Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ti_user

TATA CDMA Shutting Down?

Today I went to local Tata store to port one of my RCDMA numbers to TI. Store person was willing to accept request, but said that July mid is their wind-up date. Confirmed same from multiple stores in Mumbai. Can anyone confirm this?

Heard that Tata also has applied for liberalisation of its CDMA spectrum in two circles and trai is about to accept it. Those two circles are most probably Delhi and Mumbai, but not 100% sure.

Apart from Tata and Rcom, Airtel and Vodafone also asked for liberalisation of 1800MHz spectrum in one circle each. No idea about which circle, they have applied though..

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I wonder why Tata needs LTE. They don't even have enough spectrum, right? Plus, their EV revB works great in Mumbai and Delhi.

They are trying to sell them to some big operator, most probably Vodafone. This is evident from the fact that they have no GSM network in Delhi for voice fallback. Reg Mumbai, their 2.5MHz out of 6.25MHz is going to expire in 2018 itself.

Looks like. Will pay tata distributor a visit tomorrow to get a better idea.

Looks like. Will pay tata distributor a visit tomorrow to get a better idea.

Any update

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Didn't get the time. Will update in a day or two.

Tata does not many voice customers so they can easily ask them to migrate to GSM. And data users (=Photon+) can be given option to upgrade device for 4G data. But only problem is Tata does not have 5Mhz spectrum in most circles.

Will TATA CDMA shut their services in Gujrat CIrcle also??

will tata launch 4G in CDMA or in GSM?

any update from TATA CDMA??

Friends, today I received a call from Tata people that, TATA is going to shut down CDMA services in TN circle in coming days and going to use the spectrum for 3G (????) services.. Will update here, once I get more infos.. But I am NOT 100% sure about the fact in their claims..

Anybody who is using TN Postpaid CDMA (voice) connections in TATA got such news?? Please share here..

Confirmed with distributor and CC, 30th June is last date for CDMA in MUM, AP and UPE.

Already many sites have been shut down in Mumbai, many places have very poor CDMA signal. Tata CDMA was the best network in Mumbai earlier. GSM is pretty good within the city, but only 2G.

Edited by ti_user

TATA is a messed up company in telecom, did not launch 3G via ICRA and 2G network works pretty bad in outside of the cities. So people are moved out to 3G operators of their respective circles.

Just got an update.. Its NOT closing in TN abruptly in 15th May. But they were told to stop giving CDMA connections now and encourage the customers to move to GSM using INP. Looks like Tata is testing the waters in the above said 3 circles first and then continue to shut down in all other circles (incl TN) later.

This is just the beginning of END of Tata's CDMA journey.. I personally love them to be bought by BSNL (has 2.5MHz in almost all circles like Tata) and combine their both 2.5MHz to form 5MHz 4G spectrum per circle PAN India almost.. But it is NOT going to happen, as BSNL is busy digging their own grave...

• Like 1

End of an era.. Bought honor holly just a couple of months ago.. only for this CDMA thing.

End of an era.. Bought honor holly just a couple of months ago.. only for this CDMA thing.

Don't worry. It supports GSM & lte too, so it's not a bad purchase after all..

Just imagine the condition of people who bought pure CDMA phones few weeks back.

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Don't worry. It supports GSM & lte too, so it's not a bad purchase after all..

Just imagine the condition of people who bought pure CDMA phones few weeks back.

True

i went to docomo store in chennai to inquire about tata cdma connection...they said cdma is totally closed for new connections...

will tata launch 4G in CDMA or in GSM?

any update from TATA CDMA??

I think it's GSM

To finalize MNP process, went to circle office Tata Docomo today and clarified about it's CDMA closure. They have accepted my family's port applications from Reliance to Indicom. As you all have said, there are different policies for various circles.

@amit dr. Sir says for gujarat circle

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

To finalize MNP process, went to circle office Tata Docomo today and clarified about it's CDMA closure. They have accepted my family's port applications from Reliance to Indicom. As you all have said, there are different policies for various circles.

Yes Dr. Looks like Tata is closing CDMA for narrow band 3G to become pan India 3G operator and so they are initially planning to close CDMA in their non 3G circles like TN first.

Reliance CDMA has saved me in time of heaviest floods. That was the last day I used GSM as a secondary number. CDMA may close someday but I am sure Tata Tele will inform us of any change in service or termination. I will be happy to be the last CDMA customer in India. Till then no GSM 4G.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

At a very remote location currently. Rcdma 1x is what is keeping me connected. Not even bsnl is available here. b0f8cfe94dd799b1c575d843ef9b5326.jpgWhile I am sad that rcdma is shutting down, it was excellent while it lasted.

Edited by ti_user
  • Like 2