Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

I've been told by an RCOM store person that 4G will launch around 15th August in Rajasthan. I don't think these people know anything. The store people that is.

No one cares about petitions on change.org.. :-/

Screenshot_2016-07-28-10-07-46_com.android.mms.pngYesterday I have got 10gb Promo data.  Let's hope it will work with 4g services 

Edited by Sunil.ald

The news from Kerala circle is that CDMA towers will start getting switched off from today and will be completely off by the weekend. Reliance 4G network is already live since the past few days and it is currently under testing. 4G SIM will start latching on to the 4G network from/after August 1.

Is the RCom 4G started in Pune? I ported my primary postpaid number to Telenor. If the 4G service is started I want to start using a new prepaid connection. What are the charges for a data plan? 

In Tamil Nadu EDGE data works with reliance 2G tower but not connecting with reliance 4G tower though i can make calls in 4G tower. reliance store ppl said data services will be launched tentatively last week of august here. all postpaid plans will be deactivated with new costly postpaid plans with limited data who had earlier used unlimited HSD data services in CDMA.

Screenshot_2016-07-28-23-07-37-343_com.android.phone.jpg

37 minutes ago, sphinzm said:

not connecting with reliance 4G tower though i can make calls in 4G tower.

If it is not connecting to Reliance 4G tower, then how are you able to make calls using 4G?

There is no calling on 4G in reliance, it'll fall back on 2G or 3G. Worst network of worst people, they changed plan drastically.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Sunil.ald said:

I have got 1 0gb Promo data .  Let's hope it will work with 4g services 

Did you get this 10 gb 4g promo data besides 2g data or did you get 4g data only?

At Last I am able to use free 4G data on my Data card SIM (Using in my Handset). Raised a complain through chat telling them that my migration request was made in May and the executive took the request and now 4G data is working.

While checking through *111*1*3# it still shows "Your 2G Net bal is 0.00 MB (valid till 12-08-2016)..."

SMS MBAL to 55333 fails as calls and SMS are barred by default as mentioned on Rcom website under FAQs.

Any other method to check data balance using another phone ?

Tried 18003000555 - Only core balance details are available.

Is the RCom 4G started in Pune? What are the charges for a data plan? 

RCom 4G is active in almost all parts of Maharashtra. For plans, refer RCom.co.in/4g

Reliance 4G proving to be very costly compared to RCDMA. In CDMA postpaid i had 1000 L+N minutes, 100 sms, and 2 GB EVDO data in 399 plan.

Yesterday i got an sms stating that now i am getting 750 L+N mins, 100 sms, and 512 MB 4G data.

So 512 MB vs 2 GB data. This is cheating since Reliance had told that the existing CDMA plans wont be changed in 4G.

Am thinking to port out to some other operator.

Is JIO going to be launched on 15th August? Am thinking of porting to JIO.

Reliance started charging me roaming in home circle. when raising a complaint they say you need to get a 4G device otherwise we can not help.

When i dial a toll free number starting 1800 .. i am being charged on the home network. If a dial a local number they charge me 1.15 rs/min my phone connects to reliance and shows i am roaming. why type of telecom operator would charge a user as roaming in home circle.

I am in pune and activated this number from here only. 

Reliance is so pathetic, I am submitting request to port out. 

all other who are thinking to port to rcom for using 4G, my suggestion is stay away from it.

Three new data plans for Mumbai circle :

• 225MB for 7 Days  for ₹78
  • 375MB for 14 Days  for ₹124
  • 550MB for 21 Days for ₹191

What Reliance is up to ? - 4G Data with small packs ! - Will be exhausted within minutes.:o

IMHO 4G is meant for Power Users so that they can save time while downloading BIG files and does not effect much for someone who needs internet for browsing, chatting and email etc..:D

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Three new data plans for Mumbai circle :

• 225MB for 7 Days  for ₹78
  • 375MB for 14 Days  for ₹124
  • 550MB for 21 Days for ₹191

What Reliance is up to ? - 4G Data with small packs ! - Will be exhausted within minutes.:o

IMHO 4G is meant for Power Users so that they can save time while downloading BIG files and does not effect much for someone who needs internet for browsing, chatting and email etc..:D

So ChoRCom joins the AVoId gang as AvoidRe, who loves to feed elephants using tea-spoons...

• Like 1

Hi 

i am from chennai. can any body tell me the call booster for migrated cdma to 4g sim. i have crosed the promo min for the off net calls. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

So ChoRCom joins the AVoId gang as AvoidRe, who loves to feed elephants using tea-spoons...

:D

On 7/26/2016 at 0:32 AM, drvirag said:
Legally they can change any plan after 6 months. So u ll loose case in court. Even if u file 100ppl together. Moreover as per a supreme Court order against bsnl, u can never file a consumer case against a telecom company. U have to complain to nodal n appellate only. 

Nothing bars u from filling criminal case for cheating

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yesterday Received SMS from Rcom.

Now 397 also changed to 899....They give 50% discounts for 3 months for catch customers...

20160730.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is the TRAI complaint link: https://www.change.org/p/trai-must-act-against-.... I was using Reliance Netconnect + dongle 999 -40GB unlimited plan. Confirmed many times before upgrading to 4G from CC and every time they said that your plan will remain same and now we have received email that they have changed plan to  5 GB for 1100… RCOM is not reliable at all.. they just looted us. First they forced us to shell out 800 rs for 4G dongle by giving false confirmation and after migration to 4 G they changed plan….If we knew this, i would have thought some other better options..

11 minutes ago, prihir said:

Now 397 also changed to 899....They give 50% discounts for 3 months for catch customers...

20160730.jpeg

All India minutes includes roaming min also?

On 7/28/2016 at 2:38 PM, Arun said:

The news from Kerala circle is that CDMA towers will start getting switched off from today and will be completely off by the weekend. Reliance 4G network is already live since the past few days and it is currently under testing. 4G SIM will start latching on to the 4G network from/after August 1.

Karnataka circle

CDMA EVDO on Netconnect+ dongle started working from today.

However, it is not working on 1X & Hybrid-modes. I am on Lifetime 1GB per month Prepaid plan and happy that my dongle started working!

regards

Who are the catch customers according to them? People who gets deceived by catches in ChoRcom tariff plans?

Plan is not clear, whether the minutes are applicable in roaming as well? Yes, so many catches in the plans...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Actually want to say for catching from Portout

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, amit4ubel said:

All India minutes includes roaming min also?

Which circle?

On 7/29/2016 at 0:02 PM, drabhayshah76 said:

Reliance 4G proving to be very costly compared to RCDMA. In CDMA postpaid i had 1000 L+N minutes, 100 sms, and 2 GB EVDO data in 399 plan.

Yesterday i got an sms stating that now i am getting 750 L+N mins, 100 sms, and 512 MB 4G data.

So 512 MB vs 2 GB data. This is cheating since Reliance had told that the existing CDMA plans wont be changed in 4G.

Am thinking to port out to some other operator.

Is JIO going to be launched on 15th August? Am thinking of porting to JIO.

Extermely unfortunate that RCom does this to its customers.This is not right!!! I wonder they want customers on their network or not?by giving a port out request will it help in retaining the same plan atleast with rcom?

have a look at their strategy till date :-

firstly you change from cdma technology to 4g so your cdma phone which u spent atleast 10-12k goes worthless or piece of paper weight

next you tell customers to get new 4g phones to enjoy 4g services

lastly you  increase customers  plans so that customers pay more

wha! re wah! Rcom great going in loosing customers.:unexp:

Sam007

• Like 1