Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Prepaid & postpaid 4G Data Plans - Jio

https://www.jio.com/en-in/plans

Download the pdf to see additional detailed information.

ALL-IN-ONE

Data Add on (1GB 4G + 1GB WiFi for ₹151, 2GB 4G + 2GB WiFi for ₹251 ... etc.)

Combo voucher

Plan vouchers

Top up vouchers

Jio Apps

Terms and conditions
1. Voice is truly free – no charge towards voice or the data used to make 4G voice calls.
2. "Unlimited at Night" pertains to data used between 2am – 5am.
3. Wi-Fi data benefits in the plans pertain to Wi-Fi data availed in the Public Wi-Fi hotspots of RJIL.
4. The subscribers can avail the above plans effective from 1st January 2017.
5. The data used by the consumers for Jio applications, Video calls and other content available on internet would be uniformly debited against plan data allocation.
6. Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity.
7. The prepaid packs with denominations Rs.19, Rs.129 and Rs.299 cannot be availed as a First recharge by new subscribers.
8. 25% additional 4G WiFi data benefits will be provided to students on providing a valid identity card, as per process.
9. Prepaid tariffs are inclusive of all applicable taxes.
10. On Postpaid tariffs applicable taxes will be charged. The Postpaid subscribers opting for the Auto-debit option using credit/debit cards/online transfer to pay their monthly mobile phone bill and opting for e-bill will be accorded an additional 15% discount on the bill value.
11. The above plans can only be availed by customers possessing a LTE compatible handset.

15% discount on bill value for auto-debit is interesting.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 3

They have mentioned that data balance will deducted for making video calls and for using jio apps. But no word about voice calls.

Voice doesn't use data

9 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Our expectation keep on increasing day by day (Human nature).

The only thing we expected was cheaper data. We wouldn't mind if they charged for voice calls like other operators.

• Like 2

The only thing we expected was cheaper data. We wouldn't mind if they charged for voice calls like other operators.

Data is still cheaper comparatively you end up paying between 100-125 per gb in most packs and add on data packs. There are still a good chunk of population who make voice calls a lot it's boon for them free voice calls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

Priorities differs from person to person. Like my wife is always on calls and is happy - but like you I also need data and not bothered about calls.But in India if we go by population there are more voice users than data users (since every user who procures a mobile connection primarily uses it for calls only. Only users like us (including me) are data hungry. Since Jio network is data based network, they want to push/convert the regular voice users also towards data user (by providing TV channel, music etc.) in future.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

The only thing we expected was cheaper data.

Isn't it better than others ? - I think Jio has forced others to reduce data tariffs since last 6months or so because of its moderate pricing as of now. We can expect cheaper data in future only if competition prevails. So IMHO Reliance is playing safe - Live and Let Live (Not Live & Let Die - 007 ;)).

As a senior Jio employee pointed out, just enjoy the feebies till 31 Dec and expect some corrections in the plans later.

4 hours ago, ajay16 said:

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Priorities differs from person to person. Like my wife is always on calls and is happy - but like you I also need data and not bothered about calls.But in India if we go by population there are more voice users than data users (since every user who procures a mobile connection primarily uses it for calls only. Only users like us (including me) are data hungry. Since Jio network is data based network, they want to push/convert the regular voice users also towards data user (by providing TV channel, music etc.) in future.:ph34r:

Isn't it better than others ? - I think Jio has forced others to reduce data tariffs since last 6months or so because of its moderate pricing as of now. We can expect cheaper data in future only if competition prevails. So IMHO Reliance is playing safe - Live and Let Live (Not Live & Let Die - 007 ;)).

we should understand that, one needs to have/buy a 4G VoLTE smartphone to avail RJio Welcome-offer and later .

since the voice population is predominant, Voice & SMS [including Roaming] have been offered Free!

Tariff announced by Mukesh-bhai is not final & binding!

Pls. don't look too much into future, enjoy RJio True4G till 31Dec2016 and my sources at RJIO HQ informs that, we will be rewarded with a pleasant surprise on New Year Day!  

Edited by Hejmady
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hejmady said:

we should understand that, one needs to have/buy a 4G VoLTE smartphone to avail RJio Welcome-offer and later .

since the voice population is predominant, Voice & SMS [including Roaming] have been offered Free!

Tariff announced by Mukesh-bhai is not final