Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
brijeshs

JioLink Indoor WiFi CPE from Reliance Jio - Preview offer available

5 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

On an average most of us pay anything between 1k-1.5k pm for broadband based on our plan given its free for 90 days and added benefit you get 4K is still a good price and if the news about refundable deposit is true even if you get back a portion it is still worth it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the money will be refunded only after 90 days of commercial launch and not after preview offer is over. So one has to further continue for 90 days with commercial services before one can opt out. There must be some catch which purchaser should clarify or read the security deposit refund terms properly. Because normally some amount gets deducted (30% or 50% or 10% etc.) if you apply for refund before the days specified in terms.

• Like 1

I think the money will be refunded only after 90 days of commercial launch and not after preview offer is over. So one has to further continue for 90 days with commercial services before one can opt out. There must be some catch which purchaser should clarify or read the security deposit refund terms properly. Because normally some amount gets deducted (30% or 50% or 10% etc.) if you apply for refund before the days specified in terms.

Exactly my point though it's on a pilot project and testing I don't think the company will refund the entire cost it should be prorated mostly. If you don't like services and return within so many days you get this much so on so forth. But still 4K is a decent price considering 90 days free period cost of Cpe n installation

I agree there has to be some catch in it for them. Else they do not gain anything from it.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

How do i register or how can i get this offer in Bangalore, is there any link?

Bad news....idiots resceduled the installation to next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No news from Jio guys. F***ing people also not picking up their phones...

Waiting for soft launch no news about it yet in Bangalore

Jio Link project is on hold as per my friend who is working. With the Jio Link, later there will be a set top box bundled so you can watch TV based on your subscription.

Jio Link project is on hold as per my friend who is working. With the Jio Link, later there will be a set top box bundled so you can watch TV based on your subscription.

How much delay are we looking at already there was a considerable delay in jio launch. The current functioning of jio in terms of activation customer service etc ain't good I hope they don't delay too much

They have even launched the Gigabit Fibre broadband in pilot phase and few areas. The speeds seems to be good. Unfortunately nothing in my area, no jio link no Giga fiber internet.

speeds are always good in pilot. Real test comes only when its widely launched.

• Like 2

I hope by so called commercial launch on Jan 2017 they get rid of all issues and launch all or at least a few of their projects

The launch may get delayed to end of March as per updates .

hi, can any one say the terms of this product

is it out right or does it not comes with sale tag

hi, can any one say the terms of this product

is it out right or does it not comes with sale tag

Not yet out in the market still under testing details awaited

Update Update..

At last the installation is done at my place and the connection is up and running.

Speedtest shows speed of 30-40 Mbps but opening a website or watching a online video is slow. Download as always is capped.

Installation Cost : 2500 non refundable.

Wil click some pics of the CPE and share the same.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:24 AM, yanky1586 said:

Update Update..

At last the installation is done at my place and the connection is up and running.

Speedtest shows speed of 30-40 Mbps but opening a website or watching a online video is slow. Download as always is capped.

Installation Cost : 2500 non refundable.

Wil click some pics of the CPE and share the same.

Please post some pics and share more details regarding the same. Also a review, as its surprising to hear the speeds are slow for browsing or streaming videos.

I was having some signal issues at ground floor in my place so the Jio network engineer just reached out to me. They want to install a small cell site at my house and want to check feasibility of the same. Anyone has got such a setup done. They said they will make an agreement and also pay for the electricity charges.  I have no prior experience and knowledge on this. If anyone has gone for the same or has an update on this please share.  I do not know if i should go for the same. The only advantage i see is that signal would improve in my house.

On 8/24/2016 at 8:48 AM, balac_m said:

The piloting process for jio link is happening in few selected areas. They will update soon..

image.jpeg

Please share latest development.

Also share experience in last 1 year

I have JioLink connection in my home for more than a year.

I am ALWAYS getting minimum 25+Mbps speed as Jio tower is just less than 50m away from my home and is in clear line of sight.

Jio is giving 4GB per day for last one year. Sometimes it gives 8GB per day for few months, for no apparent reason, as seen in MyJio app. Now its back to 4GB per day.

It is a postpaid connection. But still now NO plan is introduced and Jio is still giving FREE service only, even though the connection is more than 13 months old. I don't know what Jio is thinking??

Jio is providing JioLink connections in cities / places where JioFiber is NOT coming for few years, afaik.

Further there is a limitation (4 or 6) on total Jio Links connected to a tower based on congestion in the tower.

Further they are NOT giving JioLink connection, if speed of Jio4G in open area is less than 20Mbps (I got 30+Mbps at the time of launch), the min speed requirement is now reduced to 10Mbps. Not sure but some Jio staff informed me.

Last update is, Jio has stopped giving JioLink here in Sivakasi (NOT sure about other towns), as per orders from head office. Still they have NO idea about the paid plans or even the commercial launch.

Hope, this helps. If anyone have some more doubts, please ask me here. Thanks....

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1