Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I got the JioFi2 MiFi device and 90 days preview SIM from Jio a couple of days ago. The device was being sold to everyone (without HP invite) though the next day the store guy called me over phone and told me that the offer has been withdrawn and is being offered to HP invitees only. Anyway he said that he will activate my SIM. So I'm not sure if this is still available at other stores without invite, but you can try your luck by checking at the nearest store if you don't have a HP invite email.

jiofi2.jpg

The device is pretty good with a small form factor and good build. It has band 3, 5 and 40 support but there is no option to lock to a particular band. The device is locked to Jio SIM; so you won't be able to use any other provider SIM. The speeds are pretty much the same as a LYF phone's speed but the WiFi hotspot is more stable without getting disabled intermittently (which I noticed in LYF handset hotspot). The device is also very much configurable using the inbuilt web interface:

sQIIKzA.jpg

The Power Save timeout can be configured from 10 minutes to OFF setting; useful if you are going to keep it switched on permanently.

UPnP (useful for PS4, Xbox) can be enabled/disabled and has options for configuring port forwarding also.

The device also has a microSD card slot and you can share the SD card data through the hotspot using the web interface.

FvqQEZT.jpg

I have configured it as a HotSpot and connected JioPlay and was able to cast the screen to TV using Google ChromeCast:

tv.jpg

There was no buffer at all even though the device was connected to band 5 (which has lesser bandwidth when compared to band 40 and so is slower than band 40)

Price was Rs.2899 including the 90 day preview SIM. Let me know if anyone has other questions!

• Like 2

Device specs - ?

• Battery capacity and how many hours does it run continuously with hotspot ?
  • Signal strength - if kept in one room and using phone in another.
  • Preview SIM is locked to device or can be used in other device too ?
  • Is it Only data or it supports voice and SMS too ?

Any Info about availability of the device without invite from 16 August onward.

I inquired yesterday in Ahmedabad but it is said to be available for HP laptops against invite only

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

In my view, lyf flame phones are a much better deal for just 100 rs more for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2016 at 1:15 AM, koolcoolkg said:

Can u connect to a router/range extender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried connecting to Netgear extender now and I was able to connect.

On 8/15/2016 at 1:34 AM, LTE4G said:

Device specs - ?

• Battery capacity and how many hours does it run continuously with hotspot ?
  • Signal strength - if kept in one room and using phone in another.
  • Preview SIM is locked to device or can be used in other device too ?
  • Is it Only data or it supports voice and SMS too ?

Any Info about availability of the device without invite from 16 August onward.

Forgot to add information about the battery capacity. It is made to last for 6 hours. While I haven't tried for 6 hours straight, it does looks like the battery life is good indeed.

I have just checked signal strength and I was surprised to see that the range was good. It was on par with my cable modem router. The signal was much better than I thought for a WiFi hotspot - this is definitely a plus point over using a phone hotspot.

The Preview SIM was working in other handsets when I tried on iPhone and Google Nexus 5

JioJoin can be installed in your phone. Configure using the MiFi device SIM number after connecting to the MiFI. You will be able to make voice calls and send/receive SMS using the JioJoin app. Anyway the SIM itself was working for calls and SMS if you use the SIM on another handset. The plan was showing the default 2 GB plan + 100 mins calls + 100 SMS which I believe will become unlimited within 48 hours (got the SIM activated today only; I was using an unlocked SIM earlier for the tests).

1 hour ago, uhm said:

In my view, lyf flame phones are a much better deal for just 100 rs more for obvious reasons.

For practical purpose I would use a MiFi device. The LYF handsets, especially the lower end ones are really crappy. Other than that you can get better signal range with the MiFi device.

• Like 1

Hello@Arun

I am receiving 20+ Mbps on jio in s7 edge.
Can u give me a brief idea about the range of jiofi 2 for connecting to range extender?
Jiofi2 doesn't have a Ethernet port so can the jiofi2 be able to connect to a router placed 3m below vertically through reinforcement.

