Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

If additional data is available for Rs 50/gb ( in the above attachment it is shown as additional wifi charges )why should I go for higher packs ?? Also the night time 2 AM to 5 AM is a joke. I am sure Jio will rethink on some of its plans.

Some more........

*Unlimited at Night pertains to data used between 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM

*Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity.

* The data used by the consumers for Jio applications, Video calls and other content available on internet would be uniformly debited against plan data allocation.

"Unlimited at Night" pertains to data used between 2am – 5am.

21 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Who else is giving you unlimited LOCAL + STD + ROAMING for ₹149 ? And 0.3GB data is Additional bonus (to make you taste 4G speed);)

Okay, you pay Rs. 149 as rental and start making ip calls. Now, suppose, you use about 6 GB data every month. You will have to pay Rs. 251+451=702 more to be able to use 6 GB data. Alternatively, you can choose plan 499 and an add on of Rs. 251. Thus you will be paying Rs. 750. Later, every service you will use, main data balance will be debited against it. Soon people will need 10 GB or more as everything will be based on data. .

@LTE4G

the so called WIFI data is only available when there is a Jionet public hotspot available. In Kolkata it is available only in 2 places about 1 KM stretch in each case. Speed is dismal. So it can never be taken into the equation until the coverage of such public wifi hotspots increase. 

• Like 1

My views on the article Jio is still in evolving process all the plans listed will definitely undergo tweaks the writer says after 149 next is 499 but there is in between plan too for 299. The basic purpose of giving away free sim with 4 months unlimited usage is to study the usage patterns and needs of the users. As time progresses and a certain pattern is ascertained the plans will be designed accordingly. The author says this plan is cheaper that plan is cheaper but jio has been doing background study for 5 years now I am sure they would have taken all facts into account. If we start bisecting each plan majority plans would be useless. Consider FTT plans of most operators nothing less than 200 is available you need rate cutters for cheaper tariff. If I take those things into account 149 works best for common man who calls more uses less data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In an era where 1gig is sold at 249-299 even at 100 it's still worth it you will find people who keep complaining for everything I feel the author is one of those. For an average user 1gig at 100 rs is still a great deal. Unlimited night data joke was started by Airtel too. I would say use and enjoy benefits for 4 months and let competition play well into hands of customers. High end data user constitute maybe 20-40 % maximum rest are average or non net users for them jio is still a boon.

I just got curious .. Since it is IP Telephony based, will data balance will be used for even voice call? 

For preview offer SIM, there are different balances for voice and data. But then you never know

I just got curious .. Since it is IP Telephony based, will data balance will be used for even voice call? 

For preview offer SIM, there are different balances for voice and data. But then you never know

I think, Volte calls will not be using the data balance.... You can even use volte calls when data switched off. Volte calls are not metered by even Android system afaik...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

On 01/09/2016 at 10:36 PM, basant.motlani said:

Jio also have to pay 14 paise inter connection charge .how could rs 149 plan feasible.    During trial period i think he didnot liable to pay but now after launch , how?

TRAI is now issuing the consultation papers for changing the IUC from (current) 14 p to "BILL AND KEEP" system or simply 0p.. COAI is opposing it. Actually just few months back TRAI has reduced the IUC from (previous) 20p to (current) 14p --->> for that also AVoId group has already filed a case against the 6p reduction. So ZERO p IUC implementation is not going to be a simple task. But Jio banks on the fact that IUC may become zero within Dec2016. Even if IUC is reduced to 5p from current 14p, the 149Rs plan allows 2980 calls + number of incoming calls from offline numbers.. So NOT a big deal, imho...

12 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

If additional data is available for Rs 50/gb ( in the above attachment it is shown as additional wifi charges )why should I go for higher packs ?? Also the night time 2 AM to 5 AM is a joke. I am sure Jio will rethink on some of its plans.

12 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

True analysis.
What is the charge for additional 4G LTE data once the bundled data of the pack/plan is exhausted ?

12 hours ago, LTE4G said:

This is totally Biased and seems FUNDED message. while calculating the cost why the WiFi data is not considered ? its deliberate.

