Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
d_d

Question about ZTE WiPoD 4G/LTE device

I had purchased ZTE WiPod Model WD670 which uses a 4G SIM. Currently I am getting internet through my CDMA WiPoD AC70, purchased only a few months back after my old Netsetter was not recognizable by my computer. Can this device (WD670) work with 4G SIMs of other operators?

Edited by d_d
Typo corrected

If you unlock it then it would. Currently it's locked to Reliance.

Look for a free/paid unlock option online or visit a local mobile repairs shop to get it done cheaply.

ZTE WiPod do not use comport.  That is the whole problem  in unlocking it.   I want to know the method, if any done unlock.  

I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't have a comport. Isn't there a micro usb port or something? How do you charge it?

Should have one USB/ micro usb port to connect to PC. COM port (serial port) was used in older days & now USB (Universal serial bus) is the common port used instead AFAIK.:ph34r:

Edited by LTE4G

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Should have one USB/ micro usb port to connect to PC. COM port (serial port) was used in older days & now USB (Universal serial bus) is the common port used instead AFAIK.:ph34r:

Yes, the device has a micro USB port. Anyway, internet through 4G/LTE has started here, and I am happy with the speeds, so I don't have to port out my Wipod!

4 hours ago, d_d said:

Yes, the device has a micro USB port. Anyway, internet through 4G/LTE has started here, and I am happy with the speeds, so I don't have to port out my Wipod!

Nice to hear that you are now able to use it.:D

The 4g/lte wipod services have started in Bangalore from 7th August. The network is very good at some places and almost nil at some places.

Find hereunder the speedtest result.

reliance.png

Edited by venbab

If gurus have way to unlock it will be good. Reliance has changed the plan from unlimited to 5 gb for 1k which is way high.

If there is a way to unlock at least will be able to use the device.

Edited by PKC19
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PKC19 said:

If gurus have way to unlock it will be good. Reliance has changed the plan from unlimited to 5 gb for 1k which is way high.

If there is a way to unlock at least will be able to use the device.

I did not buy WiPod and using the Data SIM in my mobile handset.

My plan was to see if things are OK then I will buy the WiPod later - in fact any better UN-LOCKED more versatile (Means which has more LTE Bands as well as 3G Bands) WiPod which I can use with any Network.;)

1 hour ago, Guru Gopal said:

Both wipod rcom 4g and mifi (Jio) uses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNDIS.

They are not using comports they use RNDIS

RNDIS is a Network protocol used over USB for USB Tethering.

Read this from wikipedia:

The Remote Network Driver Interface Specification (RNDIS) is a Microsoft proprietary protocol used mostly on top of USB.

USB is a port which can be used for communication using different protocols for different works such as RNDIS is used for USB Tethering, Mass storage mode is used for connecting as Data Drive, USB Debugging for Firmware/Software installation or up-gradation, USB OTG (On-The-Go) to connect supporting devices such as pen Drive, Data Card, mouse etc, are few to name.

It is also used for Charging.;)

• Like 1

I found so many many Wipods for sale on olx.

If only the device could be unlocked, and used with other company SIMs, it would have been very nice. Unfortunately DC unlocker does not detect the device. With so many people interested in this, I hope some hardware expert will take up the job.

The last few days, since my Wipod stopped connecting after my plan got exhausted (see my post in another thread for details), I had been struggling with my 2G net connection through phone. But yesterday, I tried my Chorcom 4G postpaid SIM in Wipod, and it worked! Thereafter I tried my other prepaid 4G SIM. It was detected but no data download was taking place. I recharged Rs 39 voucher for 200 MB data, and then these SIMs also worked. After 200 MB, can I recharge with this pack again? They say Overage Charges after Quota completion 0.5p/10KB which is very high.

I found so many many Wipods for sale on olx.

If only the device could be unlocked, and used with other company SIMs, it would have been very nice. Unfortunately DC unlocker does not detect the device. With so many people interested in this, I hope some hardware expert will take up the job.

The last few days, since my Wipod stopped connecting after my plan got exhausted (see my post in another thread for details), I had been struggling with my 2G net connection through phone. But yesterday, I tried my Chorcom 4G postpaid SIM in Wipod, and it worked! Thereafter I tried my other prepaid 4G SIM. It was detected but no data download was taking place. I recharged Rs 39 voucher for 200 MB data, and then these SIMs also worked. After 200 MB, can I recharge with this pack again? They say Overage Charges after Quota completion 0.5p/10KB which is very high.

Yes you can recharge for ₹39 and 200MB will get added to the remaining balance and validity will become 28 days from the current date of recharge.

Go and buy JioFi for ₹1999.00 and enjoy data for 4 months with bundled Jio SIM - sim gets activated in 15 mins with Aadhar card e-KYC (No other document or photo required).

Edited by LTE4G