Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

29 minutes ago, commonman said:

meaning commercial launch will not happen for 6 months....................

Yes

[1] Jio already has lost first mover advantage in 4G space...

[2] The advantage of being a pure 4G operator is having 4G coverage even in villages.. But in one such village, Airtel already has 3G and its 3G speed (with many users) is much greater than 4G speed of Jio's network used EXCLUSIVELY by me (I am sure as no shopkeepers got 4G test SIM in that village).. So NO advantages for Jio in rural areas...

[3] In urban and metro areas, where data usage and users will be heavy, Airtel and others have already launched 4G.. So NO advantages for Jio in urban areas as well..

[4] By allowing RCom users to use Jio 4G network (by n/w sharing deal), RJio already lost huge numbers of potential customers before launch..

[5] I heard (from here in Rimweb) that even though some phones have native support for VoLTE, they can't be used in RJio network, unless RJio makes changes in their server.. Eg:- Moto X Play and Moto X Style (but Moto G3 works).. So people are either forced to use cr@ppy LYF handset or pray for RJio to add support for their phones.. GOD only knows about the usage of our foreign handsets with Band 5 / Band 26 {850MHz} support.. So RJio has handset DISADVANTAGE right from the beginning..

[6] Already we people are enjoying Unlimited 4G on Jio for many months, then comes the people with invite.. Now RCom DATA customers are also going to use RJio 4G network... For all the stress on their 4G Network, Jio is earning ZERO paise...

I wonder what MDA is planning???

• Like 1

Time to say Jio cya Airtel idea voda will make bases stronger by the time so called commercial launch. As I said in my previous post reliance is just trying to sell the huge loads of lyf mobiles it has procured in this fashion. So unless we get good worthy lyf models or standalone sim Jio launch won't happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

[1] Jio already has lost first mover advantage in 4G space...

[2] The advantage of being a pure 4G operator is having 4G coverage even in villages.. But in one such village, Airtel already has 3G and its 3G speed (with many users) is much greater than 4G speed of Jio's network used EXCLUSIVELY by me (I am sure as no shopkeepers got 4G test SIM in that village).. So NO advantages for Jio in rural areas...

[3] In urban and metro areas, where data usage and users will be heavy, Airtel and others have already launched 4G.. So NO advantages for Jio in urban areas as well..

[4] By allowing RCom users to use Jio 4G network (by n/w sharing deal), RJio already lost huge numbers of potential customers before launch..

[5] I heard (from here in Rimweb) that even though some phones have native support for VoLTE, they can't be used in RJio network, unless RJio makes changes in their server.. Eg:- Moto X Play and Moto X Style (but Moto G3 works).. So people are either forced to use cr@ppy LYF handset or pray for RJio to add support for their phones.. GOD only knows about the usage of our foreign handsets with Band 5 / Band 26 {850MHz} support.. So RJio has handset DISADVANTAGE right from the beginning..

[6] Already we people are enjoying Unlimited 4G on Jio for many months, then comes the people with invite.. Now RCom DATA customers are also going to use RJio 4G network... For all the stress on their 4G Network, Jio is earning ZERO paise...

I wonder what MDA is planning???

Sir, data users like me would switch to RJIO/RCOM 4g in a flash. Reason: No other operator offers or would offer truly unlimited data plans.

Airtel behaves like it ownes internet. No plan below 2k gives unlimted 1MBPS speed...even in their wired internet plans.

People HATE AIRTEL. Sure ... they provide reliable internet....but the price is really something. I have no problems paying 2K for 2mbps connection...but then it should be without FUP.

I feel RJIO/RCOM would really do well....if they stick to non FUP unlimited plans for data.

can anyone use reliance 3 month unlimited plan without lyf mobile

i have sim with lyf mobile

i m using unlimited

can i use this sim with other mobile like redmi note 3 if i m using my unlimited will be safe or not

if anybody using give me suggestions

10 hours ago, NanduNaada said:

Sir, data users like me would switch to RJIO/RCOM 4g in a flash. Reason: No other operator offers or would offer truly unlimited data plans.

Airtel behaves like it ownes internet. No plan below 2k gives unlimted 1MBPS speed...even in their wired internet plans.

People HATE AIRTEL. Sure ... they provide reliable internet....but the price is really something. I have no problems paying 2K for 2mbps connection...but then it should be without FUP.

I feel RJIO/RCOM would really do well....if they stick to non FUP unlimited plans for data.

Dear @NanduNaada you didn't get my point.. What I am trying to say is RJio is losing all its advantages one by one, either mostly by delaying or by giving away data for FREE CONTINUOUSLY.. See, now even you are thinking that they will give UL data without FUP in RJio 4G. People will believe that way only, if they continue to offer UL data for FREE for long time.. The disadvantage here is that, even if they bring cheaper data during launch like say Rs125 per GB for 30 days, we may feel its a disappointing launch.. Freebies spoils everyone and since I am from TN, I know that very well...

Yes, Airtel is good in service, but bad in pricing.. Airtel will give somewhat better plans (NOT cheaper) only if you are big customer.. Wrt wireline BB, its still worse with stupid 512kbps post FUP speeds even in 24Mbps plans for Rs6000+. There is a reason they are number 1, even if people (incl me) hate them for pricing -- Quality of services. There is a reason, people HATE them to the core, even they offer best of the services currently -- STEEP PRICING.. This will change with arrival of good competitor and so the hope on RJio.. But what is worrying me, is their strategies and the advantages they keep on loosing..

Airtel people told me that, "WE can reduce the data prices NOW to increase data usage (plus revenue) as most of our 4G network is under-utilized. BUT we are waiting for RJio. As they are starting from zero customers, they HAVE to reduce data price (almost half of market price) during launch. If we reduce data price to say Rs150 per GB, it will NEVER affect our business, but RJio will then (be forced to) launch at still cheaper price like Rs75 per GB. So we are stubbornly maintaining Rs249 to Rs299 per GB, so that RJio will launch at Rs100 to Rs125 / GB and we will reduce our price to Rs125 to Rs150 at that time."

Remember the days when all 3G operators started 3G at Rs500 per GB and 3G networks were under-utilized. Then aircel reduced the price to Rs199 per GB and AVoId group reduced the price to Rs249 per GB. So Airtel is clear in their strategy, but RJio is NOT looking so, at least for me..

Please DO NOT expect NO FUP UL plans from RJio or RCom in 4G. Please remember that, RCom is saying that CDMA customers with UL plan, will get 5GB 4G data only when upgrade completes.. UL internet with NO FUP is only possible with OFC / FTTH based BB from RJio, which I am expecting eagerly..

10 hours ago, yusufali786 said:

i m using unlimited

can i use this sim with other mobile like redmi note 3 if i m using my unlimited will be safe or not

Better use WiFi tethering option on LYF phone than taking risk of losing UL data for using in other mobile...

• Like 1

i m using unlimited

Few people have said it works but majority view is you loose the benefit if Jio sim is used in other handset

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Dear @NanduNaada you didn't get my point.. What I am trying to say is RJio is losing all its advantages one by one, either mostly by delaying or by giving away data for FREE CONTINUOUSLY.. See, now even you are thinking that they will give UL data without FUP in RJio 4G. People will believe that way only, if they continue to offer UL data for FREE for long time.. The disadvantage here is that, even if they bring cheaper data during launch like say Rs125 per GB for 30 days, we may feel its a disappointing launch.. Freebies spoils everyone and since I am from TN, I know that very well...

Yes, Airtel is good in service, but bad in pricing.. Airtel will give somewhat better plans (NOT cheaper) only if you are big customer.. Wrt wireline BB, its still worse with stupid 512kbps post FUP speeds even in 24Mbps plans for Rs6000+. There is a reason they are number 1, even if people (incl me) hate them for pricing -- Quality of services. There is a reason, people HATE them to the core, even they offer best of the services currently -- STEEP PRICING.. This will change with arrival of good competitor and so the hope on RJio.. But what is worrying me, is their strategies and the advantages they keep on loosing..