Even if you go for small package - additional data will be billed @ 5p/MB or ₹50/GB (Clearly mentioned). Why will someone go for small package is another question.:D

This is a DAMAGE CONTROL message from the competitors/looters - trying to hold back some subscribers for some more time.;):D:D:D

Forgot to mention the  unlimited FREE Night data too.

Ab kya Bachche kj jaan loge ?

The overages charge is 0.5p / 10KB == 50p/MB approx. == 512Rs/GB.. Sorry, my mistake..

Overage charges for data pack is 0.25p / 10KB == 25p / MB == 256Rs / GB

Overage charges for WiFi data is 0.05p / 10KB == 5p / MB == 51Rs / GB

To be honest, both the NIGHT UNLIMITED and WiFi data are just for the name sake for vast number of people... On a lighter note, While Airtel's Night cheaper data (timing from 12 to 6AM) is for watchmen, JIO's night unlimited (2 to 5 AM) is for thieves.

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

True analysis.
What is the charge for additional 4G LTE data once the bundled data of the pack/plan is exhausted ?

Rs. 250/ GB for 4G LTE data and ₹50 /GB for WIFI data, both billed at pulse of 10 kb.

• Like 2

While Airtel's Night cheaper data (timing from 12 to 6AM) is for watchmen, JIO's night unlimited (2 to 5 AM) is for thieves.

Here are the data add on packs for postpaid users.
3aa0db6037e33ecc6e434da5958edc92.jpg
No reasons for high ARPU customers of A-VO-ID to port to Jio.

https://goo.gl/tkVNkO

5 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

For an average user 1gig at 100 rs is still a great deal.

Where are they providing 1 gig for 100 rs? You have to take a base plan of say rs 149 + pay rs 151 for 28 days 1.3 GB data. So your minimum amount is rs 300/month for getting 1GB (1GB + 0.3 GB) data . In reality this is going to be more than that because you have to recharge every 28th day because on the 29th day you will be billed base on pulse until you recharge.

Edited by MVP

I have MTS CDMA postpaid 40 GB @ 999 + tax. That works out to about Rs.29/GB. Speed is about 4-5 mbps. Jio even at highest pack is costlier. Just hope that MTS will continue, fingers crossed.

Edited by commonman

JIO's tariffs may not be appealing for persons who are already using some kind of special plans
For me even spending Rs.150 per month for all my family members would be an expensive idea.
We are all on MTS and call each other for free.
For other calls we hardly spend Rs.100 each.
my local internet provider provides sufficient data volume for Rs.500.
Further, I am not in mood for spending money for Volte handsets.
Though, I will miss JioPlay, no one in my family is addicted to TV.

I won't continue with JIO after JPO ends.

I see JIO's tariff useful to only those without any good (existing) plans.

Edited by ni0987
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

TRAI is now issuing the consultation papers for changing the IUC from (current) 14 p to "BILL AND KEEP" system or simply 0p.. COAI is opposing it. Actually just few months back TRAI has reduced the IUC from (previous) 20p to (current) 14p --->> for that also AVoId group has already filed a case against the 6p reduction. So ZERO p IUC implementation is not going to be a simple task. But Jio banks on the fact that IUC may become zero within Dec2016. Even if IUC is reduced to 5p from current 14p, the 149Rs plan allows 2980 calls + number of incoming calls from offline numbers.. So NOT a big deal, imho...

The overages charge is 0.5p / 10KB == 50p/MB approx. == 512Rs/GB

To be honest, both the NIGHT UNLIMITED and WiFi data are just for the name sake for vast number of people... On a lighter note, While Airtel's Night cheaper data (timing from 12 to 6AM) is for watchmen, JIO's night unlimited (2 to 5 AM) is for thieves.

Jio tariff says 5p/MB and not 5p/10KB.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/telecom/news/reliance-jio-plans-revealed-voice-calls-and-roaming-free-rs-50-for-1gb-data-1453073

http://www.bgr.in/news/reliance-jio-4g-vs-airtel-vs-vodafone-4g-voice-calls-sms-tariffs-compared/

Edited by LTE4G

Why are we assuming that every one should go for Jio?

