Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Trichy , tamilnaducircle  4g will start by 8th according to cc executive.10gb 2g data will expire on 16th. Want to know once 4g start, our 2g free data will change to 4g

• Like 1

What about postpaid users? Do they get any special offer post migration? Also, in Bangalore - I am unable to latch on to Aircel or Tata DoCoMo. I am able to connect to Reliance 2G. I am am from Kerala circle - will I incur extra charges while roaming on tata/aircel? 

2 hours ago, kannan.t said:

Trichy , tamilnaducircle  4g will start by 8th according to cc executive.10gb 2g data will expire on 16th. Want to know once 4g start, our 2g free data will change to 4g

It will only work on 2G.:(

Latching to 4g network in Gujarat but speeds are of 2g

Data balance is around 10 gb

Am I required to recharge any 4g data pack to access 4g data speeds

Pls confirm guys

Iam using honor holly 2 plus

All the guys accessing 4g data, can you please confirm whether you people have recharged with 4g data voucher for accessing 4g data

In tamilnadu, my datacard is no longer getting pro3 signal. it is working in 1x mode since today morning. it is useless to browse like this. can i get rental rebate for deficiency of service till the 4g network is ready and running?

Free 4g offer has been discontinued by reliance so there is no way of getting it reliance has clearly duped all loyal customers who held on generate port code and move out till jio enters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, kannan.t said:

Trichy , tamilnadu circle  4g will start by 8th according to cc executive.10gb 2g data will expire on 16th. Want to know once 4g start, our 2g free data will change to 4g

Post migration benefits

• 10GB of 4G LTE data benefits,
  • 1GB of 3G or 2G data benefits
  • 150 minutes of local and STD voice minutes
  • unlimited reliance to reliance local and STD minutes

all the above for 30 days.

17 hours ago, kannan.t said:

Karnataka circle update

Ref.: Reliance InstaCare App/My Accounts/My Balance

Balance Name: Main Balance: Rs.26/-; Exp Date: 20-07-2021 [carried forward from RCDMA]

Balance Name: Promo Call Min - 2Hr. 30Min; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

Balance Name: R2R Call Min - 720Hr; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

All other Balance: 0; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

Note: 

• Yesterday 2G Data Balance was 10GB. Today 2G Data field has disappeared instead 3G Data Balance field appeared as 0; Exp Date: 10-08-2016. However, RCom doesn't have 3G in Karnataka!
  • in "My Plan", "Failure, invalid MDN" appears! However, I am able Call & SMS without any problem.
  • in "My Packs", SMS Pack 14 is displayed as "Active Pack" with validity 29 days. I presumed it to be a Carry-forward from RCDMA & sent few SMS. however, i was charged Rs.1/- per SMS  

Totally confused, RIM Gurus Pls. comment

thanks & regards

Edited by Hejmady

Post migration benefits

• 10GB of 4G LTE data benefits,
  • 1GB of 3G or 2G data benefits
  • 150 minutes of local and STD voice minutes
  • unlimited reliance to reliance local and STD minutes
all the above for 30 days.

Can you confirm if you got 4g data of 10gb as per chat convo I had with reliance it has been discontinued now only 2g/3G data is free

As per Public Notice on RCom web site, I understand 16-Aug-2016 is last date to generate UPC (Port code). however, with RCom you can't take any chances.

better to generate UPC - 1 week in advance, viz. before 10-Aug-2016

Hi, is this last date of generating UPC circle specific ??

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

Better to generate code a week before specified deadline rcom known for its cheap tricks can come up with some more if you delay the process

18 hours ago, Cookie said:

I am in Delhi and still not able to lach on 4G network. Do I need to do something?

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

Your sim's patched or not ?

16 hours ago, kannan.t said:

I am suspicious about it. A few people got 4g data while rest others 2g/3g.

5 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Karnataka circle update

Ref.: Reliance InstaCare App/My Accounts/My Balance

Balance Name: Main Balance: Rs.26/- [carried forward from RCDMA]; Exp Date: 20-07-2021

Balance Name: Promo Call Min - 2Hr. 30Min; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

Balance Name: R2R Call Min - 720Hr; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

All other Balance: 0; Exp Date: 10-08-2016

Note: 

• Yesterday 2G Data Balance was 10GB. Today 2G Data field has disappeared instead 3G Data Balance field appeared as 0; Exp Date: 10-08-2016. However, RCom doesn't have 3G in Karnataka!
  • in "My Plan", "Failure, invalid MDN" appears! However, I am able Call & SMS without any problem.
  • in "My Packs", SMS Pack 14 is displayed as "Active Pack" with validity 29 days. I presumed it to be a Carry-forward from RCDMA & sent few SMS. however, i was charged Rs.1/- per SMS  

Totally confused, RIM Gurus Pls. comment

thanks & regards

Data will work even if it shows no balance.

Try *111*1*3# or send SMS MBAL to 55333 to check Net Balance even if it is now shown in InstaCare App.

