Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

You don't need to do anything - "Jio Welcome Offer" gets activated by itself. Login to MyJio app and you will be able to see you plan.:D

Nope it didnt get activated. Went to Reliance Xpress store from where I purchased the device. He told me that I need to contact customer care and inform them RSN, IMEI and mobile number and then they will activate it. Normally plan is activated automatically, but sometimes subscriber need to call back customer care.

So two of my phones are busy dialing customer care numbers since 2hrs 35min (as of now) and I'm bored of their music. They could have option to shuffle various musical tracks so that person trying to contact them don't get bored to death.

Nope it didnt get activated. Went to Reliance Xpress store from where I purchased the device. He told me that I need to contact customer care and inform them RSN, IMEI and mobile number and then they will activate it. Normally plan is activated automatically, but sometimes subscriber need to call back customer care.

So two of my phones are busy dialing customer care numbers since 2hrs 35min (as of now) and I'm bored of their music. They could have option to shuffle various musical tracks so that person trying to contact them don't get bored to death.

You are right!

Call on 1977 and you will be forwarded to customer care within shorter time.;)

Call on 198 early in the morning 5:30 - 6:30 AM will get through within 10 mins.;)

can any body tell me that i was unable to get the email for the myjio activation link. how much time will it take for recceving activation email.

can any body tell me that i was unable to get the email for the myjio activation link. how much time will it take for recceving activation email.

Read My experience :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37866-reliance-jio-sim-activation-related/?do=findComment&comment=331642

It will take approx. 2 hours to receive the link and after clicking it though it will say that it has been verified - you will not be able to log in using email as ID.

Solution:

1. Sign in using 'Skip sign in' in MyJio app.
  2. Change your password and log out.
  3. Go to www.jio.com using the browser.
  4. Login to your account using your number 70XXXXXXXX in place of email.
  5. Now if a pop up comes saying verify your email - verify using the OTP sent on your alternate number.
  6. If there is no pop up - you can update your email in the profile.
  7. Once your email appears in the profile email you can either use your number 70XXXXXXXX or email ID as 'Jio ID' and sign in using the same password.

Hope that helps !

Edited by LTE4G

Read My experience :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37866-reliance-jio-sim-activation-related/?do=findComment&comment=331642

It will take approx. 2 hours to receive the link and after clicking it though it will say that it has been verified - you will not be able to log in using email as ID.

Solution:

1. Sign in using 'Skip sign in' in MyJio app.
  2. Change your password and log out.
  3. Go to www.jio.com using the browser.
  4. Login to your account using your number 70XXXXXXXX in place of email.
  5. Now if a pop up comes saying verify your email - verify using the OTP sent on your alternate number.
  6. If there is no pop up - you can update your email in the profile.
  7. Once your email appears in the profile email you can either use your number 70XXXXXXXX or email ID as 'Jio ID' and sign in using the same password.
Hope that helps !

I just want to add only one precaution to the list. Never use Airtel / Vodafone / idea number as alternate number for otp... Those greedy p!gs never allow even the otp Sms from jio to reach their customers....

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I just want to add only one precaution to the list. Never use Airtel / Vodafone / idea number as alternate number for otp... Those greedy p!gs never allow even the otp Sms from jio to reach their customers....

OK ! One should avoid using AVoID as alternate number for OTP for faster results.:D

Jio is throttling their speed. Is this not against Net Neutrality?

App download from Google Play store... 20MB took more than 4 minutes. But simultaneously Speed test results shows 35+Mbps

Jio is throttling their speed. Is this not against Net Neutrality

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet should treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.

Throttle ??

App download from Google Play store... 20MB took more than 4 minutes. But simultaneously Speed test results shows 35+Mbps

Download speed depends on several factors such as server load, node etc. and not merely the ISP. So it varies from site to site and while downloading app from google playstore it also depends that how many user are downloading the same app simultaneously from the same download server.

24aa9ba058ecedc31724d6a529980076.jpg
New model of Jio Fi introduced just got it today yet to activate due to the server issues. This new model comes in a new packing and on box cost is 4050. Has a small display looks good waiting for activation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

New model of Jio Fi introduced just got it today yet to activate due to the server issues. This new model comes in a new packing and on box cost is 4050. Has a small display looks good waiting for activation

Yes that one having 2600  mAh when compared to old one (2300 mAh).and also bigger than last they given

Edited by anbuitech

Looks good - price ? Same ₹1999.00 or...

Looks good - price ? Same ₹1999.00 or...

Same price 1999

Before Reliance does anything it must revive its server which is down in ICU almost every day people are given tokens but asked to come saying server down can't activate such poor service by jio

Any update on the manufacturer and model no for the same. Does it support all bands, not able to find any details of the same online, wanted to check on the specs.

Any update on the manufacturer and model no for the same. Does it support all bands, not able to find any details of the same online, wanted to check on the specs.

Supports band 3, 5 and 40. Price 2000/- comes with 2600mAh battery. Can connect 10 devices via wifi and one via USB.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Supports band 3, 5 and 40. Price 2000/- comes with 2600mAh battery. Can connect 10 devices via wifi and one via USB.

Comes in cylindrical packing.

I changed the login.passwird to this device and forgot it, how to.reset it

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Difference between this and Mifi2 other than the battery life?

Difference between this and Mifi2 other than the battery life?

Nothing much except it has a small display Matt finish older one accepted regular sim this one accepts micro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Can these Jiofi devices work with any activated Jio SIM or just the one which comes with it?

Scenario: Suppose I already have a Jio Sim which I am using on my phone, can I put it in this Jiofi device and use it just for hotspoting the data part?

Has anyone tried this?

Can these Jiofi devices work with any activated Jio SIM or just the one which comes with it?

Scenario: Suppose I already have a Jio Sim which I am using on my phone, can I put it in this Jiofi device and use it just for hotspoting the data part?

Has anyone tried this?

It surely will work. Actually the sim that came with the mifi was locked to be used in that device, but not vice versa. It supports any jio sim [provided it's not jpo one -- but almost all jpo are converted to jwo by now] and of course it won't support other network's sim cards obviously...

• Like 2

It surely will work. Actually the sim that came with the mifi was locked to be used in that device, but not vice versa. It supports any jio sim [provided it's not jpo one -- but almost all jpo are converted to jwo by now] and of course it won't support other network's sim cards obviously...

They locked the sim so to avoid anamolies when they roll out jiofi plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Model no for the device is JMR520 there is a video posted on YouTube for the same.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

I am facing a real strange issue here. I get speeds between 9-14 Mbps on my laptop android mobile and tablet. But both my iPhone n iPad Air 2 won't hit speeds beyond 2 Mbps on jio mifi. Anybody else facing such strange issue?

Thanks Kanaga for that clarification. Asked because though they are giving Jiofi devices to customers quite readily, the turn around time for that new Sim activation is quite long.