Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

7 hours ago, srk006 said:

I upgraded one of my RCOM GSM SIM to 4G. The new SIM got activated in about 20 minutes. I recharged with 4G Data Combo voucher of Rs.299. 

I get the 4G Signal on top however there is no Data transfer happening.

APN is rcomnet. Called customer service. As per them everything looks good at their end and it might be handset issue. I'm using Lenovo A7000. 

Any solution?

Send sms START to 1925.

Out of my 2 RCom Delhi 4GLTE SIM, both presently on roaming in Kolkata, one has gone offline since today morning. Its in Lyf phone as second SIM with Jio set as the first SIM. This RCom SIM is from 4/16 series and not patched so data does not work on it. Even on manual search, no Reliance network is shown and Aircel 2G Network is shown as forbidden. This one is a postpaid SIM

Strangely, the other RCom 4GLTE SIM (prepaid, patched and put as first SIM in J7) is working, though connecting only in H+ mode. 

Don't know what is happening. 

Edit: It started working again after 10 PM

Edited by commonman

11 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Lenovo A7000 doesn't support rcom's own band 5 [850MHz] 4g LTE spectrum. The signal you are connected to may be band 3 or 40 of rjio and so no data for avoiding roaming charges. Or your sim may need patching, if even 2g or 3g data is also not working...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

You are right...

RCOM 4G SIM is working with data in Lyf Handset. 

I was of the impression that if the phone supports 800MHz, it would also be supporting 850MHz. But it doesn't seem the case.

Edited by srk006

My 4g Sim got activated Automatically after I received an SMS stating that the 4g Sim would be get Activated within 48 hours.
Also good news is that my Plan also remains as it was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, srk006 said:

You are right...

I was of the impression that if the phone supports 800MHz, it would also be supporting 850MHz. But it doesn't seem the case.

If it is working in LYF it should work in Lenovo too.

After recharging with ₹299.00 it takes some time for the data to get activated, so now if it is working in LYF handset it should work in Lenovo as well. Rcom data is valid for all over India so no question of roaming or not roaming.

Rcom 4G works on band 3/5/40 so if your phone doesn't have band 5 it should still work on Band 3/40.

On 9/22/2016 at 6:22 PM, RiteshDharod said:

Guys you were Right, I received the 4G Sim through Courier and I need to Dial 1299 then Insert SIM number... But need to select either of the 4 plans to activate the new 4g Sim.

My Existing plan Jalsa998 wherein I get 50% off would be changed.

Pathetic Customer Care and Absolutely wrong information by Rsgm team.

I got call from Reliance for 4G SIM but was communicated that Plan and everything else will remain same. I am on SplZero Rental. 

Will it change my Voice Plan?? 

Is selecting some 4G plan mandatory for changing to 4G SIM?

Edited by Saurav

13 hours ago, srk006 said:

You are right...

That 800MHz is band 20 and is no way related to Band 5 [850MHz]. Band 20 is mainly used in European countries, especially in rural areas. This band is a must for roaming in European countries. Other than that Band 20 is useless for us.

I got call from Reliance for 4G SIM but was communicated that Plan and everything else will remain same. I am on SplZero Rental. 
Will it change my Voice Plan?? 
Is selecting some 4G plan mandatory for changing to 4G SIM?

No.. Don't do or Activate any plan.. Wait for Sms regarding Activation.

Ref. RCom 4G Prepaid, Karnataka Circle [CDMA to 4G upgradation]

Strange observation:

RCom 4G LTE SIM when in InFocus M2 4G Handset, Prepaid balance is Rs.24.64/- but becomes Rs.0/- when inserted in Lyf Flame2 4G VoLTE Handset. However, the balance reverts to Rs.24.64/- when the SIM is again inserted in InFocus handset!

Note: for Balance Query USSD code used - *367#

Facing severe network issues in so called RCOM 4G LTE sim. It doesn't catch network on roaming for hours while the old RGSM sim shows network. Requires several times phone reboot, manual network selection to make it work. The way RCOM handles things is laughable. They dug their own grave.

The article says that the update was

Update: The announcement was about the launch of its Internet of Things offering.

Read more at https://rtn.asia/t-t/24895/rcom-aircel-reveal-post-merger-plans-tomorrow#ILWs52ggUq7KuHXR.99

Rcom 4g supports Voice call or only data ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Technically it supports both voice and data but practically it may not at many places across the country
Look before you leap !!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ngsonda said:

Its support voice Call and Data but voice call its use 2g/3g network and 4g for Data.

If Voice call come its drop to 2g/3g.

Rcom not use Volte for voice call.

Is 4G sim available for rcom GSM customers also in Delhi NCR?

Yes! Now rcom gsm/3G users can also upgrade to 4G Sim. Once upgraded to 4G you will not be able to use 3G recharge tariff anymore and will only have to recharge with 4G tariff. 

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1