Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Share / Request Reliance JIO Invites

Okay since the morning en route to work, I have been testing data speed of jio in underground metro in Delhi. For a change took the metro....

And I must say they have done a great job, barring one place before rajiv Chowk station everywhere I was clocking more than 12 mbps.

Area between central secretariat and lajpat nagar station is a bit of a dead zone where none of the operators seem to be having a stable service, there as well jio was around 2mbps.

In itself this means they are pretty serious about their network.

857a8d81fdfa0d5214bcf3c13a989c9e.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

There are some posts in MIUI forum that RN3 users are now eligible to get free preview SIM. Anyone got any update on this.

Also those who are availing Samsung preview offer, it is essential to take the SIM in the same name or can it be taken in the name of some other family member also? whether a person who is already having one preview SIM can take a second one?

http://en.miui.com/thread-314102-1-1.html

Edited by commonman

There are some posts in MIUI forum that RN3 users are now eligible to get free preview SIM. Anyone got any update on this. Also those who are availing Samsung preview offer, it is essential to take the SIM in the same name or can it be taken in the name of some other family member also?

http://en.miui.com/thread-314102-1-1.html

This is good news if someone can confirm the same. Any charges to be paid while getting
the Sim or is it free.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

I tried twice didn't work for me anybody can try and confirm if it works?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is good news if someone can confirm the same. Any charges to be paid while getting
the Sim or is it free.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Hi

No charges, voucher code, 2 passport size photographs, 1 identity proof with clear visible photograph on id proof is required. Visit store & get the sim. Signature might be required while filling up of form so better the person visits himself & moreover redmi note 3 sim preview offer is not officially out so better to state Samsung offer at store.

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi

No charges, voucher code, 2 passport size photographs, 1 identity proof with clear visible photograph on id proof is required. Visit store & get the sim. Signature might be required while filling up of form so better the person visits himself & moreover redmi note 3 sim preview offer is not officially out so better to state Samsung offer at store.

Regards

Caring lover did you get the sim for rn3 I got the code after multiple tries visited reliance digital as always they are clueless about the offer and say it's only for Samsung and lyf mobiles. Noted my number said will call if they get details about this offer

Caring lover did you get the sim for rn3 I got the code after multiple tries visited reliance digital as always they are clueless about the offer and say it's only for Samsung and lyf mobiles. Noted my number said will call if they get details about this offer

Hi,

I already said that don't mention that you got the code for rn3. I told them I got the code for Samsung & thus got the sim. Its activated & I am having the fun. Now reliance digital team is giving sim to one who carries the Samsung phone along with as they are aware of the issue.

Regards

Hi,

I already said that don't mention that you got the code for rn3. I told them I got the code for Samsung & thus got the sim. Its activated & I am having the fun. Now reliance digital team is giving sim to one who carries the Samsung phone along with as they are aware of the issue.

Regards

I saw this post after my visit to Reliance digital the bug due to which the code was generating seems to have been rectified I don't see the option anymore. What puzzles me is jio wants more and more users to test its network and giving preferential treatment for specific Samsung phones and nothing for hot seller redmi note 3

Hi,

Regards

Hi,

Got 2Gb instead unlimited anyone who got the same changed, how please guide.

Regards

Mi forum has so many users who face the same issue seems the unlimited is not offered to non lyf and Samsung mobiles

On 7/6/2016 at 6:40 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

Better option is Flame2 for Rs3499 with 1GB RAM, than other Rs3000 phones with just 512MB RAM, imho...

With the recent price reduction of Flame 1 to Rs 4399 Flame 1 looks better option.

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 Quadcore processor
  • Bigger screen than flame2
  • 5mp+5mp cameras
  • 2000 mah battery
  • 24 months warranty

http://www.reliancedigital.in/mobiles/smart-phones.html

late to the party ..too much .. visited 4-5 stores for jio sim.. nowhere its available .. waiting is for 1 month ..  will try  after 1 month if i  still remember .. few friends got but not activated .. 

late to the party ..too much .. visited 4-5 stores for jio sim.. nowhere its available .. waiting is for 1 month ..  will try  after 1 month if i  still remember .. few friends got but not activated .. 

SIM is available everywhere - but if you ask - the store people say that they have stopped giving Token come after so many days etc. just to keep the rush down.

Go to the store early and stand in Que - at around 10 AM store will open and thereafter they will issue simple paper token to few people with date and time. Generate a coupon on your 4G handset using MyJio app and take it with you along with Aadhar Card (nothing else - not even photo - No CAF filling etc.). While giving the SIM they will use your Thumb for e-KYC verification and the SIM will get Activated within 2 - 3 days (Only put the SIM in your handset after you receive message on your alternate number asking you to do so otherwise activation may be blocked or delayed on your that particular SIM). After activation only incoming starts and other goodies will get activated within 1 hour to 24 hour (otherwise call 198).;)

Edited by LTE4G

SIM is available everywhere - but if you ask - the store people say that they have stopped giving Token come after so many days etc. just to keep the rush down.

