netconnect+ Data Card (Prepaid) connection and was quite happy  because of good connectivity, decent speed and coverage while roaming - till I came to know that reliance is UPGRADING CDMA/EVDO to 4G. Reliance started informing me through SMS regarding all the development and finally on 11th & 12th May I was asked to collect my SIM from the Reliance Web World.

On 12th May I went and collected two SIMs one for Mobile and one for Data Card for FREE - Recharged my prepaid mobile with ₹97 (LTEMIG) and got Pre Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB data for 30 days along with Post migration benefit too. Registered my SIM through 1299.

I had 50p/min Lifetime plan which changed to 2p/sec valid for 180 days (So let's hope my base plan may revive after 180 days)

Two days later I went and collected another SIM for my other Mobile too but had to Recharge with ₹1 Only and NO Pre-Migration benefit - (Only Post Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB 2G/3G Data + 10GB 4G DATA for 30 days)

Later registered my data card SIM online when it stopped working. (Didn't buy Wi-pod)

On 24th May received SMS that please insert your New 4G SIM when there is no network on both mobiles. My both mobiles became inactive and I was much worried since the New SIM also didn't work. When I dialed my numbers from another mobile it said "please check the number..". At Last finally my numbers became active after 6 hours and 8 hours respectively.

Core balance was carried forward & also enjoyed Post Migration benefit of 150 mins. Promo Talktime + R2R free + 1GB 2G/3G Data for 30 days on both prepaid mobiles.

But after 3-4 days I was shocked as one of my SIM stopped registering on Reliance network and became in-active but again resumed after approx. 4-5 Hours by itself.

Didn't face any other CLI or SMS sending problem only USSD kept on giving weird results. If you activate international roaming by mistake SIM will fail to register even on Reliance 2G/3G network too.

My SIM's were from 4/16 lot but never had any problem with data.

Though it showed "you don't have any data balance" I could use data in 3G mode. After consuming 1GB - Data stopped in one of my mobile which had 0 balance and in other mobile it wiped my core balance too and then stopped.

Later on I bought LAVA X11 Dual SIM 4G (supports Band 3/5/40 & voLTE too - in case I want to opt for Jio after commercial launch)

Unfortunate I could not latch/register on Reliance 4G (LTE) though it was always available in manual scan list.

Kept calling customer care and they kept assuring that it will be solved..

Later sent SMS to 1925 and again 3G data started though I have 0 balance (Seems will be adjusted against 10GB credit).

Over chat online one Customer care executive told me that my SIM requires software upgrade & only then I will be able to latch to 4G network. I told him that I am not facing any issue with 3G data but he said it is marked in their system against my SIM.

So I took all my three SIMs and got software upgrade patch. Still no luck. So called Customer care (again over chat since 198 was not giving option to talk to customer care executive) and finally a Ticket was generated against my complain to be solved in three days on 10th July.

To My surprise on 11th July night I just tried to again manually select Reliance 4G and got registered with full bars inside my bedroom too. WOW! and though data was working but It only opened rcom.co.in homepage no matter what you type. While this was undergoing my number again became unreachable for some time.

But since 12th July afternoon though it is connected to 4G (LTE) - data is also connected but net is not working any more.But if I switch to 3G network my data starts working normally and also Shows "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 28-06-2030. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." while switching.

When dialing or receiving call/sms/ussd 4G switches to 3G/H/H+ temporarily for voice. I have disabled voLTE as it was enabled by default and afaik rcom does not use voLTE at present. Looking at the signal strength indoors I can say it is Band 5 (850Mhz).

While connected to 4G if the data is switched off or mode is changed to WCDMA (3G/H+) - it shows a message "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 28-06-2030. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." and while connected to 3G (H+) if I dial *367# or *111# to check balance it shows "Your main account balance is Rs.0.01. it is valid till 20-07-2021" - so I believe that still our connections are in HYBRID mode (RGSM + LTE) & not totally shifted to LTE4G independent core system. And once it is totally shifted to LTE4G, we can expect 10GB 4G data after deducting our 3G usage. Likely to be on 16th August 2016 IMHO.

Finally My Data card SIM got activated today (13th July) though it was showing under migration in their system since 24th May.

Data Card latches to 4G but no internet data transfer. It gets connected to WCDMA (3G/H+) too and internets also works but amount gets deducted from core balance. (I am using Data SIM in Handset) No sign of 10GB 4G yet. So the data connection fall backs on 2G/3G confirmed. Again here the message while switching network mode shows "Data used 0.00 bytes. Avail Bal Main Rs.0.00, it is valid till 27-09-2028. Data Usage balance:0.00 bytes." and if I check balance by dialing *111*1*3# or *367# it shows different messages - interestingly it also shows the promo R2R free 0 mins. free loc 0 mins valid Data 0 bytes for 30 days though SMS and Calls are barred.

To be continued.....

Mumbai Circle (Mira-Bhayandar East)

Though still waiting for 10GB 4G data.....

......Should I go for Reliance's blessing in disguise for loyal CDMA users:

RCOM WEBSITE UNDER 4G PREPAID MUMBAI CIRCLE PLAN & PACKS CHECK THIS :-

PREPAID VOICE >> MINUTES PACK >> "ALL CALLS ₹97.00 VALIDITY 30 DAYS PLAN"

View DETAILS it gives "150 Minutes for Local & STD calls+1GB 3G/2G+43200 Minutes of Local & STD onnet Calls+10GB 4G data"

Looks lucrative - Better than JIO.

Right now under minutes pack it only says coming soon

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I just checked its only in Mumbai circle and under Prepaid voice >> Minutes Packs >> Local ₹148 > Local ₹399 > All calls ₹97 ...

Coming soon.. is under Postpaid Voice sub menus only.

Try force refresh webpage or clear cache - it should show since day before yesterday it was comjng soon for me also but now Prepaid is full of plans under all sub menus.

Screenshot_2016-07-14-07-43-10.png

Screenshot_2016-07-14-07-43-23.png

Screenshot_2016-07-14-07-43-46.png

Edited by LTE4G
snaps
  • Like 1

I am using LYF Flame1, bought under Jio Preview offer.

8 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Which handset are you using?

20 hours ago, pinn_vasu said:

Get the SIM patched you should get 2g by default

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

I am also getting only EDGE,  and tried an airtel 3g sim and in network status it shows as HSPA

do I have get my 4G sim patched?

also the signal reception is pathetic in my office, either i get 0 signal or 70% :(

I just checked its only in Mumbai circle and under Prepaid voice >> Minutes Packs >> Local ₹148 > Local ₹399 > All calls ₹97 ...

Coming soon.. is under Postpaid Voice sub menus only.

Try force refresh webpage or clear cache - it should show since day before yesterday it was comjng soon for me also but now Prepaid is full of plans under all sub menus.

₹97 r/c has 10 GB 4G data ??

Got this message today from Rcom

Excited to share that our 4G services are live. Enjoy the awesome 4G data experience in your 4G Smart Phone. RCOM

Also today it's connecting on band 5

Screenshot_20160714-140442.png

Edited by farookh

2 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

₹97 r/c has 10 GB 4G data ??

Yes ! its there on rcom.co.in - 4G page. Reason why I asked - "Should I wait for 10GB 4G data credit OR Try this ₹97 recharge instead."

Seems it will be there ONLY till commercial launch of rcom 4G. ;)

This is most likely the LTE migration FRC that was prescribed by rcom.

1 hour ago, farookh said:

Got this message today from Rcom

Excited to share that our 4G services are live. Enjoy the awesome 4G data experience in your 4G Smart Phone. RCOM

Also today it's connecting on band 5

Screenshot_20160714-140442.png

Yes ! I also received the same message.

Unfortunately, though LTE signal strength is very good but data services are still not working (though Data gets connected) for me. I have to change to WCDMA to use data in H+ mode only.

finally able to latch to 4g.

data is also working but speeds are of 3G levels.

atleast dont have to use 2g.

maharashtra circle - area - Dahanu.

It falls back to 2g for voice hence no data when calling.

this will be a major issue in circles where there is no 3G of its own..
rcom will have to go for ICR.

Elz will need to port out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4g is stop working in Ahmedabad

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does Redmi Note 3 have very poor 3G speeds on this "upgraded" RCOM network?

4g is stop working in Ahmedabad

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

It's working, but issue is after calling, it get disconnected from network for 15-45 Sec.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

In my case, for both my postpaid connections, (one Delhi, one Kolakata), as per latest bill received, credit of 10 GB has been given on the date of conversion, 3G data used adjusted against it and balance expired. They never told that they would be crediting it on date of conversion, they never informed that it whas been credited and the credit did not also reflect in instacare.

In Kerala Circle today evening one of my 2 postpaid numbers Migrated to GSM 2G. There is no pre sms regarding this. I cant make calls while evening and when i called to my number its says "The number is switched off" then i inserted the  4G sim into one GSM handset and its started working. Now can make & recieve calls but only in 2G GSM:angry: No CDMA:(

I donnow how long to wait for 4G

What's  Happening!! Just now when I tried to call its not connecting  even " 198 " rerecorded message-> ( contact RCOM customer care ) and my number is switched off ??:(

RCOM signal 5 bar

Edited by invisiblebond

I am also getting only EDGE,  and tried an airtel 3g sim and in network status it shows as HSPA

do I have get my 4G sim patched?

also the signal reception is pathetic in my office, either i get 0 signal or 70%

Device?

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Update: my CDMA  SIM disconnected and activated 4G sim 

• Like 1