Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Even activated JIO SIM does not work as secondary SIM, must be placed in SIM1 and set as primary SIM for Data. At least observed this behavior in RN3.

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Have you tried the second sim of the phone [in case of dual sim phone]..?

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, atishj said:

yes tried but no success

28 minutes ago, atishj said:

yes tried but no success

12 minutes ago, @v@nit said:

Even activated JIO SIM does not work as secondary SIM, must be placed in SIM1 and set as primary SIM for Data. At least observed this behavior in RN3.

I mean, after removing sim 1 and keeping sim2 (with jio sim) only open? In that case, the second imei will be used, imho..

By default the first sim works in 4g and second sim in 2g mode most operators suggest you to put the sim in first slot for good speed and connectivity. As Kanaga jee said try using jio sim only in second slot leaving first one empty might work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I mean, after removing sim 1 and keeping sim2 (with jio sim) only open? In that case, the second imei will be used, imho..

yes tried same , jio sim in second slot, and 1st slot blank

Guys .. Bad and good news .. Good, my local reatiler is providing the r jio without phone . bad part is that he is asking too much i.e 500. Thinking of waiting a bit more , may b reliance will provide free of cos soon .

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

yes tried same , jio sim in second slot, and 1st slot blank

Someone told me u can activate the sim(tele verification) via other sim too. Dailing the toll free number .. Not checked by myself so i am not sure . are u asking about activating the sim or activating the JPO ??

data alone can be activated via tollfree

if you need voice + data you need to dial 1977 from sim

Guys .. Bad and good news .. Good, my local reatiler is providing the r jio without phone . bad part is that he is asking too much i.e 500. Thinking of waiting a bit more , may b reliance will provide free of cos soon .

Most digital stores are giving jio sim for free for VoLTE enabled phones don't waste money the process is on if not will be wait for a day or two and get it free

data alone can be activated via tollfree

if you need voice + data you need to dial 1977 from sim

What about phones that doesnt support volte .. Can we activate data via tollfree then via join jio app call again to activate voice ??

Got another jio sim, using my sprint lg g4, lol the code had expired on 20th of Aug. Went to jio office and got the sim.
Got activation SMS with in 3 hra, but seem small their toll free and helpline numbers are down so can't activate as if now.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got another jio sim, using my sprint lg g4, lol the code had expired on 2016 Aug. Went to jio office and got the sim.
Hot activation SMS with in 3 hra, but seem small their toll free and helpline numbers are down so can't activate as if now.

Using code only or they insist to see phone also?

@joshmI got a sim using my Sprint Note 3 too yesterday. Still waiting for activation sms though.

Connection was activated after midnight, using in iPhone 6 plus, all working good

9 hours ago, joshm said:

Got another jio sim, using my sprint lg g4, lol the code had expired on 20th of Aug.

I have an unused code which expired on 12th August. You think it will work?

BTW, which Store in Delhi you got it from ?

^ You don't need the code any more. They are giving sims for any 4G handset under JPO Open Offer.

Screenshot_20160823-005215.png

• Like 2

^ You don't need the code any more. They are giving sims for any 4G handset under JPO Open Offer.

Location. Anybody here from rajasthan whot get jio sim without samsung phone ???

when r they starting porting for general people. In todays news papers there was an article whereby reliance ind has asked its corporate connection employees to port to Jio. 

The Reliance digital store in Kerala says that only LYF, Samsung 4G & LG 4G phone holders will get the free SIM with JIO Preview Offer. 

• Like 1

I have an unused code which expired on 12th August. You think it will work?

BTW, which Store in Delhi you got it from ?

It might work
I went to the reliance jio regional office in lawrence road Industrial area, above ICICI bank. Near britannia Chowk, just as the underpass ends on the left side.

There they don't ask many questions, you should keep your samsung or lg phone in hand, they ll give you a form, fill it and do all formalities and I the end they ll ask you for the code, just tell them verbally or take it written on a piece of paper.

Don't waste TIME with digital stores and mini stores, they are asking g too many questions and far too many Inquiries.

14 hours ago, sonnu.htc said:

Location. Anybody here from rajasthan whot get jio sim without samsung phone ???

Bangalore

Preview offer extended officially to ASUS and Panasonic Phones.

@dkaile

asuss.jpg

• Like 3

The important point to note here is that most of the phones in the list doesn't support VoLTE. Earlier Samsung and LG (obviously LYF as well) phones mostly with VoLTE support are given JPO. But after this Asus offer, I expect them to give JPO gradually to all 4G phones (even without VoLTE) officially.

Motorola, Lenovo and Xiaomi phone users are not allowed till now as mostly those phones are purchased online and those customers know well about JPO and hence there will be a heavy rush to the store once announced for them. Say if for the number of Samsung phones, the number of JPO claimed is less than 50% (yes, I have myself informed 5 of my relatives to use the JPO, about which they have NO idea till I inform them), then for Moto / Lenovo / Xiaomi it will be more than 90% for sure.

Giving JPO to all 4G phones is the sure shot way to beat the team AVoId, where it hurts them the most...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

I spoke to a friend who is a mobile dealer including Lyf to confirm this. He told me to bring an id and two photos to get a jio sim with no phone restrictions in Jaipur.