Go to the store early and stand in Que - at around 10 AM store will open and thereafter they will issue simple paper token to few people with date and time. Generate a coupon on your 4G handset using MyJio app and take it with you along with Aadhar Card (nothing else - not even photo - No CAF filling etc.). While giving the SIM they will use your Thumb for e-KYC verification and the SIM will get Activated within 2 - 3 days (Only put the SIM in your handset after you receive message on your alternate number asking you to do so otherwise activation may be blocked or delayed on your that particular SIM). After activation only incoming starts and other goodies will get activated within 1 hour to 24 hour (otherwise call 198).

Thanks for the whole process .. understand perfectly about activation

My question is .. why to spend 2 days

1 for getting paper token which is again lottery if u reach late .. and that token date is again 15days later..

So effectively its 1 month ..

2nd day when ur paper token is valid .. i have to go on that day .. and get sim ..

Lets see if i gone thru all that get my sim activated it will be more than 45 days ..

Why others are complaining that they are not getting their sim activated ..

Whats the point giving 3 months free. When u cant provide basic sim .

Sorry for my post if someone us offended ..

Sim is available who has done all this 1 month waiting .. not single shop .. where u walkin and get sim even if they have they will tell u to go thru this process of wait ..

Thanks for the whole process .. understand perfectly about activation

My question is .. why to spend 2 days
1 for getting paper token which is again lottery if u reach late .. and that token date is again 15days later..
So effectively its 1 month ..

2nd day when ur paper token is valid .. i have to go on that day .. and get sim ..

Lets see if i gone thru all that get my sim activated it will be more than 45 days ..

Why others are complaining that they are not getting their sim activated ..
Whats the point giving 3 months free. When u cant provide basic sim .

Sorry for my post if someone us offended ..

It is not taking that much time - Some people are selling SIM in black and is rumored by them only that it is taking too much time.

When you get Token - dates given are of the same day after 1 or 2 PM onward for collecting sim (one hour slots) and in exception sometimes next day (Crowd is more on Holidays, Saturdays & Sundays and they give priority to those who buy LYF handset or JioFi device so the dates get further pushed).

So avoid going on weekends.

I have been to stores who are giving sim directly too.

One of my friend went last Saturday and directly got his sim - and is now activated too.

By the end of this month SIM will also be available at other outlets/dealers.

• Like 2

Wow dost kahan par ho tum , i mean to say which city .. as i am getting blunt responses come back after 1 week just for token .. after token min 1 week .. anyways it would have been better if they have distributed this to local shops ..

Guys it is available with local shops too...

In Mumbai also... I stay in Panvel and we are getting sim cards here..

Few of local shops are selling in black for 100 to 400 rupees..

Guys it is available with local shops too...

In Mumbai also... I stay in Panvel and we are getting sim cards here..

Few of local shops are selling in black for 100 to 400 rupees..

News everywhere read below.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/jio-sim-is-free-but-some-retailers-are-selling-them-in-black/1/754374.html

https://www.thequint.com/technology/2016/08/31/watch-sting-video-of-free-reliance-jio-4g-sims-being-sold-illegally-for-upto-rs-1000-in-delhi-ncr-markets

हम कब सुधरेंगे ? (Hum kab Sudharenge ?)

First party (Jio) is giving sim for FREE to Second party (Consumer) and Third party (Dealers/Retailers) is making money.

Now people will ask Mukesh to appoint / depute his staff to monitor that such black marketing should not happen.

फ्री में दो ऊपर से निगरानी भी करो (Free mein do upar se monitor bhi karo) - Who is morally responsible for this Black marketing ? Seller / Purchaser.

Edited by LTE4G

News everywhere read below.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/jio-sim-is-free-but-some-retailers-are-selling-them-in-black/1/754374.html

https://www.thequint.com/technology/2016/08/31/watch-sting-video-of-free-reliance-jio-4g-sims-being-sold-illegally-for-upto-rs-1000-in-delhi-ncr-markets

हम कब सुधरेंगे ? (Hum kab Sudharenge ?)

First party (Jio) is giving sim for FREE to Second party (Consumer) and Third party (Dealers/Retailers) is making money.

Now people will ask Mukesh to appoint / depute his staff to monitor that such black marketing should not happen.

फ्री में दो ऊपर से निगरानी भी करो (Free mein do upar se monitor bhi karo) - Whose is morally responsible for this Black marketing ? Seller / Purchaser.

It is a hand in glove work digital employees give away sims they get to distribute to retailers who sell at premium and given a certain commission to stores. As a purchaser most people don't mind spending 100-500 when they get sim across the counter given the long term benefits. It is obvious the entire fiasco is due to Jio and Digital mismanagement . People don't wanna stand in que twice to get one sim. If Jio can manage it better will be good for all

• Like 1

Yeah i know..

But it is available for free also...

I am not saying to buy in black... No ways...

Yeah i know..

But it is available for free also...

I am not saying to buy in black... No ways...

Yes !! but what I meant was that we should expose such retailers (termites) and not encourage corruption just for the sake of securing a Jio SIM at any cost.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Why not online purchase anyway they are connecting it with aadhar right?

Jio wants to enjoy the hype and crowds at the stores. They want to portray how much the demand is for jio sim. Been roaming for two days to get jio fi device all stores say no stock

It would be the best thing if they do it.