Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sanju_barc

Unique issue in porting from Rcdma to Vodafone

Hello friends

I am trapped in a weird type of issue while porting to Vodafone from Rcdma.

Actually I got ported to Vodafone and my number activated on 10.06.16 but later on, got repeated sms that vodafone is unable to verify my address and to submit the documents again to vodafone store. Did the same, but again they are unable to trace my addres. Now they have disconnected my number from server for the same reason. Meanwhile, I GENERATED UPC from Vodafone (only offer 10 days of porting)

Now I want to shift to other operator as it seems that vodafone is not interested in verifying my address.

Please comment. Need You valuable suggestions

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

You can't move to yet another operator via MNP before 90 days... Your only option now is submitting proof to the showroom again and try complaining on pgportal as well

• Like 1

I had written to Nodal officer-Vodafone 3 days back. Today, I got a reply to take necessary action about physical verification. Also, my number got activated. But they may suspend it again, if they fail to verify my address.

Actually, when I contacted 119( CC Vodafone) for number activation, Came to know that Systematic Knowledge System(SKS) Pvt Ltd is mentioned as my 3rd address. Actually, this SKS pvt ltd (Mr Praveen, as Vodafone employee) had come to receive the documents at my house for porting to Vodafone). Mrs. Anuja (75063515808) was the lady representative who explained the plan saying my number will be ported max within 7 working days. But it did not happen, and they started ignoring my call/sms. Visited Vodafone Store also, but they said, they can help and suggested to contact SMS Pvt Ltd. After 13 days of document submission to Vodafone, I got worried as SKS Pvt Ltd was not responding my Calls/SMS. I wrote a sms to Mrs. Anuja (75063515808) that Activate my number by today or return my documents, otherwise I will file FIR as fraud against you/ SKS Pvt Ltd . To my surprise, My number activated within an hour. When they were not responding my calls, I searched on the web about this company. Found a lots of people trapped(LINK.-   ,http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/vodafone-postpaid-l16783.html).

I feel, they are behind this address verification issue, and troubling me. Have already reported all this to Nodal officer via email. Hope everything will be fine in future.

@kanagadeepanji I am upgrade my 4g sim and after upgrade i done MNP for 2 numbers.

One was ported in to bsnl and one was in tata docomo

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

@drmadhu ji.. 4G upgrade of RCom is not exactly MNP and more like INP and so you have escaped from them.. But still they can fake that its actually MNP and NOT allowing people to move from their network.. To avoid all such issues, its better to get UPC code when using CDMA network itself, especially if that number is primary one..

In Kolhapur, Maharashtra, I also faced this problem with phone number ported from tata docomo to Vodafone. Number was activated & was deactivated as address was not found by Vodafone employee. Lost a valuable no. for 90 days & then reactivated it again with Tata Docomo. Hats off to Tata Docomo, which verified address & activated number within 2 hours after allotting sim.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drshreenivaas said:

In Kolhapur, Maharashtra, I also faced this problem with phone number ported from tata docomo to Vodafone. Number was activated & was deactivated as address was not found by Vodafone employee. Lost a valuable no. for 90 days & then reactivated it again with Tata Docomo. Hats off to Tata Docomo, which verified address & activated number within 2 hours after allotting sim.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

So its better to avoid Vodafone for porting, especially if its a primary number..

• Like 1

Ported to Vodafone on 23rd June. All required verification done. No such issues faced.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Write to sunil.sood@vodafone.com and vittorio.colao@vodafone.com copying the nodal and appellate team.

Edited by coolblue
Typo error

Finally verification was done telephonically. No physical verification. This could be possible after intervention of nodal officer.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

All the networks have theirown share of disadvantages and pain associated with them. Take utmot cate before taking a port out request in hurry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

But from my friends experience, Vodafone is the most rude one wrt MNP. They never allow to port out from their network once you get in from other network. They don't care about customer losing number during porting.

I am using corporate postpaid connections in Airtel. My friend has same in Vodafone network. He wanted to move to Airtel. They never allowed him to port out saying all possible lies ever known. The best one is, 'corporate customers can never port out as part of agreement' -- wtf?? Actually I ported out all my corporate connections to Airtel from Tata earlier. They told him to move to normal retail postpaid connection [so that he may not port out for 3 more months] which has more sh!tty plans and then only can port out to other network. Bunch of liars and greedy people.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1