Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Can I port in to prepaid Reliance GSM in Gujarat ? Is it advisable at this moment ?

Is the tariff and packs published on rcom.co.in still valid even after migration to 4G ?

Can I port in to prepaid Reliance GSM in Gujarat ? Is it advisable at this moment ?

Is the tariff and packs published on rcom.co.in still valid even after migration to 4G ?

Afaik all the other networks in Gujarat are better than RGsm, incl Bsnl. Are you jumping for the 4g network of Rcom? Then better wait till RJio launches service in Gujarat, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

So many people planning to wait for jio but what is the report for Jio network?

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I got 4G network but data not working. What to do?

Sent from my LS-5014 using Tapatalk

Cookie bhai, apke greater Noida mein hi nahin NCR mein kisi bhi region mein kisi ka bhi nahin chal raha unless 4G pack recharge karaya ho. It is as simple as that that RCOM idiots have separate data buckets for 2G/3G and 4G. 

G**d maro RCOM ki.. @#@$#@* Never been so much annoyed with any mobile network as with RCOM aka RGSM. It's time to screw RCOM, 10 times harder then they screwed us.. Wait for the 90th day and port out all RCOM phone. Ask everyone around also to do so.. Never recommend RCOM to anyone.. 

I have apprehensions about Jio too now.. these brothers are cheaters.. Jio would be a big failure.. A company cannot launch network even after 6 years of spectrum.. There is seriously wrong. Other operators are slowly launching 4G.. at least they are doing something. 

are you able to get data on 2G/3G? if not, your SIM may need to be patched.

18 minutes ago, commonman said:

Can you please throw some light on SIM-patching process?

Mine is a HTC One E8 Dual SIM. Would SIM-Patching enable my phone to receive Band 40 (2300Mhz)

Thanks!

Yes while on 3G / 2G, data working

5 hours ago, Cookie said:

Yes while on 3G / 2G, data working

Yes it will connect to 4G and even data will show connected BUT You will not get 4G.

To get 4G you need to activate any 4G data plan separately - only then it will start. Till then enjoy 3G.

Its really weird as Rcom is treating 3G and 4G as separate packs, where I am using Vodafone 3G/4G pack with any network mode - means either 2G/Edge/3G/H+/4G/LTE with the same 3G/4G data pack.:wub:

But in case of Rcom I am able to use 3G/H+ and not 4G/LTE data in my prepaid phone.:huh:

Further it is really funny as I can use 4G data in my Data card (Using in my handset) with 4G balance, but if I switch to 3G/H+ my core balance starts getting deducted instead of 4G data balance.:unexp:

Come on Reliance GROW UP ! :ph34r:

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vinayhabib said:

Can you please throw some light on SIM-patching process?

Mine is a HTC One E8 Dual SIM. Would SIM-Patching enable my phone to receive Band 40 (2300Mhz)

Thanks!

Band is Hardware dependent. SIM patching is required where hardware supports necessary band but due to some software/firmware problem in SIM, it can not get certain services. No level of SIM upgrade can get you data if you do not have a phone that supports it.

The initial lots of 4G SIMs, mostly with 04/2016 manufacturing date, have problems with data connection and require to be "patched" before they can get data. But if 2G/3G data is working, then SIM is ok.

Yes it will connect to 4G and even data will show connected BUT You will not get 4G.

To get 4G you need to activate any 4G data plan separately - only then it will start. Till then enjoy 3G.

Its really weird as Rcom is treating 3G and 4G as separate packs, where I am using Vodafone 3G/4G pack with any network mode - means either 2G/Edge/3G/H+/4G/LTE with the same 3G/4G data pack.:wub:

But in case of Rcom I am able to use 3G/H+ and not 4G/LTE data in my prepaid phone.:huh:

Further it is really funny as I can use 4G data in my Data card (Using in my handset) with 4G balance, but if I switch to 3G/H+ my core balance starts getting deducted instead of 4G data balance.:unexp:

Come on Reliance GROW UP !

I see....
Thanks for detailed explanation

We are all eagerly waiting for the Jio launch to port out to them. I would like to ask whether Jio will entertain port-ins from customers ditching RCOM? Won't they have a no-poaching agreement in place between them? TRAI and customer's choice be damned! If there is such a pact between RCOM and Jio, isn't it better better to do RCOM>other operator (wait 90 days)>Jio?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arunc1 said:

We are all eagerly waiting for the Jio launch to port out to them. I would like to ask whether Jio will entertain port-ins from customers ditching RCOM? Won't they have a no-poaching agreement in place between them? TRAI and customer's choice be damned! If there is such a pact between RCOM and Jio, isn't it better better to do RCOM>other operator (wait 90 days)>Jio?

They can't have any such agreement since TRAI will not allow.

But yes ! if you are planning to switch then immediately you should port out to any other operator then you can switch to Jio after 90 days (i.e. by 15th November) - But if you continue with Reliance then you cannot port out after 16th August and lock in period would be till 30th November.:ph34r:

• Like 3

They can't have any such agreement since TRAI will not allow.

But yes ! if you are planning to switch then immediately you should port out to any other operator then you can switch to Jio after 90 days (i.e. by 15th November) - But if you continue with Reliance then you cannot port out after 16th August and lock in period would be till 30th November.

100% correct

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

RCom 4G LTE postpaid voice and data plans (smart plans) updated now. Not appealing though !!

Smart 249 has no free talk time or SMS, only 1 GB 4G data free..
Smart 449 also has no free talk time or SMS, only 2 GB 4G data free..

More reasons to port out !!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, praveenwarrier said:

RCom 4G LTE postpaid voice and data plans (smart plans) updated now. Not appealing though !!

Smart 249 has no free talk time or SMS, only 1 GB 4G data free..
Smart 449 also has no free talk time or SMS, only 2 GB 4G data free..

More reasons to port out !!

Completely useless plans. Reason to either port out or switch to prepaid.

Have already ported my two postpaid numbers. Exhausted with Reliance

• Like 3

In KARNATAKA Rcom 4G network started 10 day's back, still still we can't connect it...
It's 2g network coverage is pathetic....
From last 15 day's i am trying to get my UPC... no of times i have contacted cc no use....
Is there any other way to get port code...
I am a postpaid user...

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, commonman said:

Completely useless plans. Reason to either port out or switch to prepaid.

So It Looks like RIMs promise of premium 4G is true. They are planning to provide better coverage 4G at premium prices ?

So Rcom Going for the High Cost High Quality Customer whereas Jio going for us regular Users ?

Very Odd Considering that all Rcom Users are there basically for both the superior quality as well the acceptable data for handset and Similary Aircel has had a reputation for providing Service for reasonable Cost. Where as the Merged Entity would entirely shift base losing all its current customers in order to gain niche customers. Almost like they are going to push all their customers to other network and starting from a clean slate. Not good strategy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dskumar said:

They are planning to provide better coverage 4G at premium prices ?

Don't say that they are going to provide better coverage ^_^. Last week I was at Bangalore International Airport and I was very much surprised to find out that Reliance has NO coverage at an international airport.

• Like 1

Reliance website RE-VAMPED !!

Colours have changed - though colourful, Yellow is more prominent.

Changing colours will not change things for Reliance - They should consider changing Plans & Pricing.:huh:

Edited by LTE4G

Have already ported my two postpaid numbers. Exhausted with Reliance

Which circle?

Sent from my E5363 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LTE4G said:

Changing colours will not change things for Reliance - They should consider changing Plans & Pricing.:huh:

On reliance website, I can still see same red underwear hanging on the wire for drying.

http://www.rcom.co.in

As if the company is owned by some "Sunder Lal Chadha". :D

Edited by mgdelhi
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

They seems to have been inspired by "Yellow Journalism".............. the art of telling lies. 

• Like 2