Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Vodafone India planning to Merge Idea as per CNBC TV18.

NOT going to happen.. Birla group immediately came to press and denied the same.. Further CCI (Competition Commission of India) will NEVER allow this for sure.. This will also be against / over the maximum spectrum holding limit in many circles, incl Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, Delhi, Kerala, UP(W) especially for the 900MHz..

Idea has outright rejected this claim and voda has said they don't respond to such news. Moreover too many legal tangles are there so it won't happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jio effect working !! :D

GOOD NEWS FOR VODAFONE SUBSCRIBERS

Jio effect: Vodafone gets Rs 48,000cr infusion

Record FDI infusion! Vodafone pumps Rs 47,700 crore to take on Jio

Vodafone's $7b equity infusion: Who gains and who loses in this matrix

So While Indian users are enjoying FREE Jio Services, India also manages to get Record FDI.

While those sailing in Jio's boat is struggling with Crawling Net, Vodafone and Airtel users are experiencing Blasting speed - thanks to Jio for pulling the crowd.

Mere Dost Picture Abhi Baki Hai ;)

Just got a email from Vodafone special offer ,1 GB data every month for Rs 125.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Dushie said:

Just got a email from Vodafone special offer ,1 GB data every month for Rs 125.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I am getting 1GB 3G/3G for 28days (Prepaid) since April this year.

1 hour ago, anky said:

How ? Does not show up in my Vodafone app for me in Mumbai ?
I get 147/375mb for 28 days .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE

Dial *121#

• Like 1

It's always better to run 2 separate business and share in between. If Vodafone & Idea merge, they have to return huge amount of spectrum.

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Vodafone is the most Kanjoos + Greedy operator...

• Like 1

^^ Vodafone is the most business minded company in Indian telecom. Since the days of inception of 3G their target for 3G circles proves that they are also the prudent most company in the long run. 

So finally the day has come when it has been officially announced by Idea & Vodafone about their merger.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/companies-a-z/corporate-trends/idea-approves-merger-with-vodafone-india-to-create-indias-largest-telco/amp_articleshow/57726194.cms

Edited by LTE4G

What I want now is, our Govt asking for the tax money from vada phone, before allowing the merger (else make CCI or competition commission of India to reject the mega merger). It will be real fun then, imho.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy A9 pro using tapatalk

Vodafone still not sincere with its customers - Only trying to stop 4G handset users from switching to Jio by providing extra data.

See Plan offerings below which is self explanatory.

• ₹149 Bonus card gives Talk time ₹0.00 & Benefit = Unlmtd L+S V2V mobile calls + 50MB 3G/4G data for 28 days. For 4G handset only, get 300MB data. Daily capping 300mins Weekly capping 1200mins post that 10p/m (Validity28 days).
  • ₹349 Bonus card gives Talk time ₹0.00 & Benefit = Unlmtd L+S on all mobile & landline calls + 50MB 3G/4G data for 28 days. For 4G handsets only, get 1GB data. Daily capping 300mins Weekly capping 1200 mins post that 30p/m (Validity28 days).

Reminds me Kumar Vishvas tweet " पानी आँख में भर कर लाया जा सकता है, अब भी जलता शहर बचाया जा सकता है (अब्बास ताबिश) " after AAP's defeat in Rajouri Garden.

Vodafone! Wake up & treat all customers equally. 3G or 4G should be secondary as compared to retaining your existing customer base.

Are you forcing your customers to upgrade handsets to 4G ?

Do you think a customer who buys a new 4G handset will stay with you?

Or you want Jio user to dump "Summer Surprise Offer" & "Dhan Dhana Dhan Offer" and go for Vodafone?

Jio has already EXPOSED all Indian Telecom players. Now stop discrimination between 3G handset vs 4G handset users for the same plan.

Edited by LTE4G

The modern East India Co is trying its level best to milk their 2G/3G only users. But it may back-fire them, as told by @LTE4G above...

On 15/04/2017 at 1:02 AM, KanagaDeepan said:

The modern East India Co is trying its level best to milk their 2G/3G only users. But it may back-fire them, as told by @LTE4G above...

I still vividly remember the comments of Sunil Mittal when RIM was launched by Mukesh Ambani back in Dec 2012. - "Bakre ko to halal hona hi hai, lekin kiston main". AVOID is still following the same formula.

Its already too late while vodafone is still trying to cope, but unfortunately by the time they throw their new offer - Jio has already jumped to next level of offering (56 days).

Unlimited ALL Calls + 1GB/Day
MRP ₹349.00 - Talktime ₹ 0.00 - Benefit 1GB/Day 4G/3G Data and Unlimited* ALL Mobile & Landline Calls. Limited Period Offer for ALL Handsets - Validity 28 days.

Please note that now they are offering data for all handsets.

Under terms & conditions it is mentioned as follows :

a. Customers using more than 1200 minutes (Local +STD ) in any period of seven consecutive days, will be charged at 30p per minute for Local +STD Mobile calls, after consumption of 1200 minutes, for rest of 7 day period (e.g. if customer consumes 1200 minutes on 2nd day, he would be charged for rest of the five days).

b. Customer using more than 300 minutes (Local +STD) in a day, will be charged at 30p per minute (Local +STD Mobile calls) after consumption of 300 minutes, for rest of the day, i.e., till Midnight 00:00 Hrs.

c. Customer calling more than 300 Unique numbers in any period of seven consecutive days will be charged at 30p per minute(Local +STD Mobile calls) after calling 300 unique numbers, for rest of validity of recharge.

If Vodafone seriously wants to retain their customers, they should offer plans similar to Jio's to their existing subscribers. But their "GREED/HABIT of Looting" stops them from taking prompt decision and by the time they realize and amend their offers - situation is already changed.

Edited by LTE4G

so the T&C reads : 

1. cap of 300min/day & 1200min/week of voice calls

2. capping of outgoing to 300 unique numbers till the validity of recharge (29/56 days) 

>> post than all calls @30p per min. 

I think even Airtel and Idea has similar caps but airtel is offering 70/84 days while Idea stuck with Vodafone at 28/56 days.

However Jio's plans at almost at par with European or American players. And AVoId wants to match with Jio with so many cappings.