Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

On 7/16/2016 at 1:01 AM, uhm said:

@smartnsweet007, try dialing *#*#4636#*#* and then select LTE only or lte/gsm modes and see if that helps. Does gsm 2g/3g work on your phone?

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes 2G is working ok in my phone. 3G is not available in Gujarat. Tried using the code but it shows 4 Tabs in which I tapped on Phone Info. There I selected  GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto and rebooted my phone. The network just dissapeared. I also tried LTE only but same result. I am adding a screenshot for your reference. Please check all the settings and let me know. The radio I had turned off and then on for the settings to take effect. 

Btw the data roaming is showing as off. Could that be the reason. If yes where to change it. It doesnt show any option in the settings for that. 

rps20160717_012558.jpg

rps20160717_104058.jpg

Edited by smartnsweet007

10 hours ago, bmr2345 said:

New twist by rcom..4g data for data card customers will work with only rcom dongle and not any 4g phone

did anyone facing same problem in hyderabad.

25 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Not so. Please check whether your device supports band 3, 5 and 40,  

Yes I have tested in Mobile Handset - it works. It also works in H+ mode. Its also mentioned on the Reliance website's FAQs clearly. Your device should support Band 3/5/40. If you have old lot SIM then you require SIM upgrade software patch from the nearest Reliance store.

Edited by LTE4G

RCOM 4G is live in Varanasi, Allahabad & most likely in Lucknow & Kanpur also from last couple of days but couldn't latch using CDMA to LTE migrated SIM.

Don't know about WiPods are started working. If any one has any further information, please share.

7 hours ago, dave123 said:

Any idea anyone about UP east circle 4g status? Lucknow for example

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 0:25 PM, commonman said:

Faced this issue during first week of June.

If you are registered with myservices, log in and check the status of your connection in the home page. If its simply "Postpaid Mobile" or "Prepaid Mobile" then your number has not been migrated to new SIM. The new SIM will work only after status changes to "LTE4G_POSTPAID" or "LTE4G_PREPAID" as the case may be. If you have not been migrated, immediately send EMail to nodal officer of your circle with copy to appellate authority.

Karnataka circle

RCom CDMA-GSM migration seems to be completed at my location. I am not interested in RCom 4G (Data) but keen to use my MDN 934xxxxxxx in GSM only mode (2G) for Voice & SMS. However, RGSM signal is fluctuating indoors (my residence) & most of the times there will be either no-Signal OR 1-2 Signal-bars!

since this morning (17-July-2016), i have noticed that, whenever RGSM signal drops to zero, it switches to Tata Docomo (R appears above Signal-bars) with full Signal (5 bars)! I presume that, Tata Docomo is the Roaming partner of RGSM in Karnataka. however, the network reverts back to RGSM whenever 1-2 Signal-bar is available. To avoid this Auto-switchover, I have manually set Tata-Docomo in Network selection.

my Question: Since i have manually set Tata Docomo in Network selection for my RGSM MDN, will I incurr roaming charges in Karnataka (for Voice & SMS)?

thanks & regards

No, I don't think using Tata Docomo network will incur any roaming charges.

Here in UP East, RGSM is very bad in coverage and unstable. Most of the time it latches to Aircel network which is slightly better than RGSM, using it for making voice calls & data, since CDMA to 4G migration and no roaming charges were taken.

5 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

Karnataka circle

RCom CDMA-GSM migration seems to be completed at my location. I am not interested in RCom 4G (Data) but keen to use my MDN 934xxxxxxx in GSM only mode (2G) for Voice & SMS. However, RGSM signal is fluctuating indoors (my residence) & most of the times there will be either no-Signal OR 1-2 Signal-bars!

since this morning (17-July-2016), i have noticed that, whenever RGSM signal drops to zero, it switches to Tata Docomo (R appears above Signal-bars) with full Signal (5 bars)! I presume that, Tata Docomo is the Roaming partner of RGSM in Karnataka. however, the network reverts back to RGSM whenever 1-2 Signal-bar is available. To avoid this Auto-switchover, I have manually set Tata-Docomo in Network selection.

my Question: Since i have manually set Tata Docomo in Network selection for my RGSM MDN, will I incurr roaming charges in Karnataka (for Voice & SMS)?

thanks & regards

In my magic 1300 plan there was unlimited voice including roaming but after migration to 4g they are charging for roaming outgoing.its bad and contradict to commitment. Circle Delhi NCR 

Has anybody faced same issue?

