Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Any way to stop the default caller tune on Telenor

Whenever you call any Telenor number, the service provider penelize the caller by playing an ad "Unnatarso rupaye ke recharge me paiye unnatarso telenor to telenor seconds free....blah.. blah..." only after that it rings the phone on the other side.

Telenor is really inexpensive for calling. And I am interested in migrating one of my numbers to it. But the caller tune creates a cheap impression. I dont see why Telenor wants to make the caller hear its ad if he is not on the Telenor network.

Is there a way to stop the stupidity and cheapness ? If yes, I want to make one migration request from Idea to Telenor in Gujarat circle.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

The best option would be subscribing to a caller tune! 

Does subscribing to a caller tune really stop the ad ? Or maybe they plan the ad first then the caller tune.

4 hours ago, MOBILE FAN said:

Does subscribing to a caller tune really stop the ad ? Or maybe they plan the ad first then the caller tune.

Good question.. This activity is really cheap from the side of telenor.. So better NOT port to them and use other operator like say TataGSM or BSNL or Airtel.. Vodafone and idea is premium operator in Guj, as you are looking for cheap voice calls.. The above said 3 operators also have their own 3G network as well there..

In now days BSNL is to costly.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I compared Idea, Reliance GSM and Uninor prepaids in Gujarat circle.

There are many topups, recharges and schemes are available but I took only those which are meaningful and comparable. Here is the comprision

Idea : Topup recharges : Rs.210/Value 210, 310/310, 400/410, 550/560

Reliance Topup : 85/95, 200/210, 310/340, 510/560

Telenor Topup : 60/60, 128/150, 168/200, 358/410, 518/628

Reliance base rate : 2p/Sec Local, 2.5p/Sec STD

Telenor base rate : 1Re/min, 1.5 Rs/min

Here is the killer : 

Uninor : Tariff Voucher : Rs. 4 for 1p/Sec anywhere

Other tariff vouchers (All vouchers are compared on 28 days duration):

Idea : Rs.44 (any mobile anywhere 1p/sec for 50days), Rs 27 (1p/sec for 28days), Rs. 178 (1 GB 2G)

Reliance : Rs. 197 (300 min anywhere, then 50p/min, 1 GB), Rs. 49 (35p/min anywhere, Roaming free), Rs. 29 (29p/min anywhere), Rs. 149 (3GB 2G)

Telenor : Rs. 4 (1p/sec anywhere), Rs 12 (1p/2sec any local), Rs. 18 (30p/min STD, 1st min of the day 60p/min), Rs. 43(30p/min anywhere), Rs 97 (1 GB)

Vodafone and Airtel tariffs and topups are similar to Idea.

Clearly Telenor has the best topup value and tariff schemes. But it comes along with cheap ad play.

The 2nd best is the Reliance.

• Like 1