Airtel people told me that, "WE can reduce the data prices NOW to increase data usage (plus revenue) as most of our 4G network is under-utilized. BUT we are waiting for RJio. As they are starting from zero customers, they HAVE to reduce data price (almost half of market price) during launch. If we reduce data price to say Rs150 per GB, it will NEVER affect our business, but RJio will then (be forced to) launch at still cheaper price like Rs75 per GB. So we are stubbornly maintaining Rs249 to Rs299 per GB, so that RJio will launch at Rs100 to Rs125 / GB and we will reduce our price to Rs125 to Rs150 at that time."

Remember the days when all 3G operators started 3G at Rs500 per GB and 3G networks were under-utilized. Then aircel reduced the price to Rs199 per GB and AVoId group reduced the price to Rs249 per GB. So Airtel is clear in their strategy, but RJio is NOT looking so, at least for me..

Please DO NOT expect NO FUP UL plans from RJio or RCom in 4G. Please remember that, RCom is saying that CDMA customers with UL plan, will get 5GB 4G data only when upgrade completes.. UL internet with NO FUP is only possible with OFC / FTTH based BB from RJio, which I am expecting eagerly..

Better use WiFi tethering option on LYF phone than taking risk of losing UL data for using in other mobile...

Sir, In my view...RJIO is taking a software like approach to this network rollout...we are currently in BETA phase akin to software. Please consider the following

- How big out country is

- How expensive is to have field engineers conducting drive tests/speed tests throughout the country

- How difficult is to hire/engage people to do these tests and let them go after this is done..and this is a short term exercise. These people wont be needed after network has been established.

In software, beta releases are known to bring out glitches, in field conditions which are difficult to find in controlled conditions in companies...or the testing team is simple too small.

RJIO has smartly clubbed beta testing with LYF handsets....so they are making some money by invite based system. The phones under LYF brand are inferior compared to their open market counterparts. For eg :A 11k LYF handset is running the cheapest 200 series snapdragon processor.

Reliance communication customers are paying customers...they are not getting free data in any case. Sure...they get some benefits for moving to LTE, but that is way less than the cost of getting a LTE smartphone and dumping their CMDA handset.

High speed data is like a drug...once you are hooked...you always want more. Even after 6 months, when RJIO suspends free data, where would the customers go? Would any operator ever give free data?

In all....i think it is a fair trade...but i do respect your POV, which is quite true in indian context....

• Like 2

Digressing from JIO---

Since people are talking about Broadband speeds here - Delhi and TN circle...below is what I have...Its local operator. Using for last 6 months with Internet getting disconnected about 3-4 times for few hours...

At nights it get about 95% of the committed speeds and during day about 85-90% speed. So I always get above 20 Mbps Speed. After FUP speed is 2 MBPS

Special Area promotion is about 200 Rs less then the earlier price...

IMG-20160411-WA0033.jpg

Digressing from JIO---

Since people are talking about Broadband speeds here - Delhi and TN circle...below is what I have...Its local operator. Using for last 6 months with Internet getting disconnected about 3-4 times for few hours...

At nights it get about 95% of the committed speeds and during day about 85-90% speed. So I always get above 20 Mbps Speed. After FUP speed is 2 MBPS

Special Area promotion is about 200 Rs less then the earlier price...

IMG-20160411-WA0033.jpg

Spectra net plans seem useless if this is what they offer in chennai they might as well close shop. Airtel offers better plans than this even old isp was better. Seems waiting for Jio net would be futile

nice.. i think, i get cheapest internet. 20mpbs /999rs per month.., . but its like, 6 mahine pe 6 mahina free :D which makes it 500rs per month.. no cap nothing at all. and youtube, google, torrent is like 80 100mbps

http://mach1broadband.com/mumbai/

51 minutes ago, sunilromy said:

nice.. i think, i get cheapest internet. 20mpbs /999rs per month.., . but its like, 6 mahine pe 6 mahina free :D which makes it 500rs per month.. no cap nothing at all. and youtube, google, torrent is like 80 100mbps

Plans are interesting, just that you are bound for years time. Whereas the plan I shared is monthly payment. Plus no taxes..:D

But the fact is that Internet day by day is getting cheaper and MTNL which once was cheapest is history....

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

nice.. i think, i get cheapest internet. 20mpbs /999rs per month.., . but its like, 6 mahine pe 6 mahina free  which makes it 500rs per month.. no cap nothing at all. and youtube, google, torrent is like 80 100mbps

You are technically blocked for a year even if your isp has downtime or poor service over a period nothing much you can do. With monthly billing you have varied options as suggested rates are going down and speeds are increasing you can jump operator if you are unhappy or get better deal or service

Guys...you are very lucky... in delhi we dont have such luxury..there are very few wired internet providers and you pay roughly 4 times the amount to get similar services.

3 hours ago, NanduNaada said:

Guys...you are very lucky... in delhi we dont have such luxury..there are very few wired internet providers and you pay roughly 4 times the amount to get similar services.

Delhi/NCR has Worldphone

18 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

You are technically blocked for a year even if your isp has downtime or poor service over a period nothing much you can do. With monthly billing you have varied options as suggested rates are going down and speeds are increasing you can jump operator if you are unhappy or get better deal or service

19 hours ago, Chirag Thakkar said:

Plans are interesting, just that you are bound for years time. Whereas the plan I shared is monthly payment. Plus no taxes..:D

But the fact is that Internet day by day is getting cheaper and MTNL which once was cheapest is history....

its true. i was in different location before, downtime and poor service was always an issue, most of the time. joister, syscon or hathway at my old place.. but current location i am using machone since last 3 years. i have only called for like 2 times in my 3 years. its so excellent job they doing. i hardly face any issue. btw, they do have 3 months plan which offer 5mbps in 499.. internet is  getting cheaper day by day :D ......... idk if you guys used stremio. Cache server is the best gift to internet technologies.. . its so lovable :D legit netflix alternative 

Edited by sunilromy

Why ACT Fibernet | High Speed Internet | Speed On Demand | Free Anti Virus | Fastest broadband.jpg

I am very comfortable with 100 Mb plan now.   if Ultra Band plan of JIO implemented in our area (1gb speed) Then  I will move to that.

Edited by Guru Gopal
  • Like 1

Am on a posting spree but@kanagadeepan cannot confirm no fup but it will not be 256/512kbps downgrade. This is a full LTE network and will definitely reduce pricing across all operators

• Like 1

If you buy lyf hanset store of all Ahmedabad give JIO sim.

No need for Invite

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Those who are yet to get an invite,

Today i visited local r-digital store, they said sir please share your email id. We have invites to send you. In 48 hours you will get mail from jio. Bring it to us and buy a lyf phone (+jio sim).

So Jio 4G is pretty much available to everybody. Spend Rs 5999 and join Jio 4G!! 

Jio 4G speeds here in Nagpur have been good. 40-45Mbps at my place, and 20-25Mbps atleast everywhere else. Also, the network is quite good here.

I have been using Rcom cdma on unlimted plan as my primary internet connection, as internet services here in Nagpur are terrible in general.

And we dont have any cdma network for the past 2 days now. No network on the new sim as well. My whole family is on Rcom cdma, this is like a nightmare.

AFAIK sim provided by store has data cap where as invite Sims has truly unlimited data, voice and SMS

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Kalpakbhai there are no cap on

Store provoded jio sim.

Truly unlimited.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Best network ever. Thanks to jio

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, samir_4u said:

Best network ever. Thanks to jio

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Hey Samir...Is JIO working good in Delhi? Worth buying a lyf phone?