Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

Do I have to activate any pack or plan?, I am already in LTE_postpaid plan

Kindly check with chorcom they have changed all plans and benefits else you maybe in for a shock when Bill is generated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rcom is going to support Volte or not ?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

^^ They have to... something big is going to be announced tomorrow by RCOM...maybe VoLTE or maybe Aircel merger

Does rcom have 4g licence I was of the opinion that they would share spectrum with jio. I thought the brothers had an agreement and using each other's network to help each other but as per this report rcom is becoming competitor for jio. I am confused

On 8/30/2016 at 0:27 AM, Arun said:

^^ They have to... something big is going to be announced tomorrow by RCOM...maybe VoLTE or maybe Aircel merger

?? is the news out

Just now, Arun said:

this is one of the most stupid offer

7MB per day. 

20 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Does rcom have 4g licence I was of the opinion that they would share spectrum with jio. I thought the brothers had an agreement and using each other's network to help each other but as per this report rcom is becoming competitor for jio. I am confused

They have converted to unified license by paying extra

Only the network infrastructure is being shared... everything else is on their own. Bharti and RIL also has telecom infrastructure sharing agreements in place; doesn't mean they will not be competitors as its only the infrastructure that is being shared.

33 minutes ago, Arun said:

They have converted to unified license by paying extra

Only the network infrastructure is being shared... everything else is on their own. Bharti and RIL also has telecom infrastructure sharing agreements in place; doesn't mean they will not be competitors as its only the infrastructure that is being shared.

All operators are competitors though some of them have sharing agreements. Just like interconnect charges they must be having some revenue exchanges while sharing infrastructure too.

Jio, finally, announced it's tariff : Rs,50 / GB.

b4f2fce5084dda09c83669449496202b.jpg

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They should have offered 50 per gb not as an effective rate of 50/gb for bigger data packs. Come January and we might see some more attractive packs even for small data packs.

With the plans they announced, they can't convert low volume data users into heavy data users. Those who use up to a couple of gb data will continue to stick with other 2g/3g providers.

If they don't offer attractive packs, many people will stop using it after the free trial is over in my view.

1 hour ago, uhm said:

They should have offered 50 per gb not as an effective rate of 50/gb for bigger data packs. Come January and we might see some more attractive packs even for small data packs.

With the plans they announced, they can't convert low volume data users into heavy data users. Those who use up to a couple of gb data will continue to stick with other 2g/3g providers.

If they don't offer attractive packs, many people will stop using it after the free trial is over in my view.

This are excellent plans.

Non data user will switch to 149 plans(unlimited voice). and eventually start using data

small data user 1GB or so will shell out bit extra and jump to 499 plan. with free data at night and unlimited voice(basically converting existing 200-400 ARPU customers of other operators to 499 ARPU for JIO 

Most customers will probably use 499 plans. which is above industry average

there is also a plan of 299 which is yet to be disclosed 

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

They might introduce ₹249 and ₹399 with 1GB + 2GB (JioNet Wifi) and 3GB + 6GB (JioNet Wifi) options.;) Expecting !!

2 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

This are excellent plans.

Non data user will switch to 149 plans(unlimited voice). and eventually start using data

small data user 1GB or so will shell out bit extra and jump to 499 plan. with free data at night and unlimited voice(basically converting existing 200-400 ARPU customers of other operators to 499 ARPU for JIO 

Most customers will probably use 499 plans. which is above industry average

there is also a plan of 299 which is yet to be disclosed 

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

They might introduce ₹249 and ₹399 with 1GB + 2GB (JioNet Wifi) and 3GB + 6GB (JioNet Wifi) options.;) Expecting !!

comment_596603_attachment_images_1.png

DO NOT worry about tariff plans till Dec2016.. These tariffs are for TRAI & competitors' eyes. More useful plans will come during the real commercial launch on 1-Jan-2017 or end of Dec2016 ;) ...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Got message from Reliance in Delhi that my advance rental plan will be discontinued from today and 1299 plan will be started instead and they are giving 3GB data only

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

^ sue them..

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

Got message from Reliance in Delhi that my advance rental plan will be discontinued from today and 1299 plan will be started instead and they are giving 3GB data only

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Port out to jio...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

22 hours ago, uhm said:

They should have offered 50 per gb not as an effective rate of 50/gb for bigger data packs.

Right.

If I remember correctly, in the SIM Pack it was written default data rate 0.05/MB. So after exhausting pack, will additional data be charged at that rate? Then it works out to about Rs.51/GB.

After seeing the Jio rates, we now know why stopping RCom CDMA and its great plans was so much necessary.

Jio is boon for people who already have active jio connection. The new customers are facing problem, jio is not getting active for days. In my case it's already 10 days. And each time I call reply is it's pending as too much overload.

Hope they smoothen activation process

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rs. 50 /GB is for WiFI Data only. 4G LTE dat awill be billed @ ₹250/ GB after your free usage allowance is over. This plan is another DAPO type plan. RCom CDMA plans were best ever.

Due to jio datagiri rcom website is down and so is there instacare app.

Big brother scared the younger brother.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1