Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

14 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Rjio is anytime better than RCom4G [doesn't have VoLTE and depends on Circuit Switch Fallback to pathetic 2G/3G for voice & SMS]

Rjio does not seem to be confident on their VoLTE.  It supports through an app. Rjio is good for data but not good enough to replace conventional voice technology. It is still in beta stage. So, for now, Rjio too will be the secondary phone only.

Edited by ajay16

As per below article,  RCom's Jio-Powered 10GB at Rs. 93 4G Upgrade Offer is Over:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/news/rcoms-jio-powered-10gb-at-rs-93-4g-upgrade-offer-over-customers-told-862188

We have'nt got 4G signal in Delhi yet and now this......

Looks like, we have had enough of RCom and its time to port out now.

2 hours ago, joshm said:

Yes , i am able to latch onto the LTE network ,

but unfortunately neither Jio nor Rcom has their 4G towers in my area, 

i am getting great jio speeds in various locations in delhi , No idea regarding RCOM 4g speed as it just strated last night and i am in off today :P

will update tomorrow the condition of RCOM 4G .

LTE speed in RGSM is good , LTE.jpg

5 hours ago, Hejmady said:
  • Till you receive SMS from RCom stating 4G is Live at your location - you can't access 4G Data, it will be either 2G/3G only, even if your Network-search shows Reliance 4G!
  • The validity of 2G Data [1 GB] is 30 days only from the day CDMA-GSM migration is done on your MDN.
  • The validity of 4G Data [10GB-1GB=9GB] is 30 days only from the day you SMS keyword: Start to 1925. So, one should send the SMS only after he/she receives SMS from RCom stating that 4G is Live at their location! otherwise the 4G Data validity may expire before 4G is available!

this is the "Trick" played by RCom and they are legally right!

to experience True 4G - Jio to Liyo!

best wishes

CAUTION : ABOVE INFORMATION IS CORRECT & VALIDITY START DATE IS COUNTED FROM THE DAY WE SEND 'START' SMS TO 1925.

I have checked, my sms record, as I did send SMS on 9th July to 1925 for start data. I got confirmation back saying data is active now. However, so far, till 19th, No 4G is available & validity is showing exactly 1 month from 9th July.

So, be careful. Unless we get SMS from them, we may loose our validity & eventually benefits of 4G !!!

Rcdma to rgsm migrated customers not able to use 3g before 4g launch, only 2g ?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, silent_god said:

So, be careful. Unless we get SMS from them, we may loose our validity & eventually benefits of 4G !!!

did not send any sms still received data.

Rgsm connects only in 2g call clarity is great at times pathetic at times. 10gb 2g data and calls at 2p/s cheaters already changed cdma plan in the name of up gradation. Now whatever rate cutters we put to counter this is also gone. People hoping for 10gb 4g i would say forget it reliance has stopped it only available in 2g now. I have a query with regard to porting the August 16 is for generating port code or to complete the process

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, dhruv2201 said:

As per below article,  RCom's Jio-Powered 10GB at Rs. 93 4G Upgrade Offer is Over:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/news/rcoms-jio-powered-10gb-at-rs-93-4g-upgrade-offer-over-customers-told-862188

We have'nt got 4G signal in Delhi yet and now this......

Looks like, we have had enough of RCom and its time to port out now.

Another article : How Rcom went back on its 10 GB 4G promise to its loyal CDMA and EvDO subscribers

http://telecomtalk.info/how-rcom-went-back-on-its-10-gb-4g-promise-to-its-loyal-cdma-and-evdo-subscribers/155011/

47 minutes ago, silent_god said:

CAUTION : ABOVE INFORMATION IS CORRECT & VALIDITY START DATE IS COUNTED FROM THE DAY WE SEND 'START' SMS TO 1925.

I have checked, my sms record, as I did send SMS on 9th July to 1925 for start data. I got confirmation back saying data is active now. However, so far, till 19th, No 4G is available & validity is showing exactly 1 month from 9th July.

SMS has nothing to do with the validity - All prepaid users in Mumbai have 8-8-16 as expiry date whether they sent SMS or not.

SMS was ONLY required for some users who were not able to access data services.

As per TRAI all Data services are switched OFF by default and one can START or STOP data services by sending SMS to 1925 (Universal to all operators - MTNL, Vodafone, Reliance etc.). So those users who were not using DATA in CDMA mode had to send SMS to invoke Data services - whereas users who were already using DATA were able to access Data without sending SMS. I was able to use data 1GB wihtout sending SMS and after consuming 1GB, data stopped - but restarted once I sent SMS to 1925.

Check my post for details regarding irrelevance to SMSdate expiry is 8-8-16 :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37711-reliance-cdma-network-upgrade-to-4g-lte/?do=findComment&comment=330175

51 minutes ago, ngsonda said:

Rcdma to rgsm migrated customers not able to use 3g before 4g launch, only 2g ?

3G will be available if rcom has 3G license in your home circle. Otherwise enable national roaming to use 3G on the network of Aircel/docomo.

Edited by ajay16

Latching to 4g network in Gujarat but speeds are of 2g

Data balance is around 10 gb

Am I required to recharge any 4g data pack to access 4g data speeds

Pls confirm guys

Iam using honor holly 2 plus

Try sending SMS start to 1925.
I'm getting speed varying from 15 Mbps to 50Mbps in Ahmedabad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Rjio does not seem to be confident on their VoLTE.  It supports though an app. Rjio is good for data but not good enough to replace conventional voice technology. It is still in beta stage. So, for now, Rjio too will be the secondary phone only.