4 hours ago, pankaj.rim said:

yes, you may Pls. check at http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/aboutus/news/4G-notice.html

best wishes

• Like 1

Only evdo working , no call , SMS

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I just checked the so called 4g sim in rn3 if you select let mode or 3G mode phone doesn't even latch on to signal only in 2g signal works if their service was not ready why shift us to pathetic rgsm 2g generating a port code soon hope the rumour of jio mnp is true would happily port in there instead of this pathetic 2g reliance has royally screwed its old customers

21 hours ago, commonman said:

I have postpaid connection. Did not send any SMS. Did not receive any SMS. 4G data started on its own. SIM had to be patched after conversion (4/2016 series) and after that 3G data was available before start of 4G data.

I noticed that 4G access or 4G data started automatically in postpaid connections (Mobile as well as Data cards) - because Reliance can RIP them with unjust monthly plans for next 90 days. Prepaid users faced 4G connectivity issue as well as no 4G data without 4G recharge - because Reliance cannot RIP them unless they recharge and continue.

I am having prepaid connections and have received several courtesy calls from Reliance as why am I not making any recharge - am I facing any problem or not ? etc. In reply I told them that Vodafone is giving me 1GB 4G data/28days for ₹147.00 only (using since May June onward) so why should I buy 1GB for ₹297.00. They are not even able to tell me which Operator should I select Reliance CDMA or GSM while recharging - instead insisted me to use MyServices to recharge at the moment.

The Torture we (CDMA users) had been since last three months Reliance should have given some incentive/concession for a few months at least. Since last three months I think some of the prepaid users like me are using other/alternate operators (Airtel, Vodafone etc,) to meet their requirements and Reliance is loosing revenue. If Reliance does not take things seriously they will not only loose revenue but also loose customers too.

Let's see what happens after 16th August - still some days.

Edited by LTE4G

I am finding Rel 2G not getting connected from my home about 20 to 30% time. Is there any chance of improvement perhaps after CDMA is completely closed? My CDMA Wipod is still working, and the new 4G wipod is showing no signal (Kerala, Calicut) so CDMA is still not switched off. I had tried Idea and Airtel in between, but they also have the same problem.

Is it possible to use a signal enhancer? The cheaper ones (< Rs2000/-) at Amazon, customer feedback is that they do not work. The good ones cost Rs 20,000/-. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, d_d said:

I am finding Rel 2G not getting connected from my home about 20 to 30% time. Is there any chance of improvement perhaps after CDMA is completely closed? My CDMA Wipod is still working, and the new 4G wipod is showing no signal (Kerala, Calicut) so CDMA is still not switched off. I had tried Idea and Airtel in between, but they also have the same problem.

Is it possible to use a signal enhancer? The cheaper ones (< Rs2000/-) at Amazon, customer feedback is that they do not work. The good ones cost Rs 20,000/-. Any suggestions?

"₹20,000/- just for SIgnal boost !! :unexp:

If you were previously getting good CDMA signal strengh I would suggest to wait for 4G signal, which will be as strong as CDMA was.

Further you can opt for RJio connection ( LYF flame for ₹2999.00 offer!! ) because it is 4G and you will not be depending on 2G signal for voice unlike Rcom since it uses VoLTE and will be using Reliance shared 850 MHz band (Same band was CDMA).

Forget about 2G - think of VoLTE (Jio). Coverage will be same as CDMA but voice quality will be better than CDMA.

Compare all options thoroughly before deciding.:ph34r:

4 hours ago, d_d said:

Better port ur no. Dan spending too much on a thing dat may work may not.  if u r a premium customer then service providers install repeaters at ur locations. U ll have to pay electric bill only. Bt i dont think rcom will do it for a single customer. 

43 minutes ago, drvirag said:

Better port ur no. Dan spending too much on a thing dat may work may not.

Read below - He already tried other operators with no success in his area. So porting will not help.

5 hours ago, d_d said:

I had tried Idea and Airtel in between, but they also have the same problem.

43 minutes ago, drvirag said:

Bif u r a premium customer then service providers install repeaters at ur locations. U ll have to pay electric bill only. Bt i dont think rcom will do it for a single customer. 

Rcom will not do for a single customer and neither any other operator will do for a single customer.

Since he was happy with the CDMA network, I suggested him to wait for 4G - which will be on the same band. But if he also wants CDMA like solution for voice he can opt for VoLTE option of R-Jio since 4G band will be the same band which CDMA was using i.e. 850Mhz (LTE Band 5). So the coverage will be very good.

Edited by LTE4G

20 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Read below - He already tried other operators with no success in his area. So porting will not help.

Rcom will not do for a single customer and neither any other operator will do for a single customer.

Since he was happy with the CDMA network, I suggested him to wait for 4G - which will be on the same band. But if he also wants CDMA like solution for voice he can opt for VoLTE option of R-Jio since 4G band will be the same band which CDMA was using i.e. 850Mhz (LTE Band 5). So the coverage will be very good.

There r many left except idea Aircel. N I don't think Jio will b having gud indoor coverage. Dats y dey r unable to commercially launch. Rcom 4g shud hv gud coverage bt it will take time. 

Check if u get Bsnl cdma. It has excellent coverage. 

17 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Data will work even if it shows no balance.

Try *111*1*3# or send SMS MBAL to 55333 to check Net Balance even if it is now shown in InstaCare App.

SMS keyword: MBAL to 55333 returns with 10239.93MB [10GB] 2G Data valid till 10-08-2016, thanks.

regards