Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

I just hope, RJio won't repeat their (only) mistake during CDMA launch, that is forcing to buy Handset from them only. Even now Moto X Play and Moto X Style has VoLTE support natively (just like Moto G3), but RJio doesn't allow them to be used in their network for VoLTE. They allowed Moto G3, but NOT Moto X Play and Style. Why? It may affect the sales of their relatively higher end Water and Earth models. There can't be any other reasons..

They should just close down LYF phones co and join hands with other phone makers to have infinite options for customers, imho... ELSE, forget Airtel, they can't even beat Idea in telecom business..

• Like 3

I just hope, RJio won't repeat their (only) mistake during CDMA launch, that is forcing to buy Handset from them only. Even now Moto X Play and Moto X Style has VoLTE support natively (just like Moto G3), but RJio doesn't allow them to be used in their network for VoLTE. They allowed Moto G3, but NOT Moto X Play and Style. Why? It may affect the sales of their relatively higher end Water and Earth models. There can't be any other reasons..

They should just close down LYF phones co and join hands with other phone makers to have infinite options for customers, imho... ELSE, forget Airtel, they can't even beat Idea in telecom business..

Kanaga Deepan monsoon dhamaka was a different ball game all together cdma was new limited choices in handset and handsets sold at 500 so it sold like hot cake it back fired too loads of them purchased and many had big bill dues I still remember huge que to get bill waiver and convert to prepaid. Jio already tested water here with lyf mobile with unlimited offer before commercial launch. The offer received only a Luke warm response so they won't push to buy it after launch is my take. Lyf mobiles will perish or purchased by few but not majority Jio sim without phone is the way to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Using LYF Wind 4 from last 5 days. costed 6500 Excellent battery life. Continuous use as HOT SPOT.

At my Home coverage is good, so excellent recovery of 6500 in next 90 days 

12 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Kanaga Deepan monsoon dhamaka was a different ball game all together cdma was new limited choices in handset and handsets sold at 500 so it sold like hot cake it back fired too loads of them purchased and many had big bill dues I still remember huge que to get bill waiver and convert to prepaid. Jio already tested water here with lyf mobile with unlimited offer before commercial launch. The offer received only a Luke warm response so they won't push to buy it after launch is my take. Lyf mobiles will perish or purchased by few but not majority Jio sim without phone is the way to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.. I do expect the same...

Even I have recommended many friends about the Jio Preview offer, unlimited high speed internet with just a catch of buying a new not so vfm phone (except wind 4).. But most of them didn't care about the offer, even though most guys have upto 40GB (wireline) as internet usage per month. The main reason is, they already have 4G phones like A6000+, Vivo phones, Oppo, 1+2, Redmi / MI, Samsung J / S series, Moto G / X,  phones and do NOT want to invest redundantly in some unknown new phone..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Saurav said:

Using LYF Wind 4 from last 5 days. costed 6500 Excellent battery life. Continuous use as HOT SPOT.

At my Home coverage is good, so excellent recovery of 6500 in next 90 days 

finally you got it lol 

To be frank I was revolted against having to buy a new LYF handset . But with the Jio 4G Offer it was very tempting . Having used the earth with Jio 4G in various parts of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Arakkonam, Andhara Nagari and North Delhi, I must say the handset grows on you. Especially with JIO 4G coverage is consistent. Even in my home where I have zero tower I still get data almost with 1 mbps speed which is amazing. On roads I get from 30 MBPS to 10 MBPS depending on the coverage consistently. So far I have never seen any part of the roads where there is no coverage. Even when I enter Andhara via Road Coverage was Consistent except for the place where I crossed the border and just for one 100 Mts where the connection changed from Tamil Nadu to Roaming. I am extremely impressed with Jio So far.

One Issue I have faced so far - Incomming from Voda / Bsnl Not a problem. But when an Airtel user calls my JIO they get message that all routes are Busy. Any other users facing this Issue ?

Edited by dskumar
  • Like 1

To be frank I was revolted against having to buy a new LYF handset . But with the Jio 4G Offer it was very tempting . Having used the earth with Jio 4G in various parts of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Arakkonam, Andhara Nagari and North Delhi, I must say the handset grows on you. Especially with JIO 4G coverage is consistent. Even in my home where I have zero tower I still get data almost with 1 mbps speed which is amazing. On roads I get from 30 MBPS to 10 MBPS depending on the coverage consistently. So far I have never seen any part of the roads where there is no coverage. Even when I enter Andhara via Road Coverage was Consistent except for the place where I crossed the border and just for one 100 Mts where the connection changed from Tamil Nadu to Roaming. I am extremely impressed with Jio So far.

One Issue I have faced so far - Incomming from Voda / Bsnl Not a problem. But when an Airtel user calls my JIO they get message that all routes are Busy. Any other users facing this Issue ?

My experience is almost same. I don't know how, but band 40 coverage of RJio is increasing day by day and I am getting band 40 2300MHz coverage in places where initially it's not there. So I am recommending RJio to others, but not many cares about it.

DSKumar my main number is Airtel TN and there is no problem in getting calls from Airtel to my RJio number, not even once.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

most of torrent sites like edited  etc  are blocked in jio

its not as rosy at it seems :P:

1 minute ago, KanagaDeepan said:

My experience is almost same. I don't know how, but band 40 coverage of RJio is increasing day by day and I am getting band 40 2300MHz coverage in places where initially it's not there. So I am recommending RJio to others, but not many cares about it.

DSKumar my main number is Airtel TN and there is no problem in getting calls from Airtel to my RJio number, not even once.

May be its based in Chennai I am having this problem ? Because I have an alternate Airtel Number , and even now when I try I get all lines are busy. Similarly when my family members who have Airtel when they try to reach on JIO they get the same error. All other networks no problem. Only Airtel is having this problem.

Just now, nitink said:

most of torrent sites like kickass including xvideos etc  are blocked in jio

its not as rosy at it seems :p:

There are methods to go around that.

1 minute ago, dskumar said:

There are methods to go around that.

yes proxies etc, but they r not a cup of tea for everyone. 

28 minutes ago, nitink said:
most of torrent sites like kickass including xvideos etc  are blocked in jio

its not as rosy at it seems :P:

Not really an issue. If anyone needs more info, contact me by PM...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

19 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Not really an issue. Edited .. If anyone needs more info, contact me by PM...

etc etc is also blocked on jio :)  

Edit your post (incl my words in quote) asap my friend... There is a reason why I said contact by PM and I am so confident...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

has jio started giving datacard device? when can we expect to lay our hands on it?

4 hours ago, nitink said:

etc etc is also blocked on jio :)  

I guess the problem in your case and check your PM...

WARNING:-

Do NOT open in office or other restricted place.. Open when you are ALONE...

On 6/10/2016 at 7:44 PM, nabeelnavs said:

Download jio join with play store volt will start working

But S5 is in the list of officially supported devices?

1 hour ago, gpkumaran said:

But S5 is in the list of officially supported devices?

S5 use version worked without jio join I think

12 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I guess the problem in your case and check your PM...

WARNING:-

Do NOT open in office or other restricted place.. Open when you are ALONE...

have not received any PM from u :)

17 hours ago, nabeelnavs said:

S5 use version worked without jio join I think

I'm sorry. which version?

I think he means USA version

5 hours ago, gpkumaran said:

I'm sorry. which version?

UAE dubai

12 hours ago, nabeelnavs said:

UAE dubai

thanks a lot. could you confirm the model number pleasee.  was it g900f or g900fd (dual sim version)? and version of Android?

12 hours ago, gpkumaran said:

thanks a lot. could you confirm the model number pleasee.  was it g900f or g900fd (dual sim version)? and version of Android?

That was single sim phone purchased in Dubai that's works with jio I sold that phone so I can't confirm model number mostly UAE phone works with jio because jio have 80% same technology like Zain carrier

I have got the invite code.Can any one help me with store name to buy mobile with preview offer in pune