Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

If you are doing ekyc the device is getting activated faster, within 24 to 48 hours. My sim was activated last wee. A friend got his jio fi sim activated this week.

JioFi and LYF bundled SIMs are getting activated within 3 to 5 days or even earlier. They are handling bundled SIM on priority basis and Only SIM candidates are getting pushed further back.

It surely will work. Actually the sim that came with the mifi was locked to be used in that device, but not vice versa. It supports any jio sim [provided it's not jpo one -- but almost all jpo are converted to jwo by now] and of course it won't support other network's sim cards obviously...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

The JIO SIM i got with Mifi device is working on other LTE phones.

But I guess JIO SIM with Lyf devices dont work on other LTE phones.

can any body tell me that i was unable to get the email for the myjio activation link. how much time will it take for recceving activation email.

Their servers are extremely overloaded. I received activation link after 3 days.:unsure:

Also another thing i noticed is that , with the jiofi device the orange color bundle sims are being given. While for the regular customers under the welcome offer the blue sims are being given which do not have a number and when the form is filled and uploaded automatically online with Aadhar details a number is generated by the system which gets activated on the phone.

The JIO SIM i got with Mifi device is working on other LTE phones.

But I guess JIO SIM with Lyf devices dont work on other LTE phones.

They do, as the Lyf phone sims have been moved to welcome offer, they are working in all the phone. I am personally using the sim that came with my lyf phone with different handsets and its working fine without any issues.

Also another thing i noticed is that , with the jiofi device the orange color bundle sims are being given. While for the regular customers under the welcome offer the blue sims are being given which do not have a number and when the form is filled and uploaded automatically online with Aadhar details a number is generated by the system which gets activated on the phone.

That mostly depends on Sim availability I got my mifi day before and I was given blue pouch without number and number was allotted post application process. 

Thanks Kanaga for that clarification. Asked because though they are giving Jiofi devices to customers quite readily, the turn around time for that new Sim activation is quite long.

I am not sure why there is a delay in sim activation. I did ekyc for mifi sim and same got activated within 20 mins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure why there is a delay in sim activation. I did ekyc for mifi sim and same got activated within 20 mins

For folks having delay in activation. Do one thing, Post activation you would have got an order number stating we have received your new connection application request. Log on to twitter and tweet to jiocare with your order number and inform them about the same. They are able to process the activation faster . I did the same for my sim.

• Like 1

For folks having delay in activation. Do one thing, Post activation you would have got an order number stating we have received your new connection application request. Log on to twitter and tweet to jiocare with your order number and inform them about the same. They are able to process the activation faster . I did the same for my sim.

You seem a lucky guy jiocare Twitter handle has been a dormant one in my case so many tweets not a single reply

• Like 1

!!RANT!!

Thank you Jio to reminding me what buffering is while playing a video on 720p resolution.

And waiting for 20min to download your Jio4GVoice app from playstore.

• Like 1

!!RANT!!

Thank you Jio to reminding me what buffering is while playing a video on 720p resolution.

And waiting for 20min to download your Jio4GVoice app from playstore.

Because of too many simultaneous downloads the server keeps connection on wait while switching other users connected.

Can be explained in this way - Just like not everyone is successful in getting SIM and those who managed are also waiting for activation because of over rush.

Same goes for apps also - MyJio is at the top in Google Play Store, though it is only being downloaded in India and that too only by 4G handset users who want Jio Sim.

This reflects the traffic load on Play Store server - leave apart other apps.

• Like 1

Btw what is good signal strength my mifi strength ranges between 28-40 while mobile 100-80 I am confused

You seem a lucky guy jiocare Twitter handle has been a dormant one in my case so many tweets not a single reply

Same problem. This worked for me. Go to settings>network and choose lte/3g. When I did this sim began to work!

I am from chennai. yesterday onwards i was unable to make the calls through the jio 4g voice app  with the use of the  jiofi  modem and it was showing off line  in the mobile app but data was working fine with the jiofi device. Can any one tell me to resolve the problem. i was contacted the customer care and they told me resolve the issue soon. Can any one help me to resolve the issue. 

• Like 2

I am from chennai. yesterday onwards i was unable to make the calls through the jio 4g voice app  with the use of the  jiofi  modem and it was showing off line  in the mobile app but data was working fine with the jiofi device. Can any one tell me to resolve the problem. i was contacted the customer care and they told me resolve the issue soon. Can any one help me to resolve the issue. 

Same problem here my mobile is not registering with mifi sim at all.Called cc after as usual blah blah they have said they are having complaints about jio4gvoice app and have raised a complaint lets wait and watch. As much trouble outsiders are giving to jio network equal or more troubles internally with poor speeds and buggy apps

Hi, Has anyone figured out how to use the MicroSd card option with the new Jiofi matte finish JMR520 router? I bought this new model which comes in a cylindrical packing box.

I logged in to the web settings page with the default "administrator" login and password. But the page is very rudimentary with no clear tabs to manage the wifi storage setting. Does it need a firmware upgrade? If yes, where to download from.

If anyone has been successful in configuring the MicroSD card with the router, please help.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Same problem here my mobile is not registering with mifi sim at all.Called cc after as usual blah blah they have said they are having complaints about jio4gvoice app and have raised a complaint lets wait and watch. As much trouble outsiders are giving to jio network equal or more troubles internally with poor speeds and buggy apps

@Deepak Shankar voice  was working properly when it was in JPO . when it converted to JWO offer itself i am facing the issue. I have installed the jio 4g voice app in multiple mobiles and it was not working properly. Did u get any solution from the customer care perople?

@Deepak Shankar voice  was working properly when it was in JPO . when it converted to JWO offer itself i am facing the issue. I have installed the jio 4g voice app in multiple mobiles and it was not working properly. Did u get any solution from the customer care perople?

Nope even if service is bad they will say wait for 48 hours to get response so waiting

On 9/22/2016 at 4:02 PM, Deepak Shankar said:

Nope even if service is bad they will say wait for 48 hours to get response so waiting

same thing they told me for past 3 days. worst service. we need to carry to technical team . they are T nagar i think.

Have 2 jmr520 devices, pathetic performance. Takes ages to load web pages, and if I try to download something it's just 1mbps. Have raised complain, but don't see any solution

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

If it's in jwo now, you can use the sim in any volte phone now. Just check it in any volte phone for voice calls working.

• Like 1

Hello frnds..

I m frm mumbai..and facing similar issue with new jiofi 2 device (JMR520) of not connecting through jio4g voice..

Visited the care center,the person in charge says..the jiofi 2 device has got some bug..and needs to be updated,will get the update patch in 3-4 days..

So waiting for that.

Problems with jiofi 2 device rit now.

1.Loses network after sometime and display shows No 4g,(restarting solves the issue),but again same after somtime.

2.Couldnt Connect to Jio4g Voice app.

6 hours ago, Chetan said:

Have 2 jmr520 devices, pathetic performance. Takes ages to load web pages, and if I try to download something it's just 1mbps. Have raised complain, but don't see any solution

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

There is NO solution as it is impact of Network Saturation.

As the number of subscribers is increasing Jio must take some effective measures to meet the excessive data bandwidth otherwise genuine users will be bound to dump the SIM even before the JWO is over.

15 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

If it's in jwo now, you can use the sim in any volte phone now. Just check it in any volte phone for voice calls working.

@KanagaDeepan yes bro, i have checked multiple phones with the jio 4g voice app. but i was unable to connect the voice calls. app was showing that unable to connect. please check your internet. but data was working perfectly with the jiofi device