Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dr.faramroze

How to use BSNL CDMA RUIM on imported CDMA phones

it is good news. i will try to port one of my number to cdma

kuduku Vijay is expert in dealing with CDMA BSNL. I think he his help also required for every one in this regard.

Edited by Guru Gopal

Does BSNL have CDMA service in Mumbai? Asking as MTNL doesn't have any good info on this.

Also can one still get a BSNL CDMA connection purchased/activated through an MTNL office ?

kudzu Vijay is expert in dealing with CDMA BSNL. I think he his help also required for every one in this regard.

@ guru gopal garu

BSNL CDMA stopped in AP Circle ani meere chepparu sir

• Like 1

Saturday inquire for it neatest exchange but thay dont knows any CDMA sim ? will inquire tomorrow with JTO of exchange

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Does BSNL have CDMA service in Mumbai? Asking as MTNL doesn't have any good info on this.

Also can one still get a BSNL CDMA connection purchased/activated through an MTNL office ?

When i gone to Delhi, My BSNL CDMA sim works on MTNL. this is 2 years back thing i am saying.

• Like 1

For BSNL CDMA be ready for trips to BSNL office and dealing with their incompetent staff . Used EVDO for 5+ years then switched . Too much of a pain and hassle dealing with them

Got those Sierra 595U modems from US which were really good for BSNL .

Not worth the hassle for going to BSNL office for any queries or resolutions . And all issues with BNNL are backend . If a pointman in Vadodara can work out these nagging issues then excellent and not averse for paying such services also .

EVDO closing has also stopped /delayed in many circles , atleast stopped surely for most northern states bordering Pakistan as this is the only service provider . After mobile penetration increases in remote areas then might

All BSNL GSM plans are valid for CDMA postapid .

BSNL charged me 100/ bucks for SIM change as they were not aware no orders on it . New RUIM costs 40/ :bash: has to take it as was old number .

After 2 days they changed another guy SIM for 40 bucks as I became their guinea big and they learnt .

As dr has prescribed a small programming is required for most SIMs otherwise not readable in most US sets

And yes for all those going for BSNL CDMA they will not give you SIm

1. Aunty not in mood to work .

2. As they dont know how to program it

3. Wont be having CDMA RUIM

4. Some might even close it 5 years back

5. Fully discourage you

After you get a SIM please run for recharging it as no one oustide will be able to recharge it . Only few sites online work

BEST LUCK TO WOULD BE BSNL CDMA subscribers

Edited by kuduku
  • Like 2

nope. bsnl works till amernath, kalyan area. i tried it long back, i got bsnl cdma sim from one of the rimweb members, as getting it locally was difficult. and after kalyan, it didnt worked :(

Mtnl has shutdown CDMA (1x Garuda) sometime back in Mumbai and Delhi.

For BSNL CDMA be ready for trips to BSNL office and dealing with their incompetent staff . Used EVDO for 5+ years then switched . Too much of a pain and hassle dealing with them

Got those Sierra 595U modems from US which were really good for BSNL .

Not worth the hassle for going to BSNL office for any queries or resolutions . And all issues with BNNL are backend . If a pointman in Vadodara can work out these nagging issues then excellent and not averse for paying such services also .

EVDO closing has also stopped /delayed in many circles , atleast stopped surely for most northern states bordering Pakistan as this is the only service provider . After mobile penetration increases in remote areas then might

All BSNL GSM plans are valid for CDMA postapid .

BSNL charged me 100/ bucks for SIM change as they were not aware no orders on it . New RUIM costs 40/ :bash: has to take it as was old number .

After 2 days they changed another guy SIM for 40 bucks as I became their guinea big and they learnt .

As dr has prescribed a small programming is required for most SIMs otherwise not readable in most US sets

And yes for all those going for BSNL CDMA they will not give you SIm

1. Aunty not in mood to work .

2. As they dont know how to program it

3. Wont be having CDMA RUIM

4. Some might even close it 5 years back

5. Fully discourage you

After you get a SIM please run for recharging it as no one oustide will be able to recharge it . Only few sites online work

BEST LUCK TO WOULD BE BSNL CDMA subscribers

You have perfectly described the exact scenario of a BSNL work-front. I bought my first BSNL cdma ruim and only the first experience was very discouraging. Things changed once I reached GMTD office and spoke to the marketing manager. He himself came to CSC BSNL district office and helped me. He entered sim meid, mapped the new MDN with it's corresponding ESN in Sancharsoft and within minutes of login, my work was done. Ruim value is determined as per their portal. He assured me of getting the service active within four hours from the time of entry in Sancharsoft. After two hours, I verified proof of ownership on 1507 and service was fully live by evening. Dedicated CDMA customer care 1502 is not that bad. Got a Rs 51 recharge to test NIC (1X data in BSNL terminology) from the CSC and data started without any oher FRC. It is unbelievable but a single cell site of BSNL cdma covers a distance of 10 kms. It is week with my first sim and have purchased more than 130 new sims for others and got them activated the same day. Recharge can be done thru Paytm, Freecharge and mobikwik.