Karnataka circle

I had recharged with Rs.1/- via PayTm after registering the 4G SIM collected from RCom Mobile store at my location.

on the day CDMA-GSM migration was done at my location, 1GB 2G data (1024MB) was credited with validity of 30 days [to check Data balance SMS keyword: MBAL to 55333]. the moment one sends SMS keyword: Start to 1925 the remaing 9GB is credited under 2G Data with the same 30 day validity [at present my balance is 10239.93].

unfortunately, at my location RCom 4G is not ready yet!. checked with RCom 4G SIM in Lyf Flame 2. so my 10GB will expire beform 4G network is ready!

following points may be noted:

• Ensure that, your handset supports 850MHz LTE (Band 5) for RCom 4G.
  • Don't SMS keyword: Start to 1925 unless you receive SMS from RCom that 4G is ready at your location [even if Reliance 4G appears in network search]
  • There is no VoLTE support in RCom 4G, for Voice & SMS it will be Circuit Switch Fallback to pathetic 2G/3G Network
4G Liyo to Jio

best wishes

Calling from Lyf phone is far better than pathetic RGSM. Voice is crystal clear..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

SMS has nothing to do with the validity - All prepaid users in Mumbai have 8-8-16 as expiry date whether they sent SMS or not.

As per TRAI all Data services are switched OFF by default and one can START or STOP data services by sending SMS to 1925 (Universal to all operators - MTNL, Vodafone, Reliance etc.). So those users who were not using DATA in CDMA mode had to send SMS to invoke Data services - whereas users who were already using DATA were able to access Data without sending SMS. I was able to use data 1GB wihtout sending SMS and after consuming 1GB, data stopped - but restarted once I sent SMS to 1925.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37711-reliance-cdma-network-upgrade-to-4g-lte/?do=findComment&comment=330175

Even in Rajasthan circle the default expiry for 10gb data is 8-8-2016

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

in my case, upon RCDMA-RGSM migration - immediate credit of 1GB 2G Data [1024MB] with 30 days validity.

after 2 days, I sent SMS keyword: Start to 1925 and the 2G Data balance became 10GB with 30 days validity!

unfortunately, RCom4G is not Live at location. so when 4G is Live, my 10GB Data validity might have expired!

Pls. exercise caution, unless you are sure that 4G is live at your location, don't send the SMS!

best wishes

16 hours ago, Cookie said:

Since when?

Checked yesterday.

Showed 4g continuously, was a stable connection throughout and 15-16 mbps standard.

Still working properly as I type this.

51 minutes ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Rgsm connects only in 2g call clarity is great at times pathetic at times. 10gb 2g data and calls at 2p/s cheaters already changed cdma plan in the name of up gradation. Now whatever rate cutters we put to counter this is also gone. People hoping for 10gb 4g i would say forget it reliance has stopped it only available in 2g now. I have a query with regard to porting the August 16 is for generating port code or to complete the process

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As per Public Notice on RCom web site, I understand 16-Aug-2016 is last date to generate UPC (Port code). however, with RCom you can't take any chances.

better to generate UPC - 1 week in advance, viz. before 10-Aug-2016

2 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Rjio does not seem to be confident on their VoLTE.  It supports though an app. Rjio is good for data but not good enough to replace conventional voice technology. It is still in beta stage. So, for now, Rjio too will be the secondary phone only.

yes, RJio can't be your primary number at it's present state. however, it is good for data & casual voice and SMS support.

when you compare, RJio4G & RCom4G i believe RJio is the winner

Please note that VoLTE is a new futuristic technology for better voice and video calls. My brother is using Jio and believe me voice is  crystal clear and he is making smooth video calls too.

Once VoLTE becomes popular old protocols CS (circuit switching) used for 2G and 3G will not sustain. Technology is improving by leaps and bounds. Everyone wants to board onto better technology. Reason We switched from Dial-up Modem network 56Kbps to 128Kbps Leased lines to 256Kbps broadband etc. and in cellular from GPRS to EDGE to 3G to HSDPA to HSDPA+ to LTE etc. and in CDMA 1x to EVDO rev.A to EVDO rev.B etc.

If you remember that in old times carbon transducers (Mic) were used in landline telephony with analog DC circuit which changed to digital for better voice quality.

So the GAME is ON - who ever is clever in presenting Better Technology, Reliable Service as well as Moderate/Economical Pricing will be the ruler in telecom sector in India.

I am in Delhi and still not able to lach on 4G network. Do I need to do something?

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

I am in Delhi and still not able to lach on 4G network. Do I need to do something?

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

Blame ur phone or no towers near u.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

Blame ur phone or no towers near u.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

Signal is there. I tried lyf and honor holly 2 plus both. :(

Today my 4g sim activated in tamilnadu circle. But i had 172 hrs local free min and 4gb of evdo data in cdma accout... Now only my main acc credited in 4G... local mins and data balance gone? is there any possibility to get back?

Today my 4g sim activated in tamilnadu circle. But i had 172 hrs local free min and 4gb of evdo data in cdma accout... Now only my main acc credited in 4G... local mins and data balance gone? is there any possibility to get back?

Not at all possible. Rcom clearly said it can carry forward only main balance and not promo balance minutes or data.

Rcom never does even the things it has promised. So there is no point in expecting them to do what they have not promised, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

4g got activated and without sending any "start" SMS got 10 GB  2g data credited. Thinking of porting once we are sure that we are not going to get the 10 gb 4g

9 hours ago, Hejmady said:

4G signal may be available & you can also latch on to LTE Network! However, can you access 4G Data without SMS keyword: Start to 1925?

I have postpaid connection. Did not send any SMS. Did not receive any SMS. 4G data started on its own. SIM had to be patched after conversion (4/2016 series) and after that 3G data was available before start of 4G data.

Edited by commonman