Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

2 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

After CDMA to 4G migration Post-Paid 

Can a user switch to RGSM Postpaid Plans?

You need to port out from Reliance 4G to RGSM (3G) immediately - that too before 16th August 2016. After 16th you will not be able to port out for 90 days.

Once you port to RGSM, you can choose either Postpaid or Prepaid as per your choice.

RGSM plans are still far better than Reliance 4G plans.;)

I am unable to generate port code sent sms to 1900 twice no code came rcom cc not working Twitter request not honoured store guy refuses keeps asking me to wait it will improve kindly help in getting a port code

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

I am unable to generate port code sent sms to 1900 twice no code came rcom cc not working Twitter request not honoured store guy refuses keeps asking me to wait it will improve kindly help in getting a port code

send a mail to nodal officer with copy to appellate authority.

Complaint on pg portal...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Complaint on pg portal...

Kanaga bro sent a mail to appellate authority even if they sleep over it then pg portal

On 8/9/2016 at 5:28 PM, nitink said:

no

I feel so stupid right now. I actually paid 1800 bucks for that crappy device.

Kanaga bro sent a mail to appellate authority even if they sleep over it then pg portal

Sir ji, time is running out. You can not port out from rcom after 15th August for 90 days, as per their old public statement. All they will Try to do is, just to make you run around in circles for few more days and enjoy su(king your money for 90 more days.

That's why I asked you to skip those steps and compliant on pg portal.

On 10/08/2016 at 2:28 AM, LTE4G said:

You need to port out from Reliance 4G to RGSM (3G) immediately - that too before 16th August 2016. After 16th you will not be able to port out for 90 days.

Once you port to RGSM, you can choose either Postpaid or Prepaid as per your choice.

RGSM plans are still far better than Reliance 4G plans.;)

Had a word with CC over the Chat

they do have plans which are not shown on the RCOM Website. I was offered some 599 and 899 monthly plan, having 2g/3g data benefits. no 4G

1 minute ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

Had a word with CC over the Chat

they do have plans which are not shown on the RCOM Website. I was offered some 599 and 899 monthly plan, having 2g/3g data benefits. no 4G

Plz tell 599 899 plan details 

Plz tell 599 899 plan details 

Which circle

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

In Karnataka they have launched 4G for only data card ....
When they're latching our mobile to 4g

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

With 4g network, i find that when the signal is only three bars, I am not getting SMSes. When the signal goes up, then the SMSes start coming. So now I go outside when I am waiting for an SMS from bank, etc.

Also when talking over the phone, I am able to hear but the other party does not hear my voice.

After getting fed up, I sent an SMS to port out and got the code within a few minutes.

4 hours ago, d_d said:

With 4g network, i find that when the signal is only three bars, I am not getting SMSes. When the signal goes up, then the SMSes start coming. So now I go outside when I am waiting for an SMS from bank, etc.

Also when talking over the phone, I am able to hear but the other party does not hear my voice.

After getting fed up, I sent an SMS to port out and got the code within a few minutes.

That's because the calls are still on RCOM's GSM network. Because RCOM's 4G LTE does not carry voice/ SMS.

that's why they need to start VoLTE ASAP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arun said:

VoLTE of Jio also seems to suffer from poor coverage based on what some users have reported. While 4G coverage is OK for urban areas, I don't think it is viable for .rural areas with low number of users. Wherever 4G network is not available, VoLTE will fail. They might be having fallback on RCom 3G network - but that is not exactly a fallback! VoLTE seems to require costly phones, so will it ever replace the 2G network?

For rural areas, CDMA was best, one could cover large areas with less number of towers. Very sorry to see it go. Oh, what do I do with all those CDMA phones, we had 4 in the family...:(

I think Jio is covering metro areas with all three bands where capacity stays with 2.3GHz, better indoor coverage with 1.8Ghz and 800Mhz. In suburbans they may skip 800Mhz initially and in rural zones 800mhz is their best bet.

For this reason they acquired 800Mgz in all 6 cat C circles.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

How to deactivate the atrocious 4G data packs of 1GB@300 (Delhi) and 1GB@250 (Kolkata) that has been forced on to postpaid connections as "upgrade"

4 hours ago, Arun said:

Yes ! they should upgrade to VoLTE to hold back CDMA users from porting out.

3 hours ago, d_d said:

VoLTE of Jio also seems to suffer from poor coverage based on what some users have reported. While 4G coverage is OK for urban areas, I don't think it is viable for .rural areas with low number of users. Wherever 4G network is not available, VoLTE will fail. They might be having fallback on RCom 3G network - but that is not exactly a fallback! VoLTE seems to require costly phones, so will it ever replace the 2G network?

For rural areas, CDMA was best, one could cover large areas with less number of towers. Very sorry to see it go. Oh, what do I do with all those CDMA phones, we had 4 in the family...:(

VoLTE does not suffer from poor coverage but suffer from CHOKED inter-connectivity - deliberately created by other networks such as Vodafone, Airtel and Idea to create a bad image of JIO. (They are already feeling insecure)

VoLTE is nothing but Voice Over LTE network - so if you get good LTE network, you will get good voice quality & connectivity too. But the inter connectivity between two operators depends upon the active channels between the two companies networks. So even if your call is routed to other network it depends on the receiver's network to either block it or connect further to the subscriber. It is true for vice versa also - so you hear "all lines in this route are busy". (Actually BLOCKED and busy for nothing).:ph34r: This happens with all new entrants in telecom when they launch.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, commonman said:

How to deactivate the atrocious 4G data packs of 1GB@300 (Delhi) and 1GB@250 (Kolkata) that has been forced on to postpaid connections as "upgrade"

Immediately convert to prepaid (you can later covert back to postpaid anytime). You will have to just pay on pro-rata basis for the few days you have availed the services while clearing off the postpaid dues (but this should be near to your billing cycle i.e. beginning or end)

Is it possible to convert to prepaid from a roaming location or do I need to be at the base location?

14 minutes ago, commonman said:

Is it possible to convert to prepaid from a roaming location or do I need to be at the base location?

AFAIK you should be at your base location - But you can visit Reliance web world and try to convince them (carry your ID & address proof too)

On 11/8/2016 at 10:52 AM, ngsonda said:

In Karnataka they have launched 4G for only data card ....
When they're latching our mobile to 4g

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Are you sure it is started for datacards. I also see 4G signal in my mobile but it is not latching to

12 hours ago, LTE4G said:

VoLTE is nothing but Voice Over LTE network - so if you get good LTE network, you will get good voice quality & connectivity too.

But that is exactly the problem, it will not be economic to provide LTE network in rural areas with low user density. That is why nobody else other than Jio is depending only on VoLTE. And that is why the Jio launch is ever delayed.

I had a call from a Reliance person requesting not to port out. She said that voice problems will be solved in one month! But she did not have an answer as to how.

Now Instacare and Rcom website selfcare link not work also CC chat ......:angry:

Seems Rcom sever is down.:angry: