Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

What speeds are you getting?

Specifically, are cheaper LYF handsets providing similar speeds as expensive ones?

Well, speed gets maximum affected by the quality of network, coverage, the band currently connected and number of users using the current tower. The quality of handset also plays a role, but not the maximum effect as I listed above. So go for the handset according to your budget without much worries, IMHO.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vakharia said:

Went to Digital Xpress Mini store at 12:45 and came out a 4 PM with activated connection.

At home signal is poor, but YouTube streaming still works fine.

Flame 2 does not seem bad as a device.

I cannot make outgoing calls. Not sure why.

Congratulations & welcome to the fast growing Jio family!

Outgoing works perfectly for Jio-Jio & Jio-RCom (CDMA/GSM) calls. however, to other Operators you may need to dial 2-3 times!

best wishes

Thanks Kabali da,

I want to use the device just as a modem. Flame 2 seems good device for that. Will get one tomo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NanduNaada said:

Thanks Kabali da,

I want to use the device just as a modem. Flame 2 seems good device for that. Will get one tomo.

Haha.. Bro, call me KanagaDeepan. Kabali is the name of RajniKanth's latest tamil movie.

• Like 1

Haaha..i dont know that...!! Lolz!

hey all

I have recently started taking interest in owning a jio connection as i am sick of rcom pathetic 4g :(

so today as i was on off , i went out to a couple of Rel digital stores, i had talked to Mr Kanaga regarding which handset to buy so i was hell bent on buying a wind 4 but strangely its out of stock every where, one store had it as demo initially they agreed to sell it to me with a new connection but after a few minutes refused . the other handsets had pretty small battery and the good ones were a bit higher  on the budget .

I had to come back empty handed, this post i am making to seek some help from the members, can anyone suggest where can i get tghe wind4 or if there is some other cheap and best handset option or mifi for that matter.

I was thinking of using first up for data but then realized if the handset has such higher battery then i can use both sim slots one for jio as hotspot and other with my personal number for calling.

let me know if anyone can help

Thanks

@joshm

Wind4, if you can get it. Apparently it is being sold on amazon for a premium of upto 2500.

Else, Flame 2, with a good power bank. the only deficiency is the battery. Otherwise, a good buy at just 3499.

• Like 2

Hi all, I got a Flame 2 for 3499/-
My budget is only this much since already having another Smartphone. Today it's activated and working fine. As@joshm said , when battery goes down I use power bank...

Holly 2plus

• Like 1

On 09/07/2016 at 6:47 PM, JOHNSON said:

Hi bro, how is flame 2? I'm also bought today flame 2 but yet to be activated. Is it ok for hot-spot?

Thanks.

Holly 2plus

I think the device is fine for 3499₹.

Hotspot works fine.

On 10/07/2016 at 1:10 AM, NanduNaada said:

What speeds are you getting?

Specifically, are cheaper LYF handsets providing similar speeds as expensive ones?

I got 21 Mbps on terrace just once. In my balcony I get 0.8 Mbps and inside is around 0.6 Mbps.

Need to test elsewhere in the city.

Cannot compare with other phones since I have no other options.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vakharia said:

I think the device is fine for 3499₹.

Hotspot works fine.

I got 21 Mbps on terrace just once. In my balcony I get 0.8 Mbps and inside is around 0.6 Mbps.

Need to test elsewhere in the city.

Cannot compare with other phones since I have no other options.

Thanks for the info. I guess much depends on the location.

Well after trying hard for two days I was finally able to get a wind 4 handset with the jio connection.
The wind 4 has been discontinued and it is not available in Delhi with any reliance digital store.
I was hell bent on buying this particular model owing to the enormous battery.
Sincere thanks to Mr Kanaga who strongly advised me to get This particular one , it was on his recommendations that I zeroed in for WIND4

Thanks mate
Now waiting for the connection to be activated.

Will share the data speed, quality etc in a couple of days

2aaf369250559713ed3050843a779d1c.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

@joshm enjoy... They stopped this phone, so that their other cr@p load of LYF phones will sell...

• Like 2

Lyf wind 4 is decent handset, after its launch i waited for week to arrive in reliance digital stores in 3rd week of may. I grab this handset in last day of invite expiry with jio connection. I have some issues with lyf wind 4, firstly I am not getting network in second sim slot even 2g. And secondly if I use 4g usim in both slots then jio LTE signal fluctuates frequently and if I deactivate second sim slot the jio LTE connection works normal. Need to visit lyf care centre to figure out above mentioned problem otherwise its OK. Is anyone else facing the same problem.