If Jio really failed to appeal you with their tariff plans you can just neglect them and continue with your current operator.B)

Where are they providing 1 gig for 100 rs? You have to take a base plan of say rs 149 + pay rs 151 for 28 days 1.3 GB data. So your minimum amount is rs 300/month for getting 1GB (1GB + 0.3 GB) data . In reality this is going to be more than that because you have to recharge every 28th day because on the 29th day you will be billed base on pulse until you recharge.

Well as per your calculation you pay 300 for 28 days for 1 gig data as far as I see it AVoId charges something like 249-299 for the same. In this so called 300 you say you still get voice calls free the talk time recharge rate cutter etc plus data works to more than 300 so you still gain at jio at least for now. Moreover it's a personal choice if someone feels AVoId provides better stuff they will stay there people who feel the benefit move over
With regard to your last point about recharge on the 28th day every operator does the same. If your data pack is over and main balance is good they empty it fully so showing jio different here is beyond my understanding

30 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Actually we both are wrong wrt overages... @bigbyte is correct (as below).. For 4G data, the charges after allowed usage is 0.25p / 10KB == 25p / MB == 256Rs per GB.. That 5p / MB is applicable for the WiFi data overages -->> 0.05p / 10KB == 5p / MB == 51Rs per GB..

7 hours ago, bigbyte said:

Rs. 250/ GB for 4G LTE data and ₹50 /GB for WIFI data, both billed at pulse of 10 kb.

21 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Why are we assuming that every one should go for Jio?

If Jio really failed to appeal you with their tariff plans you can just neglect them and continue with your current operator.B)

At least till Dec2016, every one must go for Jio or at least act like going to Jio, as its a great single life time opportunity.. For example, I can't move all of my corporate connections (incl my primary number) to Jio for various reasons.. But I will definitely scare the sh!t out of Airtel using MNP to get better tariff plans.. These AVoId guys without playing fair till now by forming a cartel, deserve these beatings.. Its pay-back time, my dear Airtel..

8 hours ago, csmart said:

They have mentioned that data balance will deducted for making video calls and for using jio apps. But no word about voice calls.

40 minutes ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Well as per your calculation you pay 300 for 28 days for 1 gig data as far as I see it AVoId charges something like 249-299 for the same. In this so called 300 you say you still get voice calls free the talk time recharge rate cutter etc plus data works to more than 300 so you still gain at jio at least for now. Moreover it's a personal choice if someone feels AVoId provides better stuff they will stay there people who feel the benefit move over
With regard to your last point about recharge on the 28th day every operator does the same. If your data pack is over and main balance is good they empty it fully so showing jio different here is beyond my understanding

I was just clarifying that you are not getting 1GB for Rs 100/- or Rs 50/- as many people believe, not whether jio is better or worse than AVoId. If your data pack is over, your outgoing calls are not banned if you have balance in other operators and you can send SMS to 1925 (one time is only needed) to stop your main balance being emptied once your data pack is over. Not sure how it will work with Jio since, I guess, data pack is required for incoming calls also.

Digital India: Instead of making voice calls free, they should have made all data free. :D

Edited by ajay16

People were expecting Data revolution.. But all we got is Voice-call revolution, which is NOT the need of the hour for most people, imho..

Our expectation keep on increasing day by day (Human nature).

We all know that no other operator has or will ever offer 3 months free voice & data including Free SIM (whether it is Beta testing, welcome launch or what not).

Further we know that Mukesh Ambani is here to do business and not charity. (If we want services at moderate rates then the company Jio should survive too)

They are offering everything free till 31 December 2016 because they know that it is human nature to get attracted if something is free and you need it. This way they are trying to reduce inter connectivity charges to minimum since most users will be on Jio network to avail free offer (either new connection or by way of MNP to avail welcome offer).

We must also know that moderate competition is healthy whereas extreme competition will cause instability and monopoly - which we don't want. Every good service provider should survive and ONLY then we will have the option to switch to other operator if dissatisfied with the services or pricing of one.