Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani spoke at RIL's 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday.

According to experts, one of the major focuses of the AGM would be regarding Reliance Jio — the recently launched mobile telephony, broadband services, and digital services provider.

Here are the top announcements from the AGM:

1) Jio is dedicated to the Digital India vision of the prime minister, to my fellow 1.2 billion Indians and India.

2) India is 155th in the world for mobile broadband access, Jio will take the country to the top 10.

3) Jio has created an all-IP network. There is only language spoken on the Jio network. We will have a single digital mother tongue. The all-IP design also makes Jio's network the most expansive and future-proof network in the country. Jio is a data strong network built for the Internet from the ground up. By March 2017, we will cover 90 per cent of India's population. It is the first mobile network that is only 4G LTE.

4) All voice calls for Jio customers will be absolutely free. Roaming charges will also be zero across India. 

5) The onboarding process will now be 100 per cent digital, using Adhaar-based EKYC, starting today from Mumbai and Delhi.

6) Jio apps bouquet will be available complimentary up to December 31 2017. 

7) Effective rate of data would be five paise per MB, or Rs 50 per GB.

8) All complex telecom charges, like black-out days, eliminated.

9) Jio's services will be free of cost to all users from September 5 to December 31, 2016.

10) Jio's commercial launch will be on December 31. 

11) Special offers for students with 25 per cent more data.

Source: Business Standard

• Like 1

Jio, finally, announced it's tariff : Rs,50 / GB.

Yes,

Data Rs50/GB

No charges for voice calls

No roaming charges

4G LYF phone starting from Rs 2999

4G Wifi router from Rs 1999

Edited by alugobi
  • Like 1

From 5th September, all services free for everyone till 31st December 2016 !!

This is called Welcome offer !!

5th September is Jio launch day !!

Clever marketing strategy there... Lower segment will go for Rs.149 plan as it has unlimited voice, which will give them a stable ARPU... Higher segment will go for Rs.499 plan for the data, which will give them high ARPU

29 minutes ago, kalpeshaparmar said:

CrPznTdVUAEhMqA.jpg

150 rupees for 0.3 GB Then how is it 50 rupees per GB?

Hmmm...lets wait for all the details.

33 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

It's basically the more you pay the more you get. Rs.50 per GB is an average effective price depending on the plan you choose.

• Like 1

This is huge. Plans are good.

Proud day as an Indian. Biggest LTE network deployment (guess) ever. With plans well thought of.

What does the Hotspot row specify? I am guessing you can avail the same plan for hotspot and get approx double the data with no free 4g at night?

Please correct me if i misunderstood.

There should have been some plan for 1GB or 2Gb. 300MB and then directly 4GB, nothing in between. But if you calculate for voice & data from other cos then its almost same but less data.

2 hours ago, NanduNaada said:

This is huge. Plans are good.

Proud day as an Indian. Biggest LTE network deployment (guess) ever. With plans well thought of.

What does the Hotspot row specify? I am guessing you can avail the same plan for hotspot and get approx double the data with no free 4g at night?

Please correct me if i misunderstood.

It is included or bundled, you can access WiFi Hotspot in your area if available. JioNet Hotspot is available at stadium , airport, shopping malls, several public places etc. and you only need Jio SIM in your handset to authenticate and log in - no other 'user name' or 'password' required.:D

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/company/corporate-trends/reliance-jio-data-plan-tariffs-all-you-want-to-know/articleshow/53958707.cms

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/reliance-jio-4g-data-plans-prices-how-it-is-different-and-everything-you-need-to-know/1/754103.html

Edited by LTE4G
Links added
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Who else is giving you unlimited LOCAL + STD + ROAMING for ₹149 ? And 0.3GB data is Additional bonus (to make you taste 4G speed);)

Edited by LTE4G

Is it only prepaid? as 28 days.

Jio also have to pay 14 paise inter connection charge .how could rs 149 plan feasible.    During trial period i think he didnot liable to pay but now after launch , how?

Jio thum jio once mnp arrives its doom time for AvoId

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

₹299 & ₹499 will be the choice of most average users. Jio has really made Digital Life simple. I mean tension free....

ONLY one small but BIG QUERY -----

Will the Data balance carried forward ?

For example if someone uses ₹999 recharge and carries forward unused data balance after 28 days with ₹149 recharge.

Will it be possible ??????????

Please some body FIND out.

Edited by LTE4G

₹299 & ₹499 will be the choice of most average users. Jio has really made Digital Life simple. I mean tension free....

For example if someone uses ₹999 recharge and carries forward unused data balance after 28 days with ₹149 recharge.

These are just initial offers for TRAI and other operators all important details shall be revealed only towards December end till then enjoy jio unlimited

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ I doubt about ₹ 299 as validity is only 21 days. This is different as the most packs is valid for 28 days. However, I don't see the monthly outgoing will reduce that much. Currently you pay about 400-500 (general public not high voice users) for voice and ~1GB data. I feel ₹ 499 is the most viable option. For 299, you pay 897 for 2 months and with 499 you will pay 998 with double the data. So as I said, monthly out going will be almost same as now. 149 is the best for limited data users.