Saturday inquire for it neatest exchange but thay dont knows any CDMA sim ? will inquire tomorrow with JTO of exchange

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

As I have said in another post, I offer to get new BSNL cdma ruims for anyone who sends documents and photo. We have even done a few MNP from Reliance last week, there is a shortage of blank sims and shall be resumed in a few days.

You require to purchase from adjoining areas like Dahanu, Palghar, Karjat, Virar-Vasai etc and use as free incoming on MTNL. MTNL has closed down it's own cdma subscribers but it hosts BSNL customers. But no data it seems.

I have visited my local office they don't know about CDMA service they trekking me CDMA services is closed in Maharashtra but bsnl site shows it they are not co operate

Hi Friends,

Need to know, plan details of BSNL cdma prepaid, Gujarat circle. Especially data 1x and evdo (if available).

I checked their website, but its confusing & gives details related to voice /sms only.

post-45997-146308282622_thumb.jpgpost-45997-146308283676_thumb.jpgpost-45997-146308284958_thumb.jpgpost-45997-146308285927_thumb.jpgpost-45997-146308287261_thumb.jpgpost-45997-146308288683_thumb.jpg

Information collected from different sources. BSNL CDMA postpaid plans are same as GSM postpaid. It is there on bsnl website. In Gujarat, sim cards are currently available at Karimabad CSC Surat, Fuwara CSC Navsari, CSC Valsad-Vapi, Jail road CSC Vadodara and Satellite CSC Ahmedabad. Do not buy Evdo Sim, ensure it is general ruim.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

I have been using EV-DO since 2007 when they launched it. I started with their zte ac8700 data card and upgraded to sierra 595u 4-5 years back. I have almost 0 issue of network.

I have been also using bsnl cdma on my moto g since last 2 years.

Any Ahmadabad users needs any help regarding bsnl cdma let me know. Can help you out. Main cdma office is located opp. Kalupur railway station. And SDE is good friend of mine.

Edited by cisco_tech86
  • Like 3

In Kolkata BSNL officially shut down CDMA voice and data since 31st March 2016. So no hope us !!

Guru ji n all rimwebian

Bsnl ruim can work in my zte n919d mobile in evdo mode

Plz tell

BSNL CDMA works on any sim based or non-sim cdma handset. The attached prl works in non sim handsets with the below programming.

Pri ch A= 279 B=320 (latest prl 7 works on any channels, other prls use 279 for 1x voice and 320 for evdo rev 0)

Sec ch B= 384

NID/SID= 14499/65535

MIP type= Simple IP

PPP user= cdma, ppp pass= cdma, AAA= cdma

BSNL_evdo_1X_no_7.prl

BSNL_6.prl

BSNL_7_cdmaws.prl

Edited by dr.faramroze
added new prl
  • Like 7

Visited BSNL Karimabad, Surat... no sim available as of now... told me to visit next week... 2nd time... after talking to them I feel like I'm back in Congress Era...

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

In Ahmedabad I am going for CDMA cards the officer says

CDMA will close in 1or 2 months

So thets why not sale new cards.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Due to sudden high demand for BSNL CDMA sim cards, Karimabad branch lot gets exhausted every day. Varachha branch has CDMA cards. And if you can pick up from Navsari, then Fuwara CSC has regular supply of sim cards. Contact Parimal Prajapati at Fuwara CSC for a smooth experience.

@Vijaybhai, they give lame excuses like there is no cdma in BSNL, ruims are for WLL, we don't know how to activate the sims, data entry to sancharsoft not happening due to server error, cdma system closing from India etc etc. Please get it from another CSC or exchange. When I bought my first BSNL CDMA, it was ESN type and a bit older, within a month of demand, new cards are now MEID based with evdo active by default. BSNL has very good coverage across Gujarat and it is worth the effort.

Edited by dr.faramroze
query merged
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, dr.faramroze said:

Due to sudden high demand for BSNL CDMA sim cards, Karimabad branch lot gets exhausted every day. Varachha branch has CDMA cards. And if you can pick up from Navsari, then Fuwara CSC has regular supply of sim cards. Contact Parimal Prajapati at Fuwara CSC for a smooth experience.

@Vijaybhai, they give lame excuses like there is no cdma in BSNL, ruims are for WLL, we don't know how to activate the sims, data entry to sancharsoft not happening due to server error, cdma system closing from India etc etc. Please get it from another CSC or exchange. When I bought my first BSNL CDMA, it was ESN type and a bit older, within a month of demand, new cards are now MEID based with evdo active by default. BSNL has very good coverage across Gujarat and it is worth the effort.

As expected , Mera BSNL mahan hai . 

If BSNL doesnt make a new customer run around , sweat it out , discourage you to buy what you want becoz additional work will come then how will they prove themselves always . The most common excuse I have found is --- CDMA closed now only WLL is available and for that you have to buy handset which we dont have .  

• Like 1

Customer care aunties and uncles have been doing this since launch of cdma. Always giving lame excuses and divert customers to GSM 3G 😂.

Yes agreed with doctor. BSNL cdma is a worth the effort for coverage and speed at least in GJ and MH.

• Like 1