Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Kalaichelvi

Water 5 handset reviews

Hi Gurus , 

i am planning to buy  LYF WATER 5 handset. Its priced for 7599 and looks attractive enough along with the JIO deal.

Is there any one using the phone ? .. can you please share the general feedback . How about the performance and battery life ?

• Like 1

It looks good and has better 2920mAh battery (good for 5" 720p display). But only one thing is troubling me in suggesting it. The initial price of the phone was Rs11700/- But recently its price was cut drastically to Rs7500/- That is a HUGE price-cut..Looks like there are some issues in that phone, otherwise there is no need for such price cut, imho. It has NO microSD slot and storage is limited to 16GB. But the persons who have actually used it can give accurate suggestion.

If you can get Wind4, go for it.. Wind 4 also has 5" 720p display, but with still bigger 4000mAh battery. Its much better than Water 5, except may be camera.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

It looks good and has better 2920mAh battery (good for 5" 720p display). But only one thing is troubling me in suggesting it. The initial price of the phone was Rs11700/- But recently its price was cut drastically to Rs7500/- That is a HUGE price-cut..Looks like there are some issues in that phone, otherwise there is no need for such price cut, imho. It has NO microSD slot and storage is limited to 16GB. But the persons who have actually used it can give accurate suggestion.

If you can get Wind4, go for it.. Wind 4 also has 5" 720p display, but with still bigger 4000mAh battery. Its much better than Water 5, except may be camera.

Hi KanagaDeepan, 

Thanks for your feedback. Even the only thing that i suspect was the price drop. But a 2 years warranty in top of the phone , do i have to really worry about any issues. ?

I guess its a hybrid dual sim , so using memory card depends on whether i use it as a single sim phone or dual sim one ?

Any idea it support Qualcomm fast charging ?

How does LFY warranty works ? .. They repair the devices or replace them ? .. 

I am attracted towards Wind 4 . However Snapdragon 210 and 1GB RAM is stopping me from going for it.  I need a minimum of 2 GB RAM as i enable encryption on the device , a blackberry lover so cant live without encryption :p. 

wind 4 is OOS everywhere.. tried RD, RDE, retailers, etc. sellers on e-commerce sites are charging premium.. still unsure about jio sim process post buying any lyf handset from any etailers..

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

Hi KanagaDeepan, 

Thanks for your feedback. Even the only thing that i suspect was the price drop. But a 2 years warranty in top of the phone , do i have to really worry about any issues. ?

I guess its a hybrid dual sim , so using memory card depends on whether i use it as a single sim phone or dual sim one ?

Any idea it support Qualcomm fast charging ?

How does LFY warranty works ? .. They repair the devices or replace them ? .. 

I am attracted towards Wind 4 . However Snapdragon 210 and 1GB RAM is stopping me from going for it.  I need a minimum of 2 GB RAM as i enable encryption on the device , a blackberry lover so cant live without encryption :P

According to their official my LYF dot com website, it has no hybrid or memory card slot.

Even the high end earth and water phones doesn't have fast charging enabled. The given charger is a slow one and I tried my fast charger as well.

The wind 4 even though is having sd210, it performs good if we disable jio bloat. But if you want full device encryption, then go for earth series, IMHO. No use in looking for sub 10k LYF phones. I am using water 1 for more than 6 months [as hotspot mostly], it's performance is good and always have 50% free RAM, if we disable jio bloat. But still performance may not be same after enabling full device encryption.

Either you forget full device encryption or look into earth series phones [come with 3GB RAM], IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

wind 4 is OOS everywhere.. tried RD, RDE, retailers, etc. sellers on e-commerce sites are charging premium.. still unsure about jio sim process post buying any lyf handset from any etailers..

Did you check THE MOBILE STORE.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

wind 4 comes with 2amp charger out of box, it charges so quick.

btw, i did twrp myself for wind 4. most things work, need to fix few things. backup works great, restore works great. 

IMG-20160713-WA0012.jpg (2).jpeg

• Like 3

Did you check THE MOBILE STORE.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ji dr. sir.. those who have are charging 2k premium..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aalok said:

ji dr. sir.. those who have are charging 2k premium..

hmmm... there are still few pieces available in delhi ( i found out by having a peek in their inventory software ), one being at THE MOBILE STORE in sarita vihar , at southern delhi, also available at Malviya nagar store too.

If you were in delhi you could get one but as the circle is diff seems its not feasible.

Why not wait and see , as they might launch a wind 4 plus model soon.

EDIT : I also heard that MOBILITY stores are also selling the LYF handsets with JIO offer

One more option would be to mail Jio via their site by filling the form , you ll get an invitation code via mail, take a print of it.

Buy wind 4 from amazon @ 7499 ,  , take this handset along with the invite code to any jio store and you ll get the offer sim :)

http://www.amazon.in/LYF-LS-5014-WIND-4/dp/B01GCWYNGG

Edited by joshm