It's like my r7000 is on ground floor and if jiofi 2 on the floor above.Is jiofi 2 powerful enough to offer range ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ I will try the WiFi extender setup in detail tomorrow and let you know

Purchased JioFi2 yesterday @2899/- Activated in 2 Hours. Wife using unlimited voice on old Note 2 via JioJoin. I am downloading continuous data. Speeds fluctuating between 13~25Mbps here in Meerut. Torrent was downloading @1.5MB/s yesterday (15Mbps). 3GB movie downloaded in about 20~25 minute. Voice interconnect is a slight issue. Called unlimited to Airtel Delhi, Airtel Chennai/Vellore, Idea UPW, Reliance Haryana etc without issues.

Now just need a proper range extender to make my experience complete.

JIO sabki dhone ko taiyyar hai... lolz

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dkaile said:

Purchased JioFi2 yesterday @2899/- Activated in 2 Hours. Wife using unlimited voice on old Note 2 via JioJoin. I am downloading continuous data. Speeds fluctuating between 13~25Mbps here in Meerut. Torrent was downloading @1.5MB/s yesterday (15Mbps). 3GB movie downloaded in about 20~25 minute. Voice interconnect is a slight issue. Called unlimited to Airtel Delhi, Airtel Chennai/Vellore, Idea UPW, Reliance Haryana etc without issues.

Now just need a proper range extender to make my experience complete.

JIO sabki dhone ko taiyyar hai... lolz

Dhiraj ji, 

Jio working on note 2 sprint or verizon ? 

I have note edge sprint unable to use Rcom 4g :(

53 minutes ago, gauravjc said:
Dhiraj ji, 

Jio working on note 2 sprint or verizon ? 

I have note edge sprint unable to use Rcom 4g

He clearly said note 2 is using Jio join app for calling. Any Android phone with wifi is enough for that. So just ignore the over-priced RCom and get Jio..

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

Received the following in my Email which is already linked to my existing JIO ID. So I guess it is no longer tied to HP owners.

Jio Preview Offer Invite: This Raksha Bandhan, Buy a JioFi and Get Complimentary access to Digital Life for 90 days

How does it work
Step 1: Carry original and a copy of valid Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Identity (POI) and a passport size colour photograph.
Step 2: Locate the nearest Reliance Digital / DX Mini Store using store locator.
Step 3: Visit the store with all documents mentioned above.
Step 4: Purchase LYF powered JioFi device at the store.
Step 5: Tele-verify within five days from the date of submission of Customer Application Form (CAF).
Step 6: Get your Jio Preview Offer and enjoy high speed data.
Step 7: Additionally you may download JioJoin app on your existing smartphone to make HD voice calls, video calls and enjoy premium Jio apps through JioFi.
What you need to know:
The Jio Preview Offer can be availed on purchase of LYF powered JioFi device only. Post the offer period, Jio commercial tariff plan shall be applicable*.

@dkaile ji

I am presently using Digisol HR3400 in repeater mode with my Wind4. Working quite well. It permits assigning a different SSID to the repeater so devices can specifically connect to the repeater. 

• Like 1

I have a small query I have a viop router connected to my tp link wdr3600 in Airtel broadband set up can the combo work fine with mi fi. Can we make international calls using the jio join app under the preview offer. If either of the two work I can go ahead and get jio mifi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received invite for device with preview offer

hey can you tell me the address of the shop i have invite but all shopkeepers are saying device is not available.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:22 AM, kshah said:

I inquired yesterday in Ahmedabad but it is said to be available for HP laptops against invite only

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I need JioFi2 to connect to my Desktop PC / Laptop 24x7 via USB teethering.

my Queries:

1. Is the JioFi2 Battery Removable?

2. Does the device work Without Battery when connected to Desktop PC / Laptop [drawing power from USB Port]?

3. Can I Disable WiFi in JioFi2?

4. Is WPA2-PSK Personal security for WiFi access supported?

5. Is MAC-Filtering for WiFi access available in JioFi2?

thanks & regards

@dkaile ji

I am presently using Digisol HR3400 in repeater mode with my Wind4. Working quite well. It permits assigning a different SSID to the repeater so devices can specifically connect to the repeater. 

Thanks. Could you possibly give me a step by step guide to put it in repeater mode? The price is quite reasonable (999/-) and if this works covering my entire 2 storied house, this will be a great buy.

@dkaile ji

This document is for a different model but works also for this model. I can get signal in my 3BHK flat at 2nd floor and even downstairs till about 25 mtrs. 

How-to-Configure-in-Repeater-Mode-DG-HR1400.pdf

Edited by commonman
  • Like 2

@invisiblebond

Have no experience with HR1400. But HR3400 is working fine.

• Like 2

Preview sim with MiFi seems locked to IMEI. I got a sim activated today. As soon as i put it on a phone, data stops and redirects to a page which shows Your balance has been exhausted

IMG_20160825_221004.jpg

On 8/21/2016 at 3:13 PM, commonman said:

@invisiblebond

Have no experience with HR1400. But HR3400 is working fine.

I received the HR3400 today but no amount of settings could make it work as a repeater with JIO Mifi2 though it is working with other wifi connections. The customer care of the company also tried for 1 hour on the phone and eventually said some IP issue/filter or mac filter or some kind of access control.

How did you get it working??? What IP settings etc. Please post a detailed reply.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dkaile said:

I received the HR3400 today but no amount of settings could make it work as a repeater with JIO Mifi2 though it is working with other wifi connections. The customer care of the company also tried for 1 hour on the phone and eventually said some IP issue/filter or mac filter or some kind of access control.

How did you get it working??? What IP settings etc. Please post a detailed reply.

CC @Arun

Edited by invisiblebond
Edit

Preview sim with MiFi seems locked to IMEI. I got a sim activated today. As soon as i put it on a phone, data stops and redirects to a page which shows Your balance has been exhausted

IMG_20160825_221004.jpg

Try this
Trick to Use Unlimited 4G Internet and Free Call using Jio Sim With All Device

Guys Here We Have Found a Latest Working Trick To Bypass 2GB Data , 100 Calll Minutes And 100 SMS Limit On Jio Sim On All Devices , No Matter It’s Rooted Or Unrooted. You Must Need Jio Sim Data For This Trick.It Will Not Work On WiFi Or Any Other Operator.

First Delete All MyJio Apps & Apps Related To Jio Sim From Your Device.Now Only Use Jio Sim Net Here. Don’t Use Wifi Or Any Other Operator.

Download My Jio From the given link below (It’s Compulsory , Trick Will Only Work With This Apk )

After Installing This App , Close Your Data.

Then Open My Jio App Then Open MyJio From List.(Remember Data Should Be Switched Off Otherwise It Will Force You To Update)

It Will Show No Internet Connection On Top.Then Click On Signup & When You Are In Signup Screen Then Switch On Your Data & Put Your Jio Number & Complete Registration Process.

Then It Will Say To Sign In , Now Sign In Your Jio Account.

After This Close Jio App From Your Task Manager.Now Open My Jio App List App & Click On Install All Apps.

Remember You Are Using Jio Net.Now After Installing All Apps One By One Close All Jio Apps Again From Your Task Manager.

Now Again Switch Off Data , Then Open My Jio App From My Jio App List.

You Will Get Option ” Get Jio Sim” Above Login / Signup.Click On This.

It Will Say , No Internet Connection. Now Switch On Data (Must Be Jio Net) .Hit Back Button , It Will Automatic Sign In.

Now Sit Relax & After Signing In , You Will Get A Immediate Popup Of Getting Unlimited Data & Call & Sms.Click On SUBMIT On That Popup.

Voila , You Activated Your Unlimited Internet Pack .Soon You Will Receive Unlimited Offer Confirmation Message On Your Jio Sim.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1