Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

same here. even they are writing IMEI of samsung handset on the CAF

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

1. Is the sim activated now and working?
2. Store people said sim will work only on the imei registered in caf and should tally with the imei used to generate bar code.
3. I got sim with moto x using moto x imei, reason was I was told that the same imei which has been used to generate Barcode should be provided otherwise will have problems.
can I activate and use it on some other handset?
4. Anyway using Samsung preview Jio sim in different 4g phone and still having unlimited data and voice?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I guess jio has started tally imei of the mobile along with code generating imei. So people who use it on non Samsung phones might end up with 2gb n 100 mins not unlimited. If the loop hole Vikrant suggested works use it asp before they plug it too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not have any 4g handset. I went there to enquire about lyf water 6.

I do not have any 4g handset. I went there to enquire about lyf water 6.

Ok

i used my lyf flame 6 to activate it as most asus smartphones can but still donot support volte.they have the capacity to support volte but it needs to be software enabled.soon there will be an update for it from asus they are working on it.use jio join app to make calls from asus smartphones

So a Samsung preview sim can be activated and used on a phone with a diff imei than what it was registered with.
I have generated bar code and also provided imei in the caf for my moto x verizon.
Now if I want to use it in a diff handset is it possible without using any other tweaks?
The unlimited plan remains the same?

I dont understand, how did you get the sim without a samsung handset? Here in Nagpur, the digital xpress guys wont give anyone a sim if you dont have a samsung phone with you.

Knew the Reliance Xpress guys

Sent from my NX518J using Tapatalk

Actually Xpress mini guys can give the Sims at their discretion. They just choose not to, afraid of any complications later on.
I get a sim from Mumbai today after clearly telling the guy it was for testing my imported phones on Jio and codes also generated from motorola phone

It seems different locations/people different requirement, I inquired at multiple Reliance Digital stores(not DX or DX Mini) for Samsung preview offer, Everyone asked for just code with photo + ID/Address proof. No Handset/IMEI fuss.  

Edited by @v@nit

OK, so I got the Jio SIM by generating the code with linked APK using a Sprint Galaxy S6 but obviously the LTE bands are different so SIM doesn't work on that handset.

Put sim in a different S6 and activated by calling 1977. Now I can use it in iphone and other 4G handsets and it shows 20-30 Mbps data speed.

Only problem is that it shows 2GB data balance (and 100min calls or such) so i tried many times to run my Jio apps on the sprint S6 while connected to hotspot of iphone 6 with Jio SIM and was able to create jio login/pass and then after many tries at one point i was able to click "avail this offer". But the balance still shows 2GB.

Any way to get it show unlimited (or 75GB) data balance etc. ??

OK, so I got the Jio SIM by generating the code with linked APK using a Sprint Galaxy S6 but obviously the LTE bands are different so SIM doesn't work on that handset.

Put sim in a different S6 and activated by calling 1977. Now I can use it in iphone and other 4G handsets and it shows 20-30 Mbps data speed.

Only problem is that it shows 2GB data balance (and 100min calls or such) so i tried many times to run my Jio apps on the sprint S6 while connected to hotspot of iphone 6 with Jio SIM and was able to create jio login/pass and then after many tries at one point i was able to click "avail this offer". But the balance still shows 2GB.

Once 2 GB over, you will be automatically given unlimited preview offer for 90 days.

Holly 2plus

Sprint Galaxy S6 supports Band 5,(850mhz) so you can use your JIO sim on Sprint S6.

Hi actually I m looking for a Jio sim,has any one managed to get a preview offer on iPhone 6/6s?

If not what can be done?

Check post 90 here, it works prefect

On 7/26/2016 at 7:30 PM, Vikrant Deore said:

1) Search for or google my jio app version 3.2.05 & install it.
2) Open it and Install all the jio app given in my jio using any data mobile or wifi
3) Restart your device.
4) Turn off your data and open my jio app. Don’t mind as it will show no data connection.
5) Press open link given at the right side MyJio.
6) You will see GET JIO SIM option
7) Press home button of your device and uninstall all jio app but don’t uninstall my jio.
8) Switch on your JIO LTE 4G internet and open my jio.
9) Press sign in. (If you don’t have sign up for the same)
10) Sign in and wait for few moment. A pop up will come out asking you to press submit to install 4 jio apps – play, demand, beats and money.
11) Press submit and it will automatically take you to play store where one after another you have to install the four app. Be careful not to disturb this process. you just have to press install and ok button.
12) As soon as you sucessfully install the apps your limited will get converted to 90 days preview offer.

I have done it on my asus zenfone selfie

try it

I tried Process but not got any Success,Not Getting any pop up mention in step 10 My data is Exhausted 

I am also trying to activate unlimited data for a friend, but always stuck in the step where the app forces me for an update. If I disable data to go to login screen, it is unable to login and always gives an error. Will try afresh tonight.

I am also trying to activate unlimited data for a friend, but always stuck in the step where the app forces me for an update. If I disable data to go to login screen, it is unable to login and always gives an error. Will try afresh tonight.

It does work
Enable data before clicking signing in
So close data
Open app
It shows sign in & sign up & get Jio or activate offer as per steps
Open net
Click sign in

19 hours ago, atishj said:

I tried Process but not got any Success,Not Getting any pop up mention in step 10 My data is Exhausted 

Its working,

Old version of my jio app, if someone requires.

https://goo.gl/vBtMXp

Edited by phonegeek
Method already mentioned
  • Like 1

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM, @v@nit said:

It seems different locations/people different requirement, I inquired at multiple Reliance Digital stores(not DX or DX Mini) for Samsung preview offer, Everyone asked for just code with photo + ID/Address proof. No Handset/IMEI fuss.  

Hi,

In which reliance store in bangalore? I   enquired in inorbit mall and phoniex mall reliance digital store, both denied for sim. They want to see phone in your hand.

Got a sim for a friend for a s7. They saw the phone and code and gave the sim waiting for activation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, sameer7186 said:

Hi,

In which reliance store in bangalore? I   enquired in inorbit mall and phoniex mall reliance digital store, both denied for sim. They want to see phone in your hand.

its obvious - borrow someones handset.;)

Hi I have a Samsung note 5 and a Redmi note 4g . I had to show my note 5 in Mumbai to obtain my sim . After doing this i am using the jio sim in my Redmi note 4g . No problems . All activations done on my note 5 after which i am using the active sim on my Redmi note 4g .

Unable to get the sim in Bangalore. They are asking for the samsung handset to be shown...

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk