Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I have REDMI NCTE 3 I have tried to generate code unable to generate it.  Can any body help me..? 

I took a friend to get a jio sim. One store said sim was out of stock and told to check other stores. In other store the guy says they have stopped issuing sim to non listed phones for now as it exceeded the limit they expected any ideas about this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is unconfirmed news that Lyf handsets will get 1 year of data usage free. There may be monthly cap of 75 GB. 

Waiting for official news.

It seems the news might be true.
A friend bought a lyf handset today and he was told it will be free for an year, scheme launched yesterday only. Sim still not activated so cant confirm validity yet but will report as soon as the handset shows free data and calls validity.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sanjay0501 said:

It seems the news might be true.
A friend bought a lyf handset today and he was told it will be free for an year, scheme launched yesterday only. Sim still not activated so cant confirm validity yet but will report as soon as the handset shows free data and calls validity.

Plz update it as soon as u get to know and is it applicable to old buyers as well?

Plz update it as soon as u get to know and is it applicable to old buyers as well?

Reg earlier purchases, only time will tell as lots of confusion over Jio schemes, hence pls consider it applicable only when the my Jio app shows it.

Seems it is LYF handset clearance Sale Offer!;)

On 27/8/2016 at 7:26 PM, Deepak Shankar said:

I took a friend to get a jio sim. One store said sim was out of stock and told to check other stores. In other store the guy says they have stopped issuing sim to non listed phones for now as it exceeded the limit they expected any ideas about this?

Actually the demand exceeded their expectation and they have got too many applications - so temporarily they have stopped for few days just to clear pending activation/CAF processing as told by the Manager of Reliance Digital here.

In my area they said they are issuing 120 sims per day. So they are giving token and time to whoever goes for sim. Then you need to go in that particular slot and take the sim..I got a token for 2nd Sep...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am experiencing comperatively slow data speed since jio sim has been distributed free of cost to everyone. Anybody else also has observed this?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Same here, speed test shows it is fast but in normal browsing and download u can feel speed decreased alot... only late night, its better or u can say its like before, only at late night.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

It was expected but reports suggested otherwise ever since I got my sim the average speed 5-7mbps only seems the jio hype and craze is slowly dying down. Seems both brothers made a big mess in the name of 4g. If this is the state prior to commercial launch wonder what would it be after the launch

very low speeds , even late nights are really late when only night owls are awake 

I didn't find any issues with net speed but calling is big problem. When I try to make a call, most of the time I get message "Network is busy". Have to try 4-5 times before getting through. Even anybody calling me faces the same problem.

Seems the inter network fight is still on unable to call other networks always routes are busy

I didn't find any issues with net speed but calling is big problem. When I try to make a call, most of the time I get message "Network is busy". Have to try 4-5 times before getting through. Even anybody calling me faces the same problem.

That's the issue persisting from day one. Though things have been better in calling front. Just data speed has not been that fast in case of mine

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

That's due to very small amount of poi given by avoid group. It's a deliberate and desperate move by avoid group to give bad impression about jio services.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I picked up a Jio Sim with Lyf Water 8 in 24th Aug.
It still to get activated.
The contact person says too much loaded they are.
The minimum lead time is 8 days.
That's too much actually.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I was able to activate JIO unlimited preview offer on Le Eco Le 2 mobile. Below is my experience in activating same.

• Generated code on Le 2 using method suggested with old .apk file.
  • Got JIO sim from Reliance Digital ( Bangalore) after submitting required documents.
  • Received application submission request SMS in 2 hours and then tele-verification message within 2 hours and connection was ready  in next 30 mins for making/receiving calls as well as data.
  • I had some issue regarding activating JIO unlimited preview offer on Le 2 (tried all suggested methods as per Google but results was negative)
  • Called JIO Customer Care and raised a Service request with them on 27/Aug for JIO unlimited preview offer activation. Agent had collected information on Device Model, Serial No., IMEI1/IMEI2.
  • Called them again on 28/Aug (Sunday Afternoon) and received update that I need to finish 2GB default data and 6 hours after that JIO unlimited preview offer will be activated automatically, without any action from my side.
  • Again called then on 28/Aug (evening - within 6 hours of finishing 2GB data) and received information from agent that the JIO unlimited preview offer is available only on specified phones and not on all phones.
  • After talking to third Customer Service Agent lost hope of activating and left phone untouched.
  • Today morning (29/Aug) received SMS on phone updating that your JIO unlimited preview offer has been activated and when verified inside My JIO app can see the message with unlimited access till 26 Nov 2016.
  • Now Data & Calls are working without any issue.
  • Seems JIO is not restricting activation of JIO unlimited preview offer on specific handsets.
  • JIO unlimited preview offer can be activated from Back-end also in case of issue in activation through MYJIO app.

Edited by aeroamit
Removed default quote
  • Like 1

Is Volte working for you on Le 2 or do you have to to use jiojoin to make calls? I had it working earlier but now it has stopped working. If I don't use jiojoin, my number is out of coverage/switched off and can't be reached.The OS has the latest updates including Volte support.

And the unlimited offer was activated for me by logging into my jio using Skip option (using the number).

Edited by MVP

11 minutes ago, MVP said:

Is Volte working for you on Le 2 or do you have to to use jiojoin to make calls? I had it working earlier but now it has stopped working. If I don't use jiojoin, my number is out of coverage/switched off and can't be reached.The OS has the latest updates including Volte support.

And the unlimited offer was activated for me by logging into my jio using Skip option (using the number).

My Le2 is on the latest OS released. VoLTE is working for me as I get phone sign over HD and not installed JIOJoin app. All the calls are made directly using mobile call panel. No issue in terms of coverage or calling. Login to MYJIO app using skip option also did not activated the JIO preview offer.

Where you have got old.apk file

Plz suggest me

Edited by Sunil.ald

VOLTE works properly on Le 2. On latest update mumbai circle.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bigbyte said:

VOLTE works properly on Le 2.

13 hours ago, aeroamit said:

My Le2 is on the latest OS released. VoLTE is working for me as I get phone sign over HD and not installed JIOJoin app. All the calls are made directly using mobile call panel. No issue in terms of coverage or calling. Login to MYJIO app using skip option also did not activated the JIO preview offer.

Are you both using two SIMs on the phone or just the jio SIM ?

Edit: Nevermind, a simple reboot fixed it. Now have Volte.

Edited by MVP

I called up CC for problem connecting on other network. I was informed that they are aware of the issue and have approached TRAI for the same. Actually as mentioned by Kanaga, it is issue of AVoId, they are blocking the same.