Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

2 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

The 4G section has been re vamped.
http://goo.gl/RfW1fj

Thanx for specifying !

1 hour ago, commonman said:

They seems to have been inspired by "Yellow Journalism".............. the art of telling lies. 

GREAT !! Well said.

Edited by LTE4G

I got 9GB 2G data.data working on 2g and 3g mode .how to use /convert this data in 4g mode ?.any possibility ?

22 hours ago, nibin said:

Don't say that they are going to provide better coverage ^_^. Last week I was at Bangalore International Airport and I was very much surprised to find out that Reliance has NO coverage at an international airport.

You must be More Surprised if you get Coverage :lol:

My Quote was what Reliance Claims . But when I use in Chennai, their service is so horrible I cannot even use it as a secondary connection. I really pity those who are still hanging in there and even more so those who are using Reliance GSM. Really they must be living in pre-historic times as far as mobile technology is concerned. Anytime you get a call you need to run to near a window to make sure that you get signal or go and stand in the road.

21 hours ago, drabhayshah76 said:

Which circle?

Sent from my E5363 using Tapatalk

Mumbai Circle

On 8/1/2016 at 3:05 PM, nibin said:

Last week I was at Bangalore International Airport and I was very much surprised to find out that Reliance has NO coverage at an international airport.

That is bad

Airtel, Idea and Voda have good coverage at Bangalore International airport.

7 hours ago, ramtech said:

I got 9GB 2G data.data working on 2g and 3g mode .how to use /convert this data in 4g mode ?.any possibility ?

You can't.:angry:

4G will only be available if you recharge with any of the 4G PACK.;)

4 hours ago, alugobi said:

That is bad

Seems they are cautious about their reputation internationally too.

5 hours ago, alugobi said:

That is bad

Ya.. I searched network manually and saw all networks except Reliance. Since I was on roaming, I thought it might allow registering on other networks like aircel or tat docomo. But none of the networks allowed me to register with their network. I don't understand why they want to exist for name sake.

Ya.. I searched network manually and saw all networks except Reliance. Since I was on roaming, I thought it might allow registering on other networks like aircel or tat docomo. But none of the networks allowed me to register with their network. I don't understand why they want to exist for name sake.

In KARNATAKA rcom GSM is also connect with Docomo network...

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

You can't.:angry:

4G will only be available if you recharge with any of the 4G PACK.;)

If I recharge with 4G pack, can I use the existing 9GB data also on 4g network ?

8 hours ago, nibin said:

Keep the Preferred Network type to 2G only, Manually search for available Networks. it should register with Aircel / Tata Docomo. if not, repeat Manual-search and it will register.

I understand that, RCom Roaming-partners in Bangalore (Karnataka) allows only 2G connection [Voice/SMS only], No 3G/4G!

best wishes

8 hours ago, ramtech said:

If I recharge with 4G pack, can I use the existing 9GB data also on 4g network ?

No. (Because Reliance is treating 3G data and 4G data as separate pools - means if you connect in 3G/H+ mode the balance will be deducted from 3G pool whereas if you connect in 4G/LTE mode the balance will be deducted from 4G pool, reason why you are not being able to use 4G though it is showing connected)

N.B. Vodafone treats 3G/4G data as common so you can use in either mode.

Reliance might remove this restriction once 4G is commercially launched for its 3G GSM customers (seems they are trying to keep away the GSM 3G users from using 4G at the moment and we are also suffering)

No. (Because Reliance is treating 3G data and 4G data as separate pools - means if you connect in 3G/H+ mode the balance will be deducted from 3G pool whereas if you connect in 4G/LTE mode the balance will be deducted from 4G pool, reason why you are not being able to use 4G though it is showing connected)

N.B. Vodafone treats 3G/4G data as common so you can use in either mode.

Reliance might remove this restriction once 4G is commercially launched for its 3G GSM customers (seems they are trying to keep away the GSM 3G users from using 4G at the moment and we are also suffering)

Airtel is also following the rcom footstep. Cant use 4G Data for 2G.

3 hours ago, Cookie said:

Airtel is also following the rcom footstep. Cant use 4G Data for 2G.

So at present Vodafone seems the better choice for 3G/4G as their network is also good.:ph34r:

I am facing a strange issue post migration unable to call toll free numbers from mobile anybody else facing it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Deepak Shankar said:

I am facing a strange issue post migration unable to call toll free numbers from mobile anybody else facing it?

This had happened before also and is a temporary phase - will get fixed in a few days.

This had happened before also and is a temporary phase - will get fixed in a few days.

First and foremost let them give proper network rest will follow suit automatically

Received a call today afternoon 

"Sir you have upgraded to 4G and you are also using smartphone but you have used very little data, is there any problem you are facing"

Told the fellow that I dont even get any network inside house. he noted my address and said that the complaint would be sent to their network team. 

As people are porting out and not recharging any 4G Pack - Reliance woke up and started calling its users. I have been receiving frequent calls too.:D

Is there any help on forum on getting Jio SIM ?

I checked internet and found that now Jio is giving new SIMs for Samsung too. There are many blogs/sites they published the tricks to get it worked on other android mobiles too. But procuring SIM without having Samsung mobile bill is challenging.

I think we also need a category on this forum to discuss about the Jio mobile.

6 hours ago, MOBILE FAN said:

Is there any help on forum on getting Jio SIM ?

I checked internet and found that now Jio is giving new SIMs for Samsung too. There are many blogs/sites they published the tricks to get it worked on other android mobiles too. But procuring SIM without having Samsung mobile bill is challenging.

I think we also need a category on this forum to discuss about the Jio mobile.

Samsung Mobile Bill is not required to get Jio Sim.

Edited by drabhayshah76
Spelling Mistake

Kerala incoming and outgoing call sms data barred, please guide how to upgrade CDMA to 4g sim.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Now if we go to the 4G page at rcom.co.in we can see all the 21 circles listed in the selection box.

Anyway nothing really interesting to see there but probably that hints at 4g launch at all circles immediately. maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, nibin said:

Now if we go to the 4G page at rcom.co.in we can see all the 21 circles listed in the selection box.

Anyway nothing really interesting to see there but probably that hints at 4g launch at all circles immediately. maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow?

Ref: http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/4G/ [Karnataka Circle]:

For Prepaid & Postpaid Data, Only  "*Note: Charges after Plan benifits is 0.5P / 10KB" appears.  However, for Prepaid & Postpaid Voice - Plans are listed. 

Typical RCom inefficiency!

1 hour ago, nibin said:

Yes.. All circles, except J&K circle... Why left out just one circle????