Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

After a long detailed mail to appellate authority of  chor com and complaint at pgportal was successful in getting a port code yesterday with validity upto 1st September. In case someone wants to generate the code kindly do at the earliest. With zero sign of jio launch till December guess it would be better to move to AVoId for 3 months and come back to Jio.

• Like 2

Dear Vinay Habib...
I am also in same plan... From Karnataka only..
Cc executive told me your plan will be same... Till new 4G plans are rolled out & without customers permission we can't change current plan..

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I was also told same last month but now when my speed is set to 2g I logged a complaint with cc the support team called me back and told me that I need to get 4g plan now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Vinay Habib...
Cc executive told me your plan will be same... Till new 4G plans are rolled out & without customers permission we can't change current plan..

Do you still believe ChoRCom?

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Dear Vinay Habib...

With chor com anything is possible when I was forced to get the 4g sim while cdma was still active they changed plan to 2p/s and when questioned about the same I am shown a fine print which says in certain cases where there revenue is less to loot more plan will be changed. Promised 4g data giving 2g data which won't work on roaming as chor com has worst 2g coverage. Forget 4g they can't give you proper connectivity. My suggestion port out to a good network and move to jio once launched

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on postpaid plan ₹397 all are free.
Today Received below SMS,
"Dear Customer.your existing plan is being discontinued.You will now enjoy 2GB 4G Data.2000 All India Mins.1000 SMS @Rs.899 MRC w.e.f 21st Aug.T&C RCOM"

Sent from my F103 Pro using Tapatalk

• I am on Zero plan with 16999/- for 2 years.   (5 sims)  after conversion to 4g, i got message that, limit of data is 20gb.  I got issued legal notice to the company. But strangely they are not charging though it is more than 20gb consumption on one sim held by my son.  (other sims users are not heavy users)

48 minutes ago, drmadhu said:

"Dear Customer.your existing plan is being discontinued.You will now enjoy 2GB 4G Data.2000 All India Mins.1000 SMS @Rs.899 MRC w.e.f 21st Aug.T&C RCOM"

You need to explore other options including port out. 

You need to explore other options including port out. 

Most of us have to do the same, unfortunately. Personally i feel , prepaid plans for Rcom gsm are best. Who offers you 1gb data along with 300 minutes of calling for just 299 rupees. The answer is a big NO one.
However they don't have a service to match their pricing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Most of us have to do the same, unfortunately. Personally i feel , prepaid plans for Rcom gsm are best. Who offers you 1gb data along with 300 minutes of calling for just 299 rupees. The answer is a big NO one.
However they don't have a service to match their pricing.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Plan seems great but will it work hell no. I had constant signal fluctuations people often saying number unreachable what is the use of data when you know it won't work for sure. My decision to port out was helped admission of rcom that my area was listed under weak coverage area and they are looking for places for towers. You can imagine my plight so ported out at first instance possible

yesterday I got an SMS from reliance,

Your smart-phone supports 4g, why wait, get started with super fast data expe.. on reliance 4G. to know more call 222

but I am already in LTE_prepaid plan, and again i have activate 4G plan?

RCom has differentiated 3G/2G and 4G. 4G data packs do not wotk on 3G and 3G data packs do not work on 4G. In contrast, for Airtel and Vodafone the same pacl work for 4G, 3G and 2G.
Rcom wants you to activate 4G data pack and then keep data on. They know that most of the time only 3G/2G will work and they will be able to charge the data use against main balance. Request all not to activate any 4G data pack till Rcom removes this discrimination.

• Like 2

got a call from reliance. They say that my old fwp 8 digit can be activated again in GSM. Also they will give me a free FWP to use the same. 

I asked him to send me a email where this is notified by TRAI/Rcom. he took my email id and said he will send me the mail today. 

RCom has differentiated 3G/2G and 4G. 4G data packs do not wotk on 3G and 3G data packs do not work on 4G. In contrast, for Airtel and Vodafone the same pacl work for 4G, 3G and 2G.
Rcom wants you to activate 4G data pack and then keep data on. They know that most of the time only 3G/2G will work and they will be able to charge the data use against main balance. Request all not to activate any 4G data pack till Rcom removes this discrimination.

ChoRCom has gone nuts or may be way too greedy. Even the greedy AVoId group charges same for 3g as well as 4g data. But ChoRCom differentiates both. When using 4g data, once we get incoming call, the phone shifts to 3g and use main balance. When we select 4g only in network settings [possible in some phones like LYF], we will not get incoming calls, as no fallback 2g/3g network can be used, even if it's available.

But the worrying thing is, still many people believe them even now. I can understand when CDMA was available. But why even now, is beyond me?

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nitink said:

got a call from reliance. They say that my old fwp 8 digit can be activated again in GSM. Also they will give me a free FWP to use the same. 

I asked him to send me a email where this is notified by TRAI/Rcom. he took my email id and said he will send me the mail today. 

Yes. Its true. Here in Jamnagar they Active old FWP LL no. again in many No.s 15/20 days back.

This is stopping me to use Rcom 4G - I am using Vodafone 4G and RGSM 3G connection for data instead.

Poor chor com with so many ppl porting out and not doing recharges for their 4g services are sending out service messages like these6bf359d8ba912691985fa6447194999e.jpg

Super 4g that's the best comedy can't latch to 2g most times and when I dial my own number I hear customer not picking up when the phone is right next to me and never rings

I have finally confirmed rcom 4g network works in iPad air LTE model.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Got SMS on RGSM Number to change to 4G SIM. Visited Store, as per them its not latching to TATA Network (Same Circle Roaming).

For Voice they are asking to continue with old GSM SIM.

On roaming. My kolkata Rcom 4G SIM is not catching any network. Thid DIM is "patched" and at Kolkata it work with 4G data. At the same location, my Delhi RCom 4G is getting full network. This SIM is not "patched" and does not get any data 2G/3G/4G

1fcafcdaf463c90f5d4c388a68167710.jpg
Is reliance at its worst best trying to fleece all money you have in terms of data packs luckily I have nil balance and port out request already submitted. Beware of chorcom guys

• Like 1

Sent from my F103 Pro using Tapatalk

Have you upgraded to 4G GSM sim? And is this 397 an old/demo plan?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

is 4G started in bangalore?

2 hours ago, ssr said:

is 4G started in bangalore?

Long back. Not sure - if it's official or not!

--Removed---

Edited by ssr