SAR value  Wind 4 ? What about voice quality  3G sim slot. Will it heat up after conntecting to voice call more than 15 minutes

SAR value  Wind 4 ? What about voice quality  3G sim slot. Will it heat up after conntecting to voice call more than 15 minutes

cdfa808df105fd9b780dd7d0641d3593.jpg

Apart from this, I can't answer any of your queries, yet to get my number activated

• Like 1

lower than Redmi 2 Prime :)

49 minutes ago, joshm said:

• Like 1

On 7/9/2016 at 0:13 PM, commonman said:

Reliance Digital shops are refusing to accept E-Aadhar as a vaid document even though the Govt has declared that E-Aadhar will rank same as normal aadhar card.

Todays news

The e-Aadhaar letter or the downloaded version of the card from the UIDAI website, can now be used as a valid identity and address proof document for taking a new mobile connection.

This has been clarified by the Department of Telecom which has also placed the onus of verifying the details mentioned in the e-Aadhaar letter – including name, address, date of birth, gender – from the UIDAI, on the representative manning the point of sale.

The authorised person at the shop will also have to record a declaration saying that the customer details mentioned in the e-Aadhaar letter have been matched with the details received from the UIDAI.

http://indianexpress.com/article/business/business-others/now-e-aadhaar-a-valid-document-for-new-mobile-connections-2911585/

I am experiencing significantly less speed in devices connected via wifi hotspot. Kept side by side, speedtest gives 5 times more speed in Wind4 itself than the spped shown in connected RN3.

Anyone else facing such issues? Is is possible that they have put in some restrctions in the firmware?

I am experiencing significantly less speed in devices connected via wifi hotspot. Kept side by side, speedtest gives 5 times more speed in Wind4 itself than the spped shown in connected RN3.

Anyone else facing such issues? Is is possible that they have put in some restrctions in the firmware?

Nope. Not five times less speeds. May be some issue with RN3..

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Okay so yesterday evening my jio number started working.
The wind 4 isn't a bad phone, just unhappy with that uneven brightness thing as it has a tft screen so you can notice those small leds at the bottom and slight variation on brightness,

That apart the phone is decent.

About jio, call quality is excellent.
Data speed at my place was pathetic at 2.5mbps only, inhale lodged a complaint regarding that and they say it will be resolved.

As soon as I was out of the locality I was getting all 5 bars and a whopping 40mbps data speed. Even at one of my clinic s where there are no rcom signals, it's clocking around 10mbps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshm said:

Okay so yesterday evening my jio number started working.
The wind 4 isn't a bad phone, just unhappy with that uneven brightness thing as it has a tft screen so you can notice those small leds at the bottom and slight variation on brightness,

That apart the phone is decent.

About jio, call quality is excellent.
Data speed at my place was pathetic at 2.5mbps only, inhale lodged a complaint regarding that and they say it will be resolved.

As soon as I was out of the locality I was getting all 5 bars and a whopping 40mbps data speed. Even at one of my clinic s where there are no rcom signals, it's clocking around 10mbps

Wind4? you are real lucky to get one as almost everywhere its out of stock. I am using it for a month and its quite a decent handset.

• Like 1

Wind 4 has a poor touch screen if yours is working fine you are lucky.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dushie said:

Wind 4 has a poor touch screen if yours is working fine you are lucky.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

I use it as a second phone for voice & SMS and as a portable hotspot for primary phone which is RN3. So far no problem in sending SMS or making/receiving calls. The main advantage is the battery backup which makes it useful as a hotspot on the move.

Reliance Jio will extend the offer to users of VoLTE enabled iPhones, which includes the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE. The offer will include unlimited voice calls, SMS, data and entertainment services that includes live TV streaming, video on demand and music on demand, which would be free for three months.
Announcement is expected in the coming week.
Source : BGR India

http://goo.gl/Q02fow

On 7/16/2016 at 9:16 PM, praveenwarrier said:

Reliance Jio will extend the offer to users of VoLTE enabled iPhones, which includes the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE. The offer will include unlimited voice calls, SMS, data and entertainment services that includes live TV streaming, video on demand and music on demand, which would be free for three months.

Announcement is expected in the coming week.

Source : BGR India

http://goo.gl/Q02fow

This will be interesting , The real resaon i opted for a 6 plus was to make myself apple and jio ready together :) LOL i couldn't actually wait any longer and bought the WIND4;P

But jio on iphone would be a treat

• Like 1