Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

5 minutes ago, abhi5819 said:

Thanks @ajay16 for noticing this, I also received. I think, that's the post LTE migration benefit. Probably RCOM means post-migration is conversion from CDMA to LTE, not when we start to use 4G.

Screenshot_2016-07-17-22-02-55.png

Same here in lucknow. Bt it says 2G data. Forget abt 4G its Not even 3G

Edited by drvirag

37 minutes ago, abhi5819 said:

Thanks @ajay16 for noticing this, I also received. I think, that's the post LTE migration benefit. Probably RCOM means post-migration is conversion from CDMA to LTE, not when we start to use 4G.

Screenshot_2016-07-17-22-02-55.png

Questions raised:

1. Why have they given 9 GB instead of 10 GB?

2. Why is it 2G net balance instead of 4G net balance?

3. Why should it expire just after 21 days instead of 30 days?

Are you able to use 4G data with that 2G balance?

Another strange thing, used 2G & 3G (on Aircel) data for around 50 MB but data balance remains at 9216 MB.

Still not be able to latch on their 4G network.

4 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Questions raised:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Questions raised:

Me got the same message. But what the use of 9GB 2G data with pathetic RGSM 2G speed? I am from Vadodara Gujarat and using Unlocked Airtel WiFi hotspot Huawei E5573s-606. It latches to 4G as 4G is live here. But without 4G data I am not able to surf anything. What a crook this RGSM management is.

Today evening my Kolkata number went out of service. Delhi number (on roaming) was working as usual. Network came back around 10. Now receiving 4G signals. Handset is RN3. Speed test from inside the room is good. So 4G is now live in Kolkata

Screenshot_2016-07-17-23-12-28_com.kbudev.speedtest.png

Edited by commonman

5 minutes ago, commonman said:

Today evening my Kolkata number went out of service. Delhi number (on roaming) was working as usual. Network came back around 10. Now receiving 4G signals. Handset is RN3. Speed test from inside the room is good. So 4G is now live in Kolkata

Screenshot_2016-07-17-23-12-28_com.kbudev.speedtest.png

Are u receiving 4g signals in delhi roaming sim??

Is any1 able to latch 4g in madhya pradesh (indore) ??

32 minutes ago, abhi5819 said:

Another strange thing, used 2G & 3G (on Aircel) data for around 50 MB but data balance remains at 9216 MB.

Still not be able to latch on their 4G network.

Have u checked ur main balance? U can never trust reliance. 

I am a Delhi postpaid subscriber, currently in Patna, Bihar. My phone latched onto LTE in Delhi last month at fag end, then I travelled here. 

Does anyone have any update about network status in Patna, Bihar? I don't get network at all most of the times, and rest times its latched onto Aircel 2G without data, or at times I have to manually register it to Reliance 3G, then data works, but automatically it goes back to Aircel 2g, or NO SERVICE. If I try to search manually I get forbidden Jio 4G! 

I want to know what are they going to do over here? When are they going to launch?

I also got 9216.00MB but it is 3G. Seems later they will deduct my 3G usage which was available since 7-7-2016. No 4G data. Seems Mukesh refused free data for Anil's clients so he his giving 2G or 3G instead.

Screenshot_2016-07-17-23-38-58.png

Though latching to LTE but no data flow. Data working on 2G & 3G (H+) only.

Edited by LTE4G

I am a Delhi postpaid subscriber, currently in Patna, Bihar. My phone latched onto LTE in Delhi last month at fag end, then I travelled here. 

Does anyone have any update about network status in Patna, Bihar? I don't get network at all most of the times, and rest times its latched onto Aircel 2G without data, or at times I have to manually register it to Reliance 3G, then data works, but automatically it goes back to Aircel 2g, or NO SERVICE. If I try to search manually I get forbidden Jio 4G! 

I want to know what are they going to do over here? When are they going to launch?

Looks like you are in weak 3g coverage area of rgsm. Rgsm has no 2g GSM network in Bihar [lost 900MHz 2g spectrum in last auction] and works in Aircel 2g by icr. So this issue. The same is true in other circles like west Bengal, Assam, north east, Orissa, even though rgsm has got 1800MHz in last 2 circles, lazy rgsm has not implemented the same till now.

Sent from my LS-5002 using Tapatalk

Chennai 4g SIM started to work today. But I am in Siliguri West Bengal, here no 4g network... So not able to know the 4g speed.

Holly 2plus

Yeah, I know about Rcdma and that's why I said RGsm is not worth it. But whether they will allow you to port out is the question. They may argue that moving to RGsm is also like MNP and so you can't move away for 90 days. But argue that it's INP and you have rights to move away even now. Even though chances are slim, you should not give up easily, IMHO.. All the best.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Same here in Chennai too but only 2g . No 3g yet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Same here in Chennai too but only 2g . No 3g yet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kumar your 4g sim got activated? My cdma number is still active

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

in tamilnadu, my cdma sim stopped working today morning. the 4G sim started working. Only 2G. but it shows roaming. im in home circle and why does it show roaming?

• Like 1

in tamilnadu, my cdma sim stopped working today morning. the 4G sim started working. Only 2G. but it shows roaming. im in home circle and why does it show roaming?

Don't worry Rgsm is roaming on Docomo signal ...
That's why it shows roaming.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

So in Coimbatore also sim changed. Only 2g. Not latching to 4g :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

Now latching to 4g in Delhi

• Like 1

On 7/16/2016 at 6:50 PM, vinayhabib said:

Same here Arun, I'm from Bangalore as well. I inserted the new 4G SIM in my HTC One E8 Dual Sim model and am receiving only 2G.

A word on this SIM patching: Can any one tell us whether my HTC One E8 Dual Sim supports 4G when they start the services?

And would the Reliance Store guys would do the SIM patching for us?

Thanks!

my handset still latches on to EDGE and not 3G,

Already sent sms START to 1925, but no improvement.

Is 4G started in Bangalore?

Reliance is now irritating me till sometime back cdma was working fine picked the phone to make calls won't dialled my number from another phone only to hear please check the number are they dumb to do transfers right in the middle of the day now I am wondering how long this is going to be like this insta care still shows prepaid chennai circle

Questions raised:

9216 MB = 9 GB. maybe they have deducted 1 GB out of promised 10 GB, which they have given just after conversion of cdma from 4g.

no idea about other questions..

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

2 hours ago, ankurcshah said:

So in Coimbatore also sim changed. Only 2g. Not latching to 4g :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk 2

3 hours ago, madhi said:

I think 4G will take more time due to liberalization and JIO Sharing. But I thought 3G was possible if we chose AIRCEL manually. But even that is not happening. Network is only connecting to Reliance and TATA. Both have only 2G in Tamil Nadu.

• Like 1

Old cdma not working new 4g sim shows emergency calls only chat does not work calls don't connect to cc. Upon dialling my number I am told to check the number anybody else facing these issues?

Anybody from Mumbai whose 4g has started working in Mobile??

Vicky

RCOM 4g has been working in Mobile Phone for last 4-5 days

Average Download speed is 10Mbps max its gone to is 16Mbps at night.

1 hour ago, vicky2089 said:

Anybody from Mumbai whose 4g has started working in Mobile??

I can latch to 4G and Data shows connected but no internet & during incoming or outgoing calls switches automatically to 3G and then back to 4G (LTE).

I have to switch to 3G/H+ mode to use data - Speed in 3G is fine though 1.1- 2.8 Mbps during day and  2.4 - 3.8 Mbps during night. Mira - Bhayandar Area.

4G Signal is very strong even indoors - Full Bars.

Screenshot_2016-07-18-16-05-52.png

Edited by LTE4G