Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ti_user

TATA CDMA Shutting Down?

On 10/8/2016 at 1:48 PM, Anand Mehta said:

TATA cdma restarted in mumbai now they r giving new cdma sims in mumbai circles

I Visited many Tata Docomo stores for new CDMA sim they are not giving new sims instead saying buy gsm sim

can u help me particularly which store in mumbai gives CDMA sim

I had seen fliers around Chennai saying tata DoCoMo 3g soon. Now they are selling 3g Sims. Dunno if this is 850mhz 3g or simply sharing with someone else their 2100mhz 3g

7 minutes ago, gpkumaran said:

I had seen fliers around Chennai saying tata DoCoMo 3g soon. Now they are selling 3g Sims. Dunno if this is 850mhz 3g or simply sharing with someone else their 2100mhz 3g

They are sharing the 3G network of Vodafone... Even though the 3G coverage of vodafone is less than that of Airtel, it is much better than the 2G coverage of TataGSM, imho..

Any idea if we will atleast get 3g in Mumbai? Or we shall be stuck here in 2g forever. From what I gather , tata isn't interested investing in infrastructure here in Mumbai anymore .

Sent from my GT-I9500

Seems like they will also upgrade CDMA to 4G. So it will be 2G or 4G on their GSM Docomo. It is just my speculation if they go for 4G license in Mumbai because their evdo Photon is quite popular here.

2 hours ago, anky said:

Any idea if we will atleast get 3g in Mumbai? Or we shall be stuck here in 2g forever. From what I gather , tata isn't interested investing in infrastructure here in Mumbai anymore .

Sent from my GT-I9500

Please do not try to mislead us.. Tata isn't interested to invest in infrastructure FROM DAY ONE, IN ALL CIRCLES.. They do NOT show partiality to any circle, in real... When thinking about Tata's telecom venture, this picture comes to my mind..

tata.gif

--------------

When thinking about BSNL, the following image comes to my mind...

It-doesnt-matter-how-many-resources_o_106503.jpg

==

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

Apologies if I offended anyone here . Been a loyal tata docomo customer in Mumbai from CDMA days . Have 2 CDMA numbers and ported 2 to tata GSM due to lack of new handsets available legally in India . I use 2g on GSM on my 2 docomo GSM connections forever waiting for 3g to come to Mumbai , whereas my 2 CDMA phones are on dumb Samsung non feature phones for calling only . Correction .. I have 3 do como GSM numbers not 2 as previously mentioned by me .

Sent from my SM-G900H

Oh, come on @anky I was just making fun of Tata's apathy services and not you.. Didn't you find the sarcasm (about Tata services only) in my words, when I replied you?

Tata Docomo CDMA adding more postpaid and prepaid plans. If a subscriber exhausts Rs 94 addon pack of 5GB per month, he can call 121 and activate another supplementary EvDo data pack eg 256 for 4GB on top of the Rs 94 recharge.23ca720147a64fd0c3afd0d13dd7300e.jpg

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

But they r not giving new CDMA sim Mumbai & not accepting portin request