EDIT: After posting the message, I got below forward on WhatsApp and it is pretty much the same that I mentioned.

Informative Post: Written by Guruprasad.
Are offerings by #JIO misleading?

_____

Reliance Jio: The champion of Digital India or Analog India?

I must admit that I was euphoric over the Reliance Jio launch today morning. Also, thanks to the media hype, I initially believed that it was a "revolutionary" service for data users like me who are glued to the internet all the time.  But as the hours passed, reality began to sink in. 
After some quick analysis, I have come to the conclusion that it is not for data users lke me who are constantly browsing the internet, but instead, it is actually for those who are constantly chattering on phone. 

Let me take up some of the hyped up highlights & try to explain why it does not convince me to make a switch.

1) First & foremost, it is portrayed as the messiah for data users. All the news channels have been highlighting that the data charges on Reliance Jio is as low as Rs 50/GB. This is actually highly misleading because that low rate of Rs 50/GB would be applicable only when you buy the high end monthly pack of Rs 4,999 per month!! In that pack, you get around 75 GB which roughly translates to Rs 50/GB. But in a normal pack like Rs 499 per month, you get only 4 GB, which translates to around Rs 100/GB. And if you consider the Rs 19 pack which gives 100 MB, it translates to around Rs 190/GB. 

2) In the entry level package of Rs 149 per month, although you get unlimited voice calls (which is highly appreciated), you get only 300 MB of data. So, it is definitely not for a data user like me, but for someone who hardly uses internet, and wants unlimited calling. 

3) The Rs 19/day pack is marketed as a chota pack which can cater to casual users who want to browse internet on a need basis. But there is nothing revolutionary about it because it offers only 100 MB for Rs 19 & the validity is 1 day. Suppose I am on the Rs 149/month pack and I exhaust my 300 MB within few days and one fine day I want to book an Ola cab or watch a 1 min YouTube video, then I must shell out a minimum of Rs 19. (There is no pack smaller than that). But if I am on Airtel/Idea/Vodafone, I can go for their Rs 9 pack and get 35 MB. i.e Instead of spending Rs 19 on Reliance Jio to book an Ola cab, I can recharge Rs 9 on Airtel & get the work done. Also, it is to be noted that Airtel/Idea offer 100 MB of 4G data for Rs 24 which has a validity of 3 days, which I feel is much better than Jio's 100 MB of 4G data for Rs 19 which has a validity of 1 day.

4) As explained above, the Rs 149/month pack makes no sense for data users because it gives only 300 MB. The next pack is the Rs 499/month pack which has 4 GB of data (along with the default unlimited calling feature). Since unlimited calling is available in both the Rs 149 pack as well as Rs 499 pack, then the only difference is that the 499 pack gives you additional 3.7 GB of data at an additional cost of Rs 350.
=> Rs 350 for 3.7 GB? Sorry, not convincing. Your own brother Anil Ambani has been offering 10 GB of data for less than Rs 400. Yes, I agree that while they are offering 3G, you are offering 4G, but at the end of the day, the total data remains the same. 5) Let me take up the next pack. Rs 999. I get 10 GB of data (along with the default unlimited calling feature). 
Compared to the Rs 149 pack which already has unlimited calling feature, what I get in this pack is effectively 9.7 GB of data for Rs 850. 
I am not impressed because if I spend a little extra, I can get unlimited 3G from BSNL. Yes, Unlimited 3G by BSNL for Rs 1099.
Check this: TOI

6) Now that I have seen how even the Rs 999 pack fails to impress me, due to much better offering from BSNL. Why should I pay Rs 999 to Reliance for 10 GB data, when BSNL is offering me unlimited data for 
Rs 1099?

What is my conclusion finally?
For a data user, Reliance Jio is not impressive. If the usage is more than 1 GB per month, then the Rs 149 p

Edited by csmart
Posting additional info. I think no need to add new post
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

NO

True analysis.
What is the charge for additional 4G LTE data once the bundled data of the pack/plan is exhausted ?

35 minutes ago, csmart said:

EDIT: After posting the message, I got below forward on WhatsApp and it is pretty much the same that I mentioned.

This is totally Biased and seems FUNDED message. while calculating the cost why the WiFi data is not considered ? its deliberate.

Even if you go for small package - additional data will be billed @ 5p/MB or ₹50/GB (Clearly mentioned). Why will someone go for small package is another question.:D

This is a DAMAGE CONTROL message from the competitors/looters - trying to hold back some subscribers for some more time.;):D:D:D

Forgot to mention the  unlimited FREE Night data too.

Ab kya Bachche kj jaan loge ?

Edited by LTE4G