Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Jio Mobile

By now jio has got around 2 crore customers. But jio is aggressive to get 10 crore customers as early as possible. Even though the activation needs barcode, shop keepers have started to try random codes to get Rs200 to 500 amount per connection. So the 10 crore target can be reached easily. But what will be the condition of jio network when they achieved that target?

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Aggressive marketing for achieving target may backfire because overloading the network will yeild negative impact on the quality of service. Jio knows that almost 50% of the customers are going to ditch them once the welcome offer is over, but still they are trying to threaten the competitors by creating hollow in the market though for a short period but with a big financial impact.

While doing so they forgot that they might even loose genuine high ARPU customers as well. Their only effort is to increase the number of subscribers as much as so that they can keep their promise of free voice while saving on interconnect charges.

They should mainly concentrate on Quality (Network speed) of service as LTE is basically a data based service.

Anyway since yesterday I have noticed a sudden revival or increase in data speed. May be Jio is still tweaking at their end while distributing load among different nodes.

With so many (2 crores) subscribers - all with unlimited free - still if I am again getting improved speed - then it looks like Jio has done good fibre home work indeed.

• Like 2

Yesterday I found that sudden increase in speed while I am indoor and found out that Jio added another 5MHz in Band 3 in Kolkata. With 2 channels of 5MHz Jio LTE on 1800MHz is now smoother than before. Speedtest shows around 6Mbps most of the time now.

In Kolkata and Rajasthan Jio has 10MHz on 1800MHz, in other circles Jio has to get remaining spectrum from RCom.

http://drrdb.blogspot.in/2016/10/jio-kolkata-band-3-gets-total-10mhz.html 

Edited by inception

17 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

to try random codes to get Rs200 to 500 amount per connection. So the 10 crore target can be reached easily. 

True. experienced this yesterday at Reliance Digital express. I had generated code on Friday and tried to use it only to be told that already used by someone else. The store had many such complain and executive asked me to write down my details on piece of papers where others have also mention the same. He told me to wait for 4-5 days it will be cleared. 

@LTE4GI don't think 2 crore subscribers, across the country is huge base. If their network gets chocked up with such user base then there is really issue with network. 

43 minutes ago, csmart said:

@LTE4GI don't think 2 crore subscribers, across the country is huge base. If their network gets chocked up with such user base then there is really issue with network. 

You should be aware that these (Jio Subscribers) are not regular or general subscribers - But all of them are unlimited users (AFAIK no network has all users with unlimited plans) and majority of them try to squeeze the last bit of FREE data as well as voice & video calls of their share, which is INDEED UNUSUAL IMHO. So if Jio is still handling such huge traffic means a lot. (Traffic = Voice calls + Video calls + Downloading + YouTube + Jio TV + Jio Cinema + Jio Music + Corporate load + etc. & so on... that too unlimited)

So it is not the matter of numbers (Subscribers) but the quantity of consumption (Data) going on.;)

Edited by LTE4G

Just for comparison

Jio have 2 Cr data users, average conservative download by free loaders around 10GB per month 

http://www.medianama.com/2016/04/223-airtel-earnings-march-2016/

Airtel is having around 4-5 Cr data users with average download of 1GB....

Jio is already clocking 4 times more data on its n/w as compared to Airtel, Plus Jio has kind of forced other telcos to also invest and expand 3G/4G coverage which is good.

Right now Jio 4G coverage is more than 3G coverage of many operators

On 10/17/2016 at 2:04 AM, LTE4G said:

Aggressive marketing for achieving target may backfire because overloading the network will yeild negative impact on the quality of service. Jio knows that almost 50% of the customers are going to ditch them once the welcome offer is over, but still they are trying to threaten the competitors by creating hollow in the market though for a short period but with a big financial impact.

While doing so they forgot that they might even loose genuine high ARPU customers as well. Their only effort is to increase the number of subscribers as much as so that they can keep their promise of free voice while saving on interconnect charges.

They should mainly concentrate on Quality (Network speed) of service as LTE is basically a data based service.

Anyway since yesterday I have noticed a sudden revival or increase in data speed. May be Jio is still tweaking at their end while distributing load among different nodes.

With so many (2 crores) subscribers - all with unlimited free - still if I am again getting improved speed - then it looks like Jio has done good fibre home work indeed.

Exactly... from yesterday there has been an increase in speed and also reduced pings... though speeds are still low compared to the initial trial period.

I am now getting 8Mbps ... up from 200kbps-1.5mbps from the last one month

Now in my town, Jio 4G speed has reduced to 1.5Mbps @ max with 20% Packet Loss :o :ph34r: :unexp: :blink: :wacko: :unsure: :( -_- :huh: :mellow: <_< :angry: Jio connection nowadays is as good as useless. The guys at RDX Mini are as usual good for nothing and so bad that even Jio 4G speed (or lack of it) is better than them.

On 10/18/2016 at 11:38 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

Now in my town, Jio 4G speed has reduced to 1.5Mbps @ max with 20% Packet Loss 

I am saying this since long. Either their network is not capable or they are testing it to see how far they can push. Since it is free service, nobody is complaining. For 3 days, I was in Ahmedabad and surrounidng towns. The speed issue is same. The calling was better compare to Mumbai. But other issue I faced for no connection on highway and also frequent loss of signals. I had to either enable/disable Airplane mode or restart.

1 hour ago, csmart said:

I am saying this since long. Either their network is not capable or they are testing it to see how far they can push. Since it is free service, nobody is complaining. For 3 days, I was in Ahmedabad and surrounidng towns. The speed issue is same. The calling was better compare to Mumbai. But other issue I faced for no connection on highway and also frequent loss of signals. I had to either enable/disable Airplane mode or restart.

Now its back to normal.. I mean more than NORMAL. Its now 32Mbps speed. So sure, they are rigorously testing their network to the limit. ALL IS WELL. Looks like they are just testing after how much data / how many days, they have to reset the server.

Now Jio is carrying 16000TB per day (that is 4 times of Airtel + Vodafone + Idea combined usage), becoming the WORLD's largest network, even beating ChinaMobile. So this brings me a lot of hope, especially after STOPPING the free data usage in new year. After real commercial launch, this amount of load will NOT be there even if they give data at flat rate of Rs50 per GB.

Dear JIO, I am waiting for the end of free data to all, to make a switch...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Now its back to normal.. I mean more than NORMAL. Its now 32Mbps speed. So sure, they are rigorously testing their network to the limit. ALL IS WELL. Looks like they are just testing after how much data / how many days, they have to reset the server.

Now Jio is carrying 16000TB per day (that is 4 times of Airtel + Vodafone + Idea combined usage), becoming the WORLD's largest network, even beating ChinaMobile. So this brings me a lot of hope, especially after STOPPING the free data usage in new year. After real commercial launch, this amount of load will NOT be there even if they give data at flat rate of Rs50 per GB.

:)

Something which I mentioned few days back. Jio is carrying so much data 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

But here in Chennai now speed is very bad. If you use Jio server on speed test the speed is 12 to 15 mbps where as all other servers like limras or act the speed is 2.5 to 3 mbps 

51 minutes ago, dskumar said:

But here in Chennai now speed is very bad. If you use Jio server on speed test the speed is 12 to 15 mbps where as all other servers like limras or act the speed is 2.5 to 3 mbps 

That's due to IP v6. There was an article in RTN reg that.

EDIT:-

Btw, Thanks for the 1000+ reputation points (likes) friends..

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KanagaDeepan said:

My jio fi speeds are getting poorer after so many complains I get a reply we are planning a tower in your area it will take 90 days wait till then to get great 4G speeds. At times seems AVoId are doing a better job than Jio

@kanagadeepan this is what I used to say that this scale of implementation is unprecedented. Congratulations on the reps

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jio effect..
Vodafone Announces Free Incoming Calls on National Roaming, Starting This Diwali.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

My jio fi speeds are getting poorer after so many complains I get a reply we are planning a tower in your area it will take 90 days wait till then to get great 4G speeds. At times seems AVoId are doing a better job than Jio

Bro.. Just imagine that by now Jio is handling more than 4 times the combined load of Airtel + Vodafone + Idea and is ALIVE. Then what will be their capacity after the END of FREE offers? They will literally become an unbreakable network. Now its time for free-loaders to enjoy and so this equally affects the responsible people who use data for necessary things only. Once people have to pay, then the GOOD time for responsible customers will begin.

There is no use in feeling that I am not even using 100MB per day, but network is bad. Because some people around us are stressing the network to the point that, even we are getting affected. Once the FREE offer ends, even if we use 20GB (after paying of course) a day, the network speed / experience will be great.

Now I just wonder, how will be the condition of Jio network in November, when a couple more crores of customers (incl those freeloaders getting second or third sim to get 8 or 12GB per day) get added to the already fully loaded network.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Bro.. Just imagine that by now Jio is handling more than 4 times the combined load of Airtel + Vodafone + Idea and is ALIVE. Then what will be their capacity after the END of FREE offers? They will literally become an unbreakable network. Now its time for free-loaders to enjoy and so this equally affects the responsible people who use data for necessary things only. Once people have to pay, then the GOOD time for responsible customers will begin.

There is no use in feeling that I am not even using 100MB per day, but network is bad. Because some people around us are stressing the network to the point that, even we are getting affected. Once the FREE offer ends, even if we use 20GB (after paying of course) a day, the network speed / experience will be great.

