Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

^^^ I'm sorry, an optional upgrade doesn't become forced by any means & users could've exercised their right to migrate especially when nobody knew anything about the new ChorG-network.
But yes, CDMA users did feel that Reliance dumped them & it was a pretty messy upgrade.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Please read my edited post.

^^^ I'm sorry, an optional upgrade doesn't become forced by any means & users could've exercised their right to migrate especially when nobody knew anything about the new ChorG-network.
But yes, CDMA users did feel that Reliance dumped them & it was a pretty messy upgrade.

Was it really optional ? what were the options - I have already mentioned in my previous edited post.

Who said 'forced conversion' - Read my post carefully "CDMA user never wanted to upgrade but were forced by Rcom".

And a CDMA handset user would have opted for MNP - to which CDMA Network ?

On one hand you say MNP wasn't an option cause the CDMA handset would've been rendered useless. So what better have we achieved by 'upgrading' to ChoRCom 4G? In which way are the CDMA smartphones at any advantage on ChoRCom 4G network?
One has to migrate to GSM, sooner or later.

On one hand you say MNP wasn't an option cause the CDMA handset would've been rendered useless. So what better have we achieved by 'upgrading' to ChoRCom 4G? In which way are the CDMA smartphones at any advantage on ChoRCom 4G network?
One has to migrate to GSM, sooner or later.

Reason Why I used "left in dilemma"

Who said 'forced conversion' - Read my post carefully "CDMA user never wanted to upgrade but were forced by Rcom".

And a CDMA handset user would have opted for MNP - to which CDMA Network ? Whose stupidity/ignorance user or Rcom?

Some users bought costly CDMA handsets and data cards just months before - Yes it was there stupidity as they were suppose to know that Rcom is going to give them a situation/blow where they will be left in dilemma.

Rcom was committed to CDMA users as the validity was till 20-07-2021 and Rcom very cleverly shut down CDMA services in the name of upgrade to 4G.

We can understand that 1x to EVDO or EVDO rev.A to EVDO rev.B can be concluded as an upgrade since it provides backward compatibility.

But an upgrade which is a complete change of technology - that too for existing more than 5 million subscribers ?

No body considered to compensate the equipment cost loss of the user by way of providing free service at least for a while, instead revoked the 10 GB promise as well. Really SAD!

Give a second thought to who is responsible for such harassment / suffering for so many......

Basically it was CDMA shut down exercised in disguise of 4G upgrade - some users struggled during the upgrade process while some ported out trying to retain their numbers and those who had CDMA only handsets were forced to buy new handsets whether they port out or stayed with Rcom 4G.

As per your opinion Rcom did not force anybody and it was user's stupidity/ignorance since they stayed with Rcom for so many years.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

^^^ Agree with all points except the last one.

Forget compensation for equipment, ChoRCom was blatantly offering unbeatable CDMA local/std MNP plans just months before announcing closure! Today one can easily understand their intention was to offload the balance stock lying with distributors, stores & Shop.RCom
No wonder, few months before closure, even the busiest of sellers were in hyperactive mode towards clearing balance stock.. Well tipped-off internally!

So the worst affected actually were, CDMA handset importers/resellers, RGE Sim blackmarketeers & few ppl like me, using UL Mifi Internet @ 600 bucks. So Basically, forum members were the worst hit.

Now Anil Bhai cannot see others making more money of his CDMA services, than his own company, can he? He had to do this..

Even my old plan was 397 all data and call unlimited in CDMA.
After upgrade I am got only given 2gb data and 2000min call
Also plan charge upgrade to ₹397 to ₹899

Sent from my F103 Pro using Tapatalk

^^^ Agree with all points except the last one.

Forget compensation for equipment, ChoRCom was blatantly offering unbeatable CDMA local/std MNP plans just months before announcing closure! Today one can easily understand their intention was to offload the balance stock lying with distributors, stores & Shop.RCom
No wonder, few months before closure, even the busiest of sellers were in hyperactive mode towards clearing balance stock.. Well tipped-off internally!

So the worst affected actually were, CDMA handset importers/resellers, RGE Sim blackmarketeers & few ppl like me, using UL Mifi Internet @ 600 bucks. So Basically, forum members were the worst hit.

Now Anil Bhai cannot see others making more money of his CDMA services, than his own company, can he? He had to do this..

OK! :D

Even my old plan was 397 all data and call unlimited in CDMA.
After upgrade I am got only given 2gb data and 2000min call
Also plan charge upgrade to ₹397 to ₹899

Some people survived the 4G upgrade Nightmare and some are still struggling to find a way out.

