Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
d_d

Call transfer not working after conversion to 4G

Call transfer does not seem to be working after conversion of CDMA to 4G.  Unfortunately the 2G signal is poor, and I am getting so many SMSes due to missed calls. The call transfer I had setup before the conversion disappeared after the conversion. And now when i try setting call transfer, I get the comment: "Please check the number you have dialled." My circle is Kerala.

Or is there any other way to set up call transfer? I had tried *303 followed by the number. 

If you are interested in calls and sms only then try selecting Tata/aircel as applicable, manually. Hopefully it would help you with signal strength.

On 31 July 2016 at 2:08 PM, uhm said:

If you are interested in calls and sms only then try selecting Tata/aircel as applicable, manually. Hopefully it would help you with signal strength.

Thank you for your suggestion, I am hoping that after CDMA closes down and 4G is activated, signal strengths will improve.

I had complained to customercare@relianceada.com and I got a reply: "Kindly note that, call forwarding is an handset feature,can be activate and deactivate call through Handset only."

Is that right? That means call first comes to handset, and then is transferred to the other number?

Earlier, I used to dial *303 in Chorcom for Not Reachable-no Call Divert. Then calls used to get transferred without reaching handset. Anyway that feature is now removed.

Totally useless "Customercare".

I had complained to customercare@relianceada.com and I got a reply: "Kindly note that, call forwarding is an handset feature,can be activate and deactivate call through Handset only."

Is that right? That means call first comes to handset, and then is transferred to the other number?

Earlier, I used to dial *303 in Chorcom for Not Reachable-no Call Divert. Then calls used to get transferred without reaching handset. Anyway that feature is now removed.

Totally useless "Customercare".

AFAIK it is network feature which can be invoked by handset because the network diverts a call conditionally - Network diverts the call to specific number saved on the server in response to whether the phone is online or offline or switched off.

Where is the role of handset except invoking the feature ?

"Kindly note that, call forwarding is an handset feature,can be activate and deactivate call through Handset only."

I think that they basically meant that you can activate or deactivate this feature using your handset and cannot be invoked from their end.

So try to activate it using your handset instead of dialing code which use to work in CDMA.

Go to DIALER >> SETTINGS >> CALL SETTINGS >> Select SIM/NETWORK >> CALL FORWARDING

Edited by LTE4G

Where is the role of handset except invoking the feature ?

That's what I also thought. Chorcom cc is the worst. A few months back, I was having some net connection problems due to old device. When I contacted cc, they asked, "Have you updated Antivirus?" Of course, how could I, when I was not getting net connection. When I answered no, she said to first update antivirus and then call, and disconnected.

That's what I also thought. Chorcom cc is the worst. A few months back, I was having some net connection problems due to old device. When I contacted cc, they asked, "Have you updated Antivirus?" Of course, how could I, when I was not getting net connection. When I answered no, she said to first update antivirus and then call, and disconnected.

Did you try this - it will work.

In your handset go to the DIALER >> SETTINGS >> CALL SETTINGS >> Select SIM/NETWORK >> CALL FORWARDING

After some search over the net, I found that these codes are standard for GSM networks, which is why phones are having this facility. But I was using the codes for CDMA network, which did not work after shift to GSM. So much for the incompetence of Chorcom CC!