Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ti_user

TATA CDMA Shutting Down?

There is no news of TATA CDMA winding down...

Let they inform us over texts/calls. Till then enjoy the CDMA of TTSL!!

It is pretty much confirmed in the three circles I've mentioned.

Guys, my friend has TATA CDMA (Hyderabad, Telangana). Yesterday he got call from TATA that he needs to port to TATA GSM because CDMA services will no longer be available.  Yes, it is the death of CDMA in India. 

Guys, my friend has TATA CDMA (Hyderabad, Telangana). Yesterday he got call from TATA that he needs to port to TATA GSM because CDMA services will no longer be available.  Yes, it is the death of CDMA in India. 

2012 repeating hehehe

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Tata CDMA is working fine in Kolkata. 

2016-05-20_185006.jpg

In Pune I did not received any call or SMS about switching CDMA to GSM from Tata. Network is properly working. I have RCDMA and thinking to port into Tata CDMA.

Tata CDMA won't shut in MH so soon. It has the largest coverage there.

There are some circle outlets which do not give new prepaid/postpaid/MNP sim cards. If the Docomo store issues sim cards means service is going to continue in that respective circle. There are more than 800 new ports into Tata Docomo CDMA Gujarat per day. A variety of sim cards available to suit various US phones.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

Tata CDMA closing is discussed only in circles like TN, AP, Mumbai, WB, Bihar, etc circles, where they don't have 3G license. Not in circles like MP, Mah, Guj, etc , where they already have 3G license. May be the rumor that they are going to launch narrow band 3G on 2.5MHz of band 5 [850MHz] CDMA spectrum is true.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i inquired in thane store. First they said they are closing cdma soon, but no date. but they are ready to accept port out too. i may soon port to tata indicom.

What will happen if MH circle tata CDMA user goes to Mumbai & there is CDMA network of either tata or Rcom ??? So I guess tata will shut their CDMA network simultaneously in Mumbai & MH

Not closing enquired in cc number 12524

They said not shutting Cdma in haste...

Plz be assured ample time will be given

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

i am not getting signals in tata indicom's cdma sim of delhi circle in lucknow (UP-E). is there any way to check ?

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

i am not getting signals in tata indicom's cdma sim of delhi circle in lucknow (UP-E). is there any way to check ?

Either come to Delhi put send that sim to me. I'll check it for you.

• Like 1

@aalok

Which area in Lucknow? I'll get it checked for you.

• Like 1

@aalok

Which area in Lucknow? I'll get it checked for you.

Thanks.. my location is Indira Nagar (Lucknow) - 226016

Either come to Delhi put send that sim to me. I'll check it for you.

will ping you tomorrow sir..

@aalok

Unfortunately all CDMA BTS have been shut in your area, as per feedback I've received. At some places in Lucknow CDMA signal can still be found. But, by and large, the network in UPE is in the process of being closed down.

• Like 1

@aalok

Unfortunately all CDMA BTS have been shut in your area, as per feedback I've received. At some places in Lucknow CDMA signal can still be found. But, by and large, the network in UPE is in the process of being closed down.

thanks.. have already thrown the TI sim in dustbin..

• Like 1

I'm using CMO 299 Plan with 1000 local & STD minutes & 200 MB data free. I have addons, on one connection, Rs. 43 for 2 GB & other connection, Rs 98 for 5 GB data. I also have T-T free calling for Rs 100 per month.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

From what I have known, Tata is first closing CDMA in circles where it has no 3G license. Others may be in a later stage.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Very true. Tata 2G is pretty good in Mumbai, 3G with CDMA like coverage will be a welcome addition.

Tata is closing down towers where there is low utilisation. I have been using two CDMA postpaid connections since 2008. Since 29th July, both phones went dead. After repeated calls to customer care with no response, I escalated matter to ROM Appellate. Two days back, I received a phone call from 01206718140 stating that CDMA service has been shut down. When I stated that CDMA has not been shut down & I get full network coverage when I travel 12 km in any direction, he admitted that particular tower has been shut down due to low utilisation.

Edited by drshreenivaas