Give a second thought to who is responsible for such harassment / suffering for so many......

Was Chote Bhai only responsible? Doesn't he have any advisors? Just can't understand their logic to antagonize a loyal customer base. I had been with Chorcom from 2005! Bade Bhai is trying to woo new customers giving so much of freebies while Chote Bhai is doing his best to drive them away.

Is it the case of the emperor without clothes?

• Like 1

^^^^ Great news! This will help make ChoRcoms network go from 'Horrible' to just 'Bad'..

• Like 1

Rcom and Aircel to be merged, its official

It was foresighted. Will be renamed also.

Is it possible to unlock Reliance MiFi ZTE WD670 to use with JIO sim...
Because of rcom worst data plan my friend has cancelled his connection & now he want to use with Jio sim....

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to unlock Reliance MiFi ZTE WD670 to use with JIO sim...
Because of rcom worst data plan my friend has cancelled his connection & now he want to use with Jio sim....

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Not possible till now. Only possible way is selling [dumping] it on olx, but there are too many ChoRCom wipods for sale in olx already...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Not possible till now. Only possible way is selling [dumping] it on olx, but there are too many ChoRCom wipods for sale in olx already...

Who will buy Rcom Wipod (locked) when RJio JioFi is available at ₹1999.00 with JWO free till 31st December 2016.:D

Who will buy Rcom Wipod (locked) when RJio JioFi is available at ₹1999.00 with JWO free till 31st December 2016.:D

In Kerala, Idea is offering a similar 4G Wipod for Rs 1800/-, with 6 GB free data per month for three months. With competition hotting up, we can see many more such offers!

But it may be better to buy an unlocked device. But maybe phone is better, since if 4G is not available, it can switch to 3G + or -, but not sure this is possible with device.

In Kerala, Idea is offering a similar 4G Wipod for Rs 1800/-, with 6 GB free data per month for three months. With competition hotting up, we can see many more such offers!

But it may be better to buy an unlocked device. But maybe phone is better, since if 4G is not available, it can switch to 3G + or -, but not sure this is possible with device.

The idea device is similar to one sold by Airtel and others. I heard it can be unlocked and used with Jio.

• Like 1

Chorcom wants customers for their ****ty services! Seen at a shop yesterday:

Reliance MNP offers.jpg

Received a call from Reliance Customer Care on Saturday regarding Upgrade from Reliance Gsm 2g to 4g Services, they said my Plan benifits would not change and would Continue as it is in 4g.
I am in Jalsa998 plan.

Kindly Suggest what to do as Confused my plan would change if I activate the 4g sim which they are sending through Courier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Plans will change 100% guaranteed. Whatever chorcom promises now.

Kindly Suggest what to do as Confused my plan would change if I activate the 4g sim which they are sending through Courier.

As far as I know, they have disturbed only datacard plans. But if you are happy with the 2G services and not interested in 4G speed data, why upgrade?

As far as I know, they have disturbed only datacard plans. But if you are happy with the 2G services and not interested in 4G speed data, why upgrade?

Even postpaid unlimited/high data plans have been changed for CDMA to 4G upgraded SIMs

That's true for CDMA but any idea about Gsm

Guys you were Right, I received the 4G Sim through Courier and I need to Dial 1299 then Insert SIM number... But need to select either of the 4 plans to activate the new 4g Sim.

My Existing plan Jalsa998 wherein I get 50% off would be changed.

Pathetic Customer Care and Absolutely wrong information by Rsgm team.

I upgraded one of my RCOM GSM SIM to 4G. The new SIM got activated in about 20 minutes. I recharged with 4G Data Combo voucher of Rs.299. 

I get the 4G Signal on top however there is no Data transfer happening.

APN is rcomnet. Called customer service. As per them everything looks good at their end and it might be handset issue. I'm using Lenovo A7000. 

Any solution?

I upgraded one of my RCOM GSM SIM to 4G. The new SIM got activated in about 20 minutes. I recharged with 4G Data Combo voucher of Rs.299. 
I get the 4G Signal on top however there is no Data transfer happening.
APN is rcomnet. Called customer service. As per them everything looks good at their end and it might be handset issue. I'm using Lenovo A7000. 
Any solution?

Lenovo A7000 doesn't support rcom's own band 5 [850MHz] 4g LTE spectrum. The signal you are connected to may be band 3 or 40 of rjio and so no data for avoiding roaming charges. Or your sim may need patching, if even 2g or 3g data is also not working...

• Like 1