Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vishalgupta171

JIO SIM WITHOUT LYF HANDSET

hi friends m sure many of u r luking forward to this

i hav got many jio sim but its not working with any other mobile other than lyf 

plz guide someone how to enable this on every phone

thanxxxx

It wont work since there is an IMEI check. Only the LYF handset's IMEI is accepted. I dont think there is anything you can do about this (ofc legally). 

3 hours ago, vishalgupta171 said:

hi friends m sure many of u r luking forward to this

i hav got many jio sim but its not working with any other mobile other than lyf 

plz guide someone how to enable this on every phone

thanxxxx

If you agree to gift a few sims, members can help you ;)

• Like 2

It will not work with any other phone..Its locked to the IMEI of the purchased lyf device

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

20days before preview offer sim used to work in any LYF phone.  But JIO changed it 20days back.  Now the lyf phone is attached that purticular Preview sim if you change another LYF phone it is not working.  This is what I observe.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guru Gopal said:

20days before preview offer sim used to work in any LYF phone.  But JIO changed it 20days back.  Now the lyf phone is attached that purticular Preview sim if you change another LYF phone it is not working.  This is what I observe.  

HA HA... I see what they (RJio) did there...

11 hours ago, Guru Gopal said:

I was told by a reliance store guy that when a connection is taken a base pack is automatically added like 100mins talk time, 100sms and 2gb data. Apart from this for lyf owners they activate another unlimited pack is also activated. The base pack could be used with any phone but the unlimited pack works only with the phone we bought.

1 hour ago, nibin said:

I was told by a reliance store guy that when a connection is taken a base pack is automatically added like 100mins talk time, 100sms and 2gb data. Apart from this for lyf owners they activate another unlimited pack is also activated. The base pack could be used with any phone but the unlimited pack works only with the phone we bought.

Yes. In my case the unlimited plan was activated 2 days after the base pack. Usage is first charged against the base pack and then against unlimited pack.