• Like 2

In my magic 1300 plan there was unlimited voice including roaming but after migration to 4g they are charging for roaming outgoing.its bad and contradict to commitment. Circle Delhi NCR 

Hi

Yes I agree with you and I too have been charged for the same point. I am planning to port out to jio. Waiting for the latter to be live.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, amit4ubel said:

First change the plan.. RGsm is NOT worth of that 1000+ Rs tariff plans, imho...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smartnsweet007 said:

Thank you for your quick reply uhm. Yes 2G is working ok in my phone. 3G is not available in Gujarat. Tried using the code but it shows 4 Tabs in which I tapped on Phone Info. There I selected  GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto and rebooted my phone. The network just dissapeared. I also tried LTE only but same result. I am adding a screenshot for your reference. Please check all the settings and let me know. The radio I had turned off and then on for the settings to take effect. 

Btw the data roaming is showing as off. Could that be the reason. If yes where to change it. It doesnt show any option in the settings for that. 

rps20160717_012558.jpg

rps20160717_104058.jpg

On 7/16/2016 at 1:01 AM, uhm said:

@smartnsweet007, try dialing *#*#4636#*#* and then select LTE only or lte/gsm modes and see if that helps. Does gsm 2g/3g work on your phone?

3 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

First change the plan.. RGsm is NOT worth of that 1000+ Rs tariff plans, imho...

Cdma was worth for it but now you are right will port soon

They r not generating UPC code mnp

Yeah, I know about Rcdma and that's why I said RGsm is not worth it. But whether they will allow you to port out is the question. They may argue that moving to RGsm is also like MNP and so you can't move away for 90 days. But argue that it's INP and you have rights to move away even now. Even though chances are slim, you should not give up easily, IMHO.. All the best.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, amit4ubel said:

You can try to move to Prepaid first then after 90 days switch operator via MNP. In this way you can save monthly rental and your number too.

Yes I have tested in Mobile Handset - it works. It also works in H+ mode. Its also mentioned on the Reliance website's FAQs clearly. Your device should support Band 3/5/40. If you have old lot SIM then you require SIM upgrade software patch from the nearest Reliance store.

my device supports all bands.k4 note.I am able to use only in h+ mode.In lte mode it latches but data doesn't flow.

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Yeah, I know about Rcdma and that's why I said RGsm is not worth it. But whether they will allow you to port out is the question. They may argue that moving to RGsm is also like MNP and so you can't move away for 90 days. But argue that it's INP and you have rights to move away even now. Even though chances are slim, you should not give up easily, IMHO.. All the best.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, abhi5819 said:

You can try to move to Prepaid first then after 90 days switch operator via MNP. In this way you can save monthly rental and your number too.

Will they allow me to convert my postpaid to prepaid so that I can save my rental for 90days den I can switch to Jio hopefully.

Will they allow me to convert my postpaid to prepaid so that I can save my rental for 90days den I can switch to Jio hopefully.

If they apply mnp rule even that is not allowed as per public notice you can generate port codes till August 16 they have options of generating via mobile dialling a toll free number or visiting store enquire both options and decide which suits better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they will allow the conversion to Prepaid. No one can force you to stick to Postpaid without your wish but RCOM's approach is very unethical, that's the saddest part.

You can argue that you are no longer required Rs. 1000+ plan, either show alternative low rental plan or switch to prepaid.

13 minutes ago, amit4ubel said:

11 hours ago, abhi5819 said:

RCOM 4G is live in Varanasi, Allahabad & most likely in Lucknow & Kanpur also from last couple of days but couldn't latch using CDMA to LTE migrated SIM.

Don't know about WiPods are started working. If any one has any further information, please share.

Can u confirm LTE band in varanasi n alhbd. I am in lucknow n here I am not getting any 4g signal

2 hours ago, amit4ubel said:

They r generating I ported 2 cdma no. to vodafone in up east Lucknow 

I just checked data balance  92160 MB (9 GB) data has been credited in my account. The expiry date for this balance is 8-8-2016.

Now what the f*** is this???

10 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

I just checked data balance  92160 MB (9 GB) data has been credited in my account. The expiry date for this balance is 8-8-2016.

It Shows as 3G data.......4G not working on it.

15 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

What's your circle ??

How did you checked data balance please post snapshot

How did you check data balance? USSD, Self Care App or any other way?

SIM Latching to Reliance 4G? checked after getting 9GB data?

By the way, 92160 MB is equal to 90 GB :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Edited by abhi5819
typing error

18 minutes ago, abhi5819 said:

How did you check data balance? USSD, Self Care App or any other way?

SIM Latching to Reliance 4G? checked after getting 9GB data?

USSD *111*1*3# and SMS MBAL  to 55333 both.

not latching to 4G yet.

Edited by ajay16

Thanks @ajay16 for noticing this, I also received. I think, that's the post LTE migration benefit. Probably RCOM means post-migration is conversion from CDMA to LTE, not when we start to use 4G.

Screenshot_2016-07-17-22-02-55.png

Edited by abhi5819

13 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

USSD *111*1*3# and SMS MBAL  to 55333 both.

not latching to 4G yet.

I got reply that ur 2g net balance is 9215.99mb valid till 8 Aug. 

How m i suppose to spend 9gb 2g data in 1 month.