Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sameer7186

iPhone - Buy Indian or imported?

Hi friends,

I need a suggestion to purchase Iphone. Should I go for indian or imported? thanks

28 minutes ago, sameer7186 said:

Hi friends,

I need a suggestion to purchase Iphone. Should I go for indian or imported? thanks

You haven't mention your price range 

Edited by invisiblebond

Also take care of a few things : 

1. Most Iphones bought in USA are carrier locked - Take care that the phone is not only Contract free but also carrier unlocked.

2. Iphones purchased in Dubai have Facetime disabled at hadware level and even if you Jaibreak you cannot do facetime ( though you have other alternatives like hangouts )

3. Street shops in Hongkong sell super cheap iphone and looks new and seal packed. But they are not, mostly they are used and cleverly re-packed.

Imported iPhones if bought from grey market would be obviously cheaper but I doubt whether it support all 3 LTE bands.

I would suggest you to go for Indian - you will not have to worry anything apart from the price.

1 hour ago, praveenwarrier said:

Imported iPhones if bought from grey market would be obviously cheaper but I doubt whether it support all 3 LTE bands.

Take it granted from me.  Purchase any country iPhone 6, 6 +, 6s, 6s+ or SE.  you will get all the 3 LTE bands of india.  i.e. band 3, 18 and 40

• Like 2

iPhone model can be found on the box.  and also can be found from following area

Settings/general/about/legal/regulatory

1 hour ago, dskumar said:

Also take care of a few things : 

1. Most Iphones bought in USA are carrier locked - Take care that the phone is not only Contract free but also carrier unlocked.

2. Iphones purchased in Dubai have Facetime disabled at hadware level and even if you Jaibreak you cannot do facetime ( though you have other alternatives like hangouts )

3. Street shops in Hongkong sell super cheap iphone and looks new and seal packed. But they are not, mostly they are used and cleverly re-packed.

1. carrier locked can be unlocked.  2.  There is Wayout for enabling FaceTime and iMessage for the iPhone purchased in Gulf

• Like 1

thanks all for your support. The main reason to buy imported iphone because of huge price difference in india. if imported iphone works well like indian model with all band lte and volte, then I am ready to buy imported one. once again thanks @Guru Gopal sir

3 hours ago, Guru Gopal said:

Take it granted from me.  Purchase any country iPhone 6, 6 +, 6s, 6s+ or SE.  you will get all the 3 LTE bands of india.  i.e. band 3, 18 and 40

All iPhone 6 from US doesn't have band 40... the ones from T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon doesn't have band 40:

iPhone 6
Model A1549 (GSM)
Model A1549 (CDMA)

iPhone 6 Plus
Model A1522 (GSM)
Model A1522 (CDMA)

...and the 3 LTE bands of India are 3, 5 and 40

• Like 1

Hi all,

Which Iphone 6 model is being sold in India with all (3,5 and 40) lte band? I have searched on apple site there are 4 model.

1. A1522

2. A1524

3. A1549

4. A1586

which one should I prefer? kindly suggest..thanks

1 hour ago, sameer7186 said:

Hi all,

Which Iphone 6 model is being sold in India with all (3,5 and 40) lte band? I have searched on apple site there are 4 model.

1. A1522

2. A1524

3. A1549

4. A1586

which one should I prefer? kindly suggest..thanks

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/#iphone-6-iphone-6-plus

1586 / 1524 support all bands 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arun said:

All iPhone 6 from US doesn't have band 40... the ones from T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon doesn't have band 40:

iPhone 6
Model A1549 (GSM)
Model A1549 (CDMA)

iPhone 6 Plus
Model A1522 (GSM)
Model A1522 (CDMA)

...and the 3 LTE bands of India are 3, 5 and 40

that is the reason, I have given the LTE bands link.   http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/      But some of the phones i unlocked T-mobile  (iphone6 and 6s)  getting Band 40.  How i do not know.