Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

RCOM may not have more than 5 million customers rightnow considering the 4G disaster.

Hence Rcom ARPU has dropped and they cannot offer reduced price for 4G.

But if they continue like this they wil be further loosing their market share.

Hence Rcom ARPU has dropped and they cannot offer reduced price for 4G.

But if they continue like this they wil be further loosing their market share.

ARPU dropped becoz they promised a lot n delivered zero. All happy cdma customers were cheated and left wanting in the name of 4g upgrade. If they quote this as a reason for stupid 4g they are to blame not the customers. If they ensured a smooth transition for existing cdma customers they could have achieved a lot. But as usual greedy chorcom chose to look other way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

ARPU dropped becoz they promised a lot n delivered zero. All happy cdma customers were cheated and left wanting in the name of 4g upgrade. If they quote this as a reason for stupid 4g they are to blame not the customers. If they ensured a smooth transition for existing cdma customers they could have achieved a lot. But as usual greedy chorcom chose to look other way

You are right!

They did blunders - CDMA user never wanted to upgrade but were forced by Rcom so that Rcom could fulfill their share agreement with Jio.

Secondly after upgrade Rcom could have allowed 4G customers to recharge with 3G packs so that the customer could survive but they insisted us to recharge with over charged 4G packs.

Vodafone is giving me 1GB 4G/3G data for 28 days at ₹147 since months (through *121# offers regularly) and Rcom is stuck with ₹297 /1GB for 28 days (No offer in *129#). Even Rcom 3G customer gets good offers through *129# - I am using a Rcom 3G SIM too).

Only God know why they are heading towards a sucide mission?

You are right!

They did blunders - CDMA user never wanted to upgrade but were forced by Rcom so that Rcom could fulfill their share agreement with Jio.

Secondly after upgrade Rcom could have allowed 4G customers to recharge with 3G packs so that the customer could survive but they insisted us to recharge with over charged 4G packs.

Vodafone is giving me 1GB 4G/3G data for 28 days at ₹147 since months (through *121# offers regularly) and Rcom is stuck with ₹297 /1GB for 28 days (No offer in *129#). Even Rcom 3G customer gets good offers through *129# - I am using a Rcom 3G SIM too).

Only God know why they are heading towards a sucide mission?

RCom 4G upgrade mess is scripted, directed & delivered by Big Brother [RJio] as per insider info!

RCom 4G upgrade mess is scripted, directed & delivered by Big Brother [RJio] as per insider info!

Then why rcom not enabled Volte ?
Both telcos are sharing same network...

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Then why rcom not enabled Volte ?
Both telcos are sharing same network...

He said "upgrade mess".

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

God knows there might be an internal deal between Jio and Rcom to absorb or take over the 4G subscribers of later from 1st January 2017.

Edited by LTE4G

CC told me that I need be on 4G plan if I have 4G sim. 

If I need 3G plan, then I need to replace my 4G sim to a 3G sim. Is it true? or just stupid reliance CC??

It's strange how they are trying to shove 4G plans up our @$$.

Looking forward to migrate to other operator. Which one should I choose in Delhi Circle?

If I need 3G plan, then I need to replace my 4G sim to a 3G sim. Is it true? or just stupid reliance CC??

Looking forward to migrate to other operator. Which one should I choose in Delhi Circle?

It sounds quite a dumb reply rather than wasting money on chor com migrate to better operator

If at all, you need to change the SIM, change using MNP... Any operator is better than ChoRCom, as your money will be safe...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Switch to Jio - if not possible, then go and get new Jio SIM.

If at all, you need to change the SIM, change using MNP... Any operator is better than ChoRCom, as your money will be safe...

Actually I was on unlimited data plan. But I think they reset all old CDMA plans and made it to FUP plan.

After the data got exhausted, I could not connect to 3G. I can connect to 2G and 4G tho. 2G is useless, and 4G has been throttled unless I use a 4G pack. 

Anyway, now as there is no unlimited data, there is no point staying with Reliance anymore. Will switch to some other operator with minimal plan just to retain my number, and get a secondary sim of JIO for my data needs. Later when Jio service will commercially start, and war between telecom operators will end/settle probably in 2017, then I'll decide which operator will have my business.

Will BSNL's Unlimited 3G plan work on Roaming in Delhi?^^

Will BSNL's Unlimited 3G plan work on Roaming in Delhi?^^

Yes... But heard that MTNL sux in Delhi. Please check the MTNL 3G speed in your area and proceed..

Rcom has a new offer for its pre-paid GSM subscribers.

Under this offer, customers on recharge Rs 40 can get a full talk time plus 1GB data.The offer will be valid for 28 days.

source 

However news doesn't say whether this is 4G data or 2G data :D

For Mumbai customers they already giving 97 10 GB data. + few hundred minutes 

3G or 4G data ?

For Mumbai customers they already giving 97 10 GB data. + few hundred minutes 

4g data 10 GB 1gb 3g/2g and few hundred minutes. Screenshot_20160912-192856.png

I recharged twice and transaction was successful but did not get any benefit and the money was refunded after 5 days back to my bank. When inquired at 198 - they asked me to ignore this recharge as it is not valid.

Similarly ₹51 recharge is under DATA_COMBO which says 1GB for 15 days but gives roaming pack instead.

Lost some money trying different recharges.

Reason I said "Anil ki satak gai hai".

Edited by LTE4G

^^^^ Lol! Crazy! Hope you're from the same circle as the user, who posted originally..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You are right!

In today's time, it's wrong to wholly blame RCom for a 'forced conversion' when things like MNP were in place in voice category. As far as Data cards are concerned, I guess they continued the same plan while upgrading their postpaid CDMA Data card user base to 4G, as per their promise, correct?
And by now, users also know that only postpaid plans remain 'somewhat' constant whereas prepaid is subject to change every month.

Yes of course, even the 4G data card upgrade process was non-transparent & new postpaid plans were revealed only when the actual upgrade took place. So the smart ones migrated their old CDMA data card plans to something like 5GBDay5GBNight@599 just before upgrade, to enjoy the same plan after upgrade. Whereas, the non-suspecting users with low data plans & high 4G speed, started exhausting their data within 10-15 days & are now stuck only with expensive plans to upgrade..

In today's time, it's wrong to wholly blame RCom for a 'forced conversion'

Alas! still faith in Rcom.

As far as Data cards are concerned, I guess they continued the same plan while upgrading their postpaid CDMA Data card user base to 4G, as per their promise, correct?
And by now, users also know that only postpaid plans remain 'somewhat' constant whereas prepaid is subject to change every month.

Seems you are totally ignorant of what happened last few months. Read the forum posts and things will clear why everyone is frowning at Rcom.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

^^^^ Ok, so 'Forced conversion' was the correct description & not user ignorance/stupidity..
And no, I have no faith in ChoRCom. Just playing devil's advocate here

^^^^ Ok, so 'Forced conversion' was the correct description & not user ignorance/stupidity..

Who said 'forced conversion' - Read my post carefully "CDMA user never wanted to upgrade but were forced by Rcom".

And a CDMA handset user would have opted for MNP - to which CDMA Network ? Whose stupidity/ignorance user or Rcom?

Some users bought costly CDMA handsets and data cards just months before - Yes it was there stupidity as they were suppose to know that Rcom is going to give them a situation/blow where they will be left in dilemma.

Edited by LTE4G

^^^ I'm sorry, an optional upgrade doesn't become forced by any means & users could've exercised their right to migrate especially when nobody knew anything about the new ChorG-network.
But yes, CDMA users did feel that Reliance dumped them & it was a pretty messy upgrade.