Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Where is link of app you are referring to?

unlimited offer is already activated so that doesnt work.

UNLIMITED - MIFI plan is activated automatically

and this message doesnt come when sim is in MIFI, when removed from mifi to any phone, this is the msg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dkaile said:

I received the HR3400 today but no amount of settings could make it work as a repeater with JIO Mifi2 though it is working with other wifi connections. The customer care of the company also tried for 1 hour on the phone and eventually said some IP issue/filter or mac filter or some kind of access control.

How did you get it working??? What IP settings etc. Please post a detailed reply.

I just followed the steps indicated in the document earlier shared.

1. Connected HR3400 with my laptop using LAN cable

2. Configured laptop IP manually 

3. Logged into router page via browser

4. Activated AP mode from Wireless tab, Wireless repeater option

5. Clicked Survey button, searched and connected to my Wind4 wifi SSID

6. Rebooted router

7. Again logged into router page via browser

8. Created new SSID through Wireless tab, Wireless basics.

9. Rebooted router

10. Disconnected LAN cable and connected to new SSID via wifi.

I do not have Jio Mifi but its working fine with Wind4.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 1

On 16/8/2016 at 10:46 PM, koolcoolkg said:

Hello@Arun

I am receiving 20+ Mbps on jio in s7 edge.
Can u give me a brief idea about the range of jiofi 2 for connecting to range extender?
Jiofi2 doesn't have a Ethernet port so can the jiofi2 be able to connect to a router placed 3m below vertically through reinforcement.

It's like my r7000 is on ground floor and if jiofi 2 on the floor above.Is jiofi 2 powerful enough to offer range ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been able to connect to router? Basically my NAS device is connected to my router - R7000, on which i download stuff.

R7000 Has dual Wan Capability and i was able to connect LYF mobile as USB Android Phone. But unable to connect JioFi device. f any one has done please let me know. Tty

Bought the JioFi2 3 days back and got multiple SMS's since today morning that verification is done and sim is activated with unlimited offer etc.

But I still keep getting "invalid sim network locked" message every time I login to the web interface

The sim LED/icon shows RED for few seconds then shuts off.

If i press power button once then it lights up red again (along with wifi icon which lights up as WHITE).

Any idea what i should do now ?

3 hours ago, ami1 said:

The sim LED/icon shows RED for few seconds then shuts off.

If i press power button once then it lights up red again (along with wifi icon which lights up as WHITE).

Any idea what i should do now ?

If you already try to reinsert SIM then email & tweet to Jio care with your registered mobile along with IMEI /serial number  

• Like 1

Just a curious question now that jio distributed free sims to all 4g mobiles speeds have gone down drastically is mifi suffering the same issue or does it still have good speeeds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^
JioFi2 has pretty much the same speed that you can get through a handset with Jio SIM

47 minutes ago, Arun said:

^^
JioFi2 has pretty much the same speed that you can get through a handset with Jio SIM

Checked various positions and finally found a position where my jio sim gives 26 mbps speed if i get jio mifi i need to place it there for good speed

^^ must be band 40 at that particular place? (you can check that in the intranet web portal)

1999/- new rate for mifi

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Chetan said:

1999/- new rate for mifi

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

It is the starting rate. Device could be different.

They have not specified any separate tariff plans for jio fi device in the site if the same plans are applicable for the device too it won't be as lucrative an option to replace home broadband

A few observations about jiofi...purchased yesterday and got activated in 15 min since it was eKYC here in Delhi...

1. The simcard provided is locked to jiofi and it will alays show data exhausted if you try to use it in a different device confirmed this by inserting device in a phone as well as a unlocked hotspot.

2. RIL has somehow capped the speed of the sims provided through preview offer...I have a simcard which I got through samsung preview offer and I am using the same in unlocked hotspot. The speed comes around 10 Mbps but when I connect using jiofi which is placed next to my hotspot the speeds are >30 Mbps. I checked and confirmed both devices are on 2300 band and same tower.

3. After this I inserted my preview simcard in jiofi and as suspected the speeds are only 10Mbps and hence reached conclusion that Jio is favoring its own devices over partner preview simcards

Also to add...I confirmed the speeds with various speedtest apps as well as downloaded some files...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Slightly off topic was wondering if there is any android box which I can get to work with old crt tv to stream jio play channels till the free period. Jio fi and android tv box for my crt I can do away with my set top box at least till December 2016. TIA

Search for iRevo mini pc in amazon. It has old style RCA connectors

I am from chennai. Can any body tell me where jiofi modem was available in chennai. Where i enquire, they are telling that it will available next week like that . Please tell me, if your area store having jiofi device. 

I am from chennai. Can any body tell me where jiofi modem was available in chennai. Where i enquire, they are telling that it will available next week like that . Please tell me, if your area store having jiofi device. 

Anbu will be getting mine in a day or two shall let you know the details soon

They have not specified any separate tariff plans for jio fi device in the site if the same plans are applicable for the device too it won't be as lucrative an option to replace home broadband

Wireless broadband can never substitute wireline broadband. 

Only if they come up with speed based plans like 1 Mbps unlimited , 2 Mbps unlimited. Then it can replace. 

I've got Jio Mifi device yesterday, today its activated and working.

But how would I know its on Jio Preview offer and not on 2gb default data with each new sim?

When I inserted the sim in my Phone and checked with MyJio app, it says data balance: 1.87GB remaining (out of 2GB).

How to activate Jio Preview offer? Or data used thru Jio Mifi device is Jio Preview offer and if the same sim is used in a phone then their default 2GB will be used?

But how would I know its on Jio Preview offer and not on 2gb default data with each new sim?

When I inserted the sim in my Phone and checked with MyJio app, it says data balance: 1.87GB remaining (out of 2GB).

How to activate Jio Preview offer? Or data used thru Jio Mifi device is Jio Preview offer and if the same sim is used in a phone then their default 2GB will be used?

One the 2 Gb will b finished it will automatically migrate to Jio Welcome Offer, Keep ignoring the sms received .

One the 2 Gb will b finished it will automatically migrate to Jio Welcome Offer, Keep ignoring the sms received .

So you mean this time I do not need to download few Jio apps and then activate the preview/welcome offer?

I had to do the same when I got Jio sim thru Samsung handset offer about a month ago.

Edit: By the way the sim I got with Mifi device... when I use it in my Phone, Voice works but Data do not work.

Edited by abhi.r

You can access the details and plans of this number by assessing your my jio app.

So you mean this time I do not need to download few Jio apps and then activate the preview/welcome offer?

I had to do the same when I got Jio sim thru Samsung handset offer about a month ago.

Edit: By the way the sim I got with Mifi device... when I use it in my Phone, Voice works but Data do not work.

You don't need to do anything - "Jio Welcome Offer" gets activated by itself. Login to MyJio app and you will be able to see you plan.:D