Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Here is New news which not Digest......

A unauthorized News from Web store guy That After merger with Aircel ..... Room will Be AIRCOM..:o

AIRCOM or may be AIREL ? :P

• Like 1

ReCel.. I mean sell it again back to Mukesh Ambani, later...

• Like 1

here in Lucknow, Aircel network is not there while doing manual search. Reliance & RCOM - UPE along with others.

tapatalked using htc 816ds..

Naam kucch bhi ho.. RCOM matlab gatiya service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mywebid said:

Naam kucch bhi ho.. RCOM matlab gatiya service.

Service is OK but pricing is not OK.

Edited by LTE4G

50 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Service is OK but pricing is not OK.

Even service is not OK.

12 minutes ago, commonman said:

Even service is not OK.

I have been using CDMA since 2003 continuously and was quite satisfied with the coverage locally and while roaming too.

After upgrade now I find 4G signal also quite strong even indoors (in Mumbai - not yet used in roaming - but should be same if they are using the same CDMA towers & band for 4G) and though satisfied with the network coverage but still SHOCKED with the data pricing and don't know about my .50p lifetime plan - whether it will be same or not (Since after ₹97 recharge my plan changed to .02p/sec for 6 months - so, can only check after 6 months regarding my base plan.)

B)

Edited by LTE4G

@LTE4G

4G network seems to be OK in Kolkata also. But the problem is, for voice call it switches to 2G, which is beyond pathetic. 

• Like 1

I have been using CDMA since 2003 continuously and was quite satisfied with the coverage locally and while roaming too.

After upgrade now I find 4G signal also quite strong even indoors (in Mumbai - not yet used in roaming - but should be same if they are using the same CDMA towers & band for 4G) and though satisfied with the network coverage but still SHOCKED with the data pricing and don't know about my .50p lifetime plan - whether it will be same or not (Since after ₹97 recharge my plan changed to .02p/sec for 6 months - so, can only check after 6 months regarding my base plan.)

B)

You must be among select few people who get good network after upgrade even with full signal I am unable to make calls and lots of people complain saying my number is not reachable. With hope of cdma continuing I recharged my number now balance hanging in balance if this continues no scope but to port out donating balance to reliance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, commonman said:

@LTE4G

4G network seems to be OK in Kolkata also. But the problem is, for voice call it switches to 2G, which is beyond pathetic. 

Reliance 2G/3G really s**ks - I am hoping that soon Rcom will also be using VoLTE since the towers are capable of VoLTE, since the same network is providing service to Jio with VoLTE. (Reason why rcom has kept 3G data and 4G data pool separately)

26 minutes ago, Deepak Shankar said:

You must be among select few people who get good network after upgrade even with full signal I am unable to make calls and lots of people complain saying my number is not reachable. With hope of cdma continuing I recharged my number now balance hanging in balance if this continues no scope but to port out donating balance to reliance

Even I had problem during migration from 12th May to approx. 14 July and now things seems settled after really horrified experience (After migration and activation suddenly my number got deactivated after few days - became unreachable - out of service etc. All kind of wierd things happened)

My primary number is Vodafone, but it is really pathetic for people who were using CDMA as primary number.

Edited by LTE4G

Lol post the so called migration when I dialled my number I was asked to check the number I dialled till now after about 2 weeks after migration people hear networks not reachable out of service I have another week time to check if it stabilises else port out is the only choice

In Kolkata Rcom gsm is just average. However in suburbs like my place, Barrackpore Rcom 3G works pretty fine. On fine days I get max 9Mbps.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, inception said:

In Kolkata Rcom gsm is just average. However in suburbs like my place, Barrackpore Rcom 3G works pretty fine. On fine days I get max 9Mbps.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

9Mbps is - Very good indeed ! :D

Choorcom

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

On 11/14/2016 at 9:21 PM, ngsonda said:

That's why I used to say the expansion for RTN is Reliable Thou NAHI...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

23 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I guess RCOM/Aircel is gone case ...

in last few months most of the high paid user have switched out of RCOM.

