Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

Yes bro its working excellent mobile network and data connectivity is owesome speed approx 30-40 mpbs everytime.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Hey Samir...Is JIO working good in Delhi? Worth buying a lyf phone?

I am using this sim is another mobile i think not worth in buy the lyf mobile

• Like 1

8 hours ago, samir_4u said:

Best network ever. Thanks to jio

What are you saying... the network is pathetic..

network keeps dropping the moment you go indoors... far from cdma kind reliability which used to work even in enclosed areas such as lifts

Getting Internet speed of 10-15mbps outside and 1mbps indoors

using Lyf Water2 in Bangalore

No bro in delhi even i check with whole rajasthan i cant see any problem in jio4g also speed is 30-40 mpbs.

If you are using a test sim please give feedback so they can improve signals in your area

Hi all,

jio sim purchased with lyf handset (unlimited benefit) is not working in other handset. I have put it in RN3. only jio 4g signal is available, no voice and data nothing works..jio sim is working only with lyf handset..

1 hour ago, sameer7186 said:

Hi all,

jio sim purchased with lyf handset (unlimited benefit) is not working in other handset. I have put it in RN3. only jio 4g signal is available, no voice and data nothing works..jio sim is working only with lyf handset..

Tejas DoshiMarch 29, 2016 12:03 pm

I got reply from RN3 about proper functioning of JIO sim card.

follow below steps:

For back-up
Setting> backup and reset> Local Backup> backup> unchecked system option> backup

For ROM flash
go to formum page of miui.com
Click on downloads> select your device> global> download full ROM
After downloading ZIP file , copy it to phone folder named ” downloaded_rom”.
Go to Tools> updater
Tap on ‘….” icon at the top right side/long press menu button

select update package
select download package
update now

again restore the data.

I think just like jio join there must be some preview app on lyf which is required for other phones to work. Haven't had my hands on any to confirm myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have a mtnl dolphin prepaid sim (delhi) and i have generated a UPC coz i got fed up with their GSM network and no roaming agreement with Rcom. 

i am interested in getting into Jio network, is it possible to migrate with same number to JIO ?   can anyone help me in porting in to Jio. I do not wish to purchase the lyf handset. 

i have a mtnl dolphin prepaid sim (delhi) and i have generated a UPC coz i got fed up with their GSM network and no roaming agreement with Rcom. 

i am interested in getting into Jio network, is it possible to migrate with same number to JIO ?   can anyone help me in porting in to Jio. I do not wish to purchase the lyf handset. 

हर किसी की यही तमन्ना है।

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nitink said:

Not possible to port to Jio, as they are not commercial yet. And you cant get the unlimited offers without the LYF handset, unless you are a Reliance employee.

oh, so i will be forced to port to airtel:(

1 hour ago, nitink said:

MTNL has roaming agreement with BSNL. In many interior places it is the only SIM that would work and also have 3G signals. Data roaming is free i.e. same rates and packs work across India.  Of course, not useful in large cities.

MTNL has roaming agreement with BSNL. In many interior places it is the only SIM that would work and also have 3G signals. Data roaming is free i.e. same rates and packs work across India.  Of course, not useful in large cities.

My primary number is reliance and they do not have any pact with mtnl/bsnl for call forwarding. Last week I was in punjab for 4 days and there was no cdma network to latch on. I had called reliance customer care and they told me in advance that there wud be no network and I should forward my cdma calls to any network other than mtnl/bsnl.

There was no time for me to buy another number as a result I was left with no network for 4daya. I just don't want this to repeat again. Hence the migration.

Yeah, most of us here are irritated with their service providers. But then we cant port to Jio till their commercial launch.

I am getting excellent speeds here in Nagpur. I just hope it doesnt degrade much when the users increase.

porting to JIO is possible if you know higher ups in JIO.  I ported one Docomo CDMA and one one docomo GSM and enjoying free data, sms and calls (not on LYf phones this ported sim is like employees sim)

• Like 2

porting to JIO is possible if you know higher ups in JIO.  I ported one Docomo CDMA and one one docomo GSM and enjoying free data, sms and calls (not on LYf phones this ported sim is like employees sim)

What is the tariff plan after commercial launch ji? Didn't the donor operator opposed it for moving to non commercially launched network?

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

oh, so i will be forced to port to airtel

Don't do it. Airtel only shows 4g in the title bar but the speed is either lesser than 3g or equal to 3g. Only marketing gimmick.

At least that's what I face in Chennai and Tamil nadu.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

a9051c9d0ed48c7c976e5592581b35de.jpg

6c1ecae969d886132841435dd9376323.jpg

dad16f03238616490c522fc36110da85.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dskumar said:

Don't do it. Airtel only shows 4g in the title bar but the speed is either lesser than 3g or equal to 3g. Only marketing gimmick.

At least that's what I face in Chennai and Tamil nadu.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

4G spectrum used in TN and Delhi are totally different.. In Chennai, Airtel is using just 5MHz of band 3 (1800MHz) spectrum, whereas in Delhi its using 20MHz of band 40 (2300MHz) spectrum. Further Airtel is using 10MHz of band 1 (2100MHz) 3G spectrum in TN, which is twice as other 3G operators there and hence its 3G speed is almost as good as 4G speed.. Please Wait till Airtel get 20MHz of band 40 (2300MHz) from Aircel this month and launch LTE-A with carrier aggregation on both Band 3 and Band 40 spectrum and then check the real 4G speeds.

Airtel is using 900MHz 2G in Chennai (but 1800MHz in RoTN) and has soo many users in Chennai. The 3G speed was very pathetic before 2015 auction as they had just 5MHz of 3G spectrum and too many users. They bought second lot of 3G in 2015 auction and then the condition of 3G is better in TN. In my home town Sivakasi, Airtel's 3G is twice faster than Idea's 4G (Idea NOT using OFC backhaul is also one reason)..

Moving to Airtel till RJio launches is really a good idea for a Delhi user, imho...

• Like 1

Jio.com is live. You can share your details over there and may be they would call you for a Jio connection. 

Jio.com is live. You can share your details over there and may be they would call you for a Jio connection. 

Thanks for the info have registered let's see wait and watch. Would prefer porting an existing number to jio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Guru Gopal said:

sirjee , we only know you :)

• Like 2

I require a Jio invite. Can anyone help ?

3 hours ago, nitink said:

sirjee , we only know you :)

it is circle wise and that too this porting is on test basis, each circle was tested 20 MNP.  now you have pull the legs of Higher ups in your circle for MNP in JIO