Now I just wonder, how will be the condition of Jio network in November, when a couple more crores of customers (incl those freeloaders getting second or third sim to get 8 or 12GB per day) get added to the already fully loaded network.

Absolutely right ! I am really delighted to see Jio withstanding/surviving such extreme load - literally proves that the increase in the number of subscribers will not affect speed in future once the services become PAID. Jio have kept/designed large headroom for bandwidth management keeping in mind the increase in traffic/load in the future - if not 10 years but sure for 5 years of smooth sailing. Meanwhile they will still have enough time for further enhancement of their systems.

So as I said long before in one of my post that he is deliberately overloading his system to check the versatility and stability thoroughly - that too without facing any music from the customers since everything is offered FREE.;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

I do agree with every single point you have said here Kanaga Bro they are testing to core and loads of freebie users are choking bandwith. With more people coming in to utilize the free services speeds falling signal issues are becoming more by the day. As a mango man this is negative publicity for me. The server is withstanding all the load and will work fine post the free period is fine but is Jio gaining or loosing more by this welcome offer is the question. As you said willing customers who are ready to pay for Jio services are ready to pay even now if the services offered are excellent. Instead of boosting numbers and getting negative publicity why not end welcome offer and retain pay and use customers and make it a win win situation. I am unable to open a single web page at times such are the speeds of Jio. One major area where Jio needs to improve is customer care both call and twitter handle are useless. Hope they do something soon

I wasn't aware of all these details about Jio carrying so much traffic. Also it is clear that AVoId is mischievous by not providing required connectivity. 

TRAI has suggested whopping fine of ₹ 3,050 crores on these telcos as per TOI. TRAI is also in favor of Jio plan of free calling for life time. 

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of all these details about Jio carrying so much traffic. Also it is clear that AVoId is mischievous by not providing required connectivity. 
TRAI has suggested whopping fine of ₹ 3,050 crores on these telcos as per TOI. TRAI is also in favor of Jio plan of free calling for life time. 

Jio is escaping blaming AVoId for call drops but calls to BSNL landlines don't connect you hear the same story all lines in this route are busy worst part Jio has a tie up with BSNL mobile. Now will be blamed for this I am not sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/21/2016 at 11:58 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

Just a doubt. Ain't this figure looking so huge because of VoLTE and video calls too? Of course, free data also contributes to this number. So, once the interconnectivity isssues are solved the usage would be still high compared to other operators though it may not be as big a number as 16K TBs.

VoLTE calls contribute to negligible amount of data (in terms of Kbps -- For comparision sake if capacity of Normal 2g voice calls are about 16kbps and VoLTE calls are may be 4 - 8 times than that). With PoI issues, the number of VoLTE calls may be too less used.

Video calls are different, but they are charged under regular data anyway.

On 10/21/2016 at 3:30 PM, KanagaDeepan said:

EDIT:-

Btw, Thanks for the 1000+ reputation points (likes) friends..

Congrats Bro.

But with regards to speed I checked the APN and it's already in the ipv4/6 mode. Also the speed has suddenly dropped too drastically it's impossible to even connect to speedtest.net to do the actual speedtest and on internet speed meter lite I get maximum 8kbps . Impossible to use Jio as stand by mobile during day time. During night time speed goes back to 13 to 15 Mbps. Now a days I am hesitant to call using Jio because in a dual sim environment Jio can only be on LTE which means I have to use Jio for data and my Vodafone number for calls. But once I switch to my Vodafone  number for data (3g) Jio goes offline as the 2nd sim can only be either 2g or 3g. So Jio is  poking it's own eye with this data problems which users are facing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dskumar said:

Congrats Bro.

But with regards to speed I checked the APN and it's already in the ipv4/6 mode. Also the speed has suddenly dropped too drastically it's impossible to even connect to speedtest.net to do the actual speedtest and on internet speed meter lite I get maximum 8kbps . Impossible to use Jio as stand by mobile during day time. During night time speed goes back to 13 to 15 Mbps. Now a days I am hesitant to call using Jio because in a dual sim environment Jio can only be on LTE which means I have to use Jio for data and my Vodafone number for calls. But once I switch to my Vodafone  number for data (3g) Jio goes offline as the 2nd sim can only be either 2g or 3g. So Jio is  poking it's own eye with this data problems which users are facing. 

Jio is essentially digging its own grave by having so much data issues. For past 3-4 days my speeds have been so pathetic that it takes 3-4 times reload for a web page to load. Whatsapp msg delivery is getting delayed. Twitter handle useless customer care indifferent refusing to raise a complaint saying we have network issues and we are working on it. Jio maybe capable of handling heavy load and once welcome offer is finished speeds will be great are fine. But getting pathetic speeds worse than dial up owing to huge customer base is highly unacceptable. Either Jio should improve and resolve current problems before issuing more sims or be ready for huge negative publicity for such pathetic speeds