Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I have a LYF flame handset and have completed 90 days, can i get an additional sim using the same phone?

I have a LYF flame handset and have completed 90 days, can i get an additional sim using the same phone?

You will get the free validity extended...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

My validity was extended after the 3 months were over. And now that extended validity is also over, and the sim isnt working anymore. It says balance exhausted, but wont let me do any recharges as it keeps saying you are on a monthly renewal plan.

Oh and btw... Jio is going official I guess. 50Rs/Gb is what I read.

My validity was extended after the 3 months were over. And now that extended validity is also over, and the sim isnt working anymore. It says balance exhausted, but wont let me do any recharges as it keeps saying you are on a monthly renewal plan.

Oh and btw... Jio is going official I guess. 50Rs/Gb is what I read.

Don't worry Mr Ambani just announced jio is free for all till December 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I want to know if Jio sim can be used only in 4G phones, or can it be used in a dumb phone too. Obviously only for voice calling. I want to get a sim for my Dad.

I want to know if Jio sim can be used only in 4G phones, or can it be used in a dumb phone too. Obviously only for voice calling. I want to get a sim for my Dad.

For voice, you need a VoLTE enabled 4G handset though data will work on any 4G handset starting from 5th Sept.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ashishsethi said:

Yes ONLY 4G (LTE) - specially look for LTE Band 3,5&40 support in the handset with VoLTE too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

You will get the free validity extended...

I need an additional sim apart from this, i have oneplus one so thought of using this phone

My device Oneplus one is not listed in the supported devices list so..

I need an additional sim apart from this, i have oneplus one so thought of using this phone

Starting September 5th jio sim is available to all 4g mobiles so you can get one for one plus one without any issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can we now port our existing numbers to Jio?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, h1ghlander said:

Any body can take a sim from 5th September onward (Officially) and use all services (Call, sms, data etc.) for free till 31st December. Charges will imply from 1st January 2017.

SIM can be ONLY used in a 4G/LTE mobile handset and will not work on 3G or 2G. Also check if your phone supports LTE Band 3,5 & 40 - since these are the Bands used by Jio. For direct calling the handset should support VoLTE else you will have to download Jio join App for calling and SMS.

Edited by LTE4G

For Jio join to work, you must buy Jio MiFi router.

Yesterday tried to get one SIM for wife. But couldn't get it. In fact, they have started token system that is distributed every Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, csmart said:

Yesterday tried to get one SIM for wife. But couldn't get it. In fact, they have started token system that is distributed every Wednesday.

Which Area ?

Token system was already there since last 15 days - Token with time slot were being issued during 11 AM to 12:30 and later one had to visit during the respective time slab as mentioned in the token to fill the CAF and collect SIM. There after the Sim gets activated after approx 7 - 10 days when you receive SMS from Jio asking for tele-verification.

But the Reliance Digital I visited stopped issuing token for few days (Till 3rd Sep) since the per day quota exceeded on 25th as it was holiday and the crowd insisted.

Not necessary, afaik. If you are using Jio sim on non volte 4g phone, use can use jio join app to make calls using the jio 4g data on the phone.

Any body can take a sim from 5th September onward (Officially) and use all services (Call, sms, data etc.) for free till 31st December. Charges will imply from 1st January 2017.

SIM can be ONLY used in a 4G/LTE mobile handset and will not work on 3G or 2G. Also check if your phone supports LTE Band 3,5 & 40 - since these are the Bands used by Jio. For direct calling the handset should support VoLTE else you will have to download Jio join App for calling and SMS.

the data is capped to 4gb per day. so will this capping come in force for lyf / samsung handsets / JioFi too, if bought after 05th.

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

Not necessary, afaik. If you are using Jio sim on non volte 4g phone, use can use jio join app to make calls using the jio 4g data on the phone.

Oh..Thanks KD ji for the correction..

Deleted...

Edited by csmart
Irrelevant to topic so removed

Guys anyone got an idea about working apn settings for the jio , strangely despite trying all permutations and combinations of apn settings , I have not been able to get data on my lg G4 sprint ,
I know there is no volte in this phone but data should have been working ,
Anyone got any idea ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, aalok said:

the data is capped to 4gb per day. so will this capping come in force for lyf / samsung handsets / JioFi too, if bought after 05th.

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

After Sep 05, all JPO customers will be migrated to Welcome offer automatically...

19 hours ago, maniac8828 said:

Can we now port our existing numbers to Jio?

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Yes after Sep 05...

3 hours ago, joshm said:

Guys anyone got an idea about working apn settings for the jio , strangely despite trying all permutations and combinations of apn settings , I have not been able to get data on my lg G4 sprint ,
I know there is no volte in this phone but data should have been working ,
Anyone got any idea ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APN is "jionet".

Leave everything else blank.

Jio join need Jio sim I'm phone, that's all. Jio join when I tried on Yureka, it was lagging a lot.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, kshah said:

Jio join need Jio sim I'm phone, that's all. Jio join when I tried on Yureka, it was lagging a lot.

Exactly... Jio Join can never be used for primary calling purposes in most phones (even with 2GB RAM).. The only phone I have tried with decent Jio-Join experience was OnePlus2.. Even my Vibe P1 struggled a lot.. One more thing, enable GPS to get decent call experience using Jio-Join.. A weird fact, from my experiments..

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Exactly... Jio Join can never be used for primary calling purposes in most phones (even with 2GB RAM).. The only phone I have tried with decent Jio-Join experience was OnePlus2.. Even my Vibe P1 struggled a lot.. One more thing, enable GPS to get decent call experience using Jio-Join.. A weird fact, from my experiments..

Means they are collecting location data. And God only knows what else. 

Who is not collecting location data these days? Privacy is concept of past. How much ever we wish, using smart phone means all your data is somewhere up for sale including contact details

If Jio join fail IMO tough time for Jio for year or so - by the time range of voLTE phones are available.
  • Like 1