Combined entity(when ever they combine) may very well be behind Jio in terms of active subscribers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

I guess RCOM/Aircel is gone case ...

in last few months most of the high paid user have switched out of RCOM.

Combined entity(when ever they combine) may very well be behind Jio in terms of active subscribers...

In India still 80% of subscribers primarily use mobile for voice calls. Below is the excerpts from the full article Here.

"By the end of 2015, India had just 3 million 4G connections which is expected to increase to 280 million by 2020, the report said.

In India, 2G connection base remains the highest with over 800 million connections as of 2016, while 3G has around 200 million connections in the same year. The 2G base is expected to fall to around 670 million by 2020, while 3G is projected to have over 350 million connections by that time. As pointed earlier, mobile broadband (3G and 4G) will account for under 50% of total connections in India by 2020."

So 2G if not 3G is still dominating the mobile market in India for few more years. 4G is attracting medium to heavy data user only if it is cheaper.

Indian user's priorities are as follows

1. Quantity (more data),

2. Coverage (good roaming coverage),

2. Price (economy),

3. Speed (may not be fastest but good appreciable speed is desired).

So I think it would be too early to remark Aircel (combined entity) as "gone case".

Dominance of 2G is the main reason why AVOID are still rigid in their 2G/3G throat cutting pricing.

Edited by LTE4G

I think, what @SUDYEcaZ said is 100% correct. Everybody here in Rimweb knows about ChorCom. It has already lost 2G-GSM license in RoWB, Assam, NE, Orissa and from Sep this year Gujarat as well. Till now, they have survived using the CDMA spectrum and fibre + tower infra, both of which are brain-child of MDA era and ChoRCom did almost nothing after MDA left RIM / CDMA Reliance. Now we all know that most of those CDMA spectrum (75% sold to MDA after liberalisation for 4G LTE) and fibre + tower infra (51%) are sold out. Already their most high end customers moved away to AVoId and Jio, mainly due to the way they handled the CDMA to 4G transition. So let us see the one in other tent, the Aircel.

Our TN is the strongest circle of Aircel and even here in my home town, I am seeing hundreds of port outs from Aircel to Airtel or Vodafone or Jio every week. So NO points for guessing the situations in their other circles. Aircel always used to be lazybones when it comes to spectrum utilisation, ask the people in Kerala, where it has 3G license, but almost NO 3G coverage, except in few TN border cities. They have scaled down to almost ZERO in circles like Gujarat, Haryana, MP+CG, UP(W), Kerala and they are LAST in AP, Maharashtra, Mumbai, Karnataka, Punjab as well. Here the beauty is, among these circles, Aircel has 3G spectrum in Kerala, AP, Karnataka, Punjab. They are just wasting their precious spectrum.

The survival situation of Aircel and ChoRCom combo is like brand new MISSION IMPOSSIBLE movie. But here, instead of Great action Hero(s), the starrers are STUPID + CRAZY + LAZY + GOOD FOR NOTHING comedians.

12 hours ago, LTE4G said:

In India still 80% of subscribers primarily use mobile for voice calls. Below is the excerpts from the full article Here.

"By the end of 2015, India had just 3 million 4G connections which is expected to increase to 280 million by 2020, the report said.

In India, 2G connection base remains the highest with over 800 million connections as of 2016, while 3G has around 200 million connections in the same year. The 2G base is expected to fall to around 670 million by 2020, while 3G is projected to have over 350 million connections by that time. As pointed earlier, mobile broadband (3G and 4G) will account for under 50% of total connections in India by 2020."

So 2G if not 3G is still dominating the mobile market in India for few more years. 4G is attracting medium to heavy data user only if it is cheaper.

Indian user's priorities are as follows

1. Quantity (more data),

2. Coverage (good roaming coverage),

2. Price (economy),

3. Speed (may not be fastest but good appreciable speed is desired).

So I think it would be too early to remark Aircel (combined entity) as "gone case".

Dominance of 2G is the main reason why AVOID are still rigid in their 2G/3G throat cutting pricing.

I agree that market has been dominant by 2G users...

now lets see the facts 

by END of 2015 - 3 Million 4G user

Reports says 2017 End around 50 Million 4G users, fact is Mid 2017 Jio itself have 100 Million 4G users, plus AVOID numbers 

with introduction of feature 4G phones (which Jio is expected to launch). 4G base is expected to grow exponentially (it may be almost double of what article predicts by 2020)

Now coming to Voice users....it is past....with Voice becoming free(mature market already have free voice), who will stick to Voice only. next upgrade will be either to feature phones or smart phones. Many countries are now closing 2G...(Singapore already closed, Australia - largest telco have closed others have announced by Sep 2017). Even indian Telcos will have to close 2G at some point so as to utilize spectrum in efficient way. Telco wants profit. 2G only is not profitable with ARPU on the lowest side. 

In terms of Coverage/Speed/Quantity ...AVOID is far better than RCOM/AIRCEL. 

Not to mention about customer services which is almost non existence for RCOM 

Plus not to forget the low quality of users on RCOM/AIRCEL, huge debt, reducing subscriber, increasing losses, No funds for expansion, 800Mhz of RCOM near its expiry. I dont see RCOM/AIRCEL surviving in this market 

Just to give u some more inside

• RCOM had 100 Million customer on Dec15, with VLR around 91%..Close to 91 Million active users
  • as of Dec16 RCOM is having 86Million with VLR around 85%...close to 73 Million active users(may have further reduced in Jan-Dec due to onslaught from Jio/Matching offers from AVOID)
  • Stock price of RCOM hovering around 33 today. which is near to its all time low(Gives u a fair bit of idea that even experts are not buying RCOM story) 
  • RCOM most profitable users were EVDO Data card users..(they are gone now), User looking for Data have moved to Jio, for 2G only service why should one stick to RCOM?? For user with low usage 20-60Rs default rates are same across all Telco's. 
  • No international roaming on prepaid, frequent unwanted deductions, messy vouchers(advertise something but actual benefits does not match). Check any online forum you will see people calling CHORCOM...

Edited by SUDYEcaZ
  • Like 1

@SUDYEcaZ I do agree with you but I just said that it is too early to comment on Airtel (combined entity) as "gone case".

They must be planning something for their survival & no doubt it is difficult to compete in 4G with the dominance of Jio and their aggressive plans. So their strategy might be to tap 2G or 3G segment which is a big chunk too (reason Jio introducing 4G feature phone).

No doubt, Jio has become the first choice for 4G handset users but majority of Indian population is still having either 2G/3G handsets & are not interested in investing in to new 4G handset.

FYI all Labour/worker class & Auto rickshaw/taxi/truck drivers etc. use their phones for listening to songs & watching movies, but they do not download from Internet instead get it loaded from small vendors/kiosk for mere ₹5 - ₹10 only. Neither they have time to surf Internet nor they are interested in doing so. Similarly in Bihar, UP, and Jharkhand single person have taken 10 Jio Sims just to watch YouTube for free and have not recharged with anything. So the actual active users and total number of subscriptions vary in practicality. Even Jio reported that only 72 million have taken Jio Prime. Out of which very small numbers (Genuine users) actually did the ₹149/- or ₹303/- while others were waiting for some new free offer. This was the reason Mukesh Ambani threw "Summer Surprise" with compulsory ₹303/- minimum & also "Dhan Dhana Dhan" with compulsory ₹408/- Recharge to increase his collection by way of at least ₹100/- per month and retaining some more users for some more months. Otherwise his active user base would have dropped drastically & criticism would have affected Jio share value.

All said & done, I still agree that things are changing in leaps and bounds so actual situation might be totally different from what we are assuming today.

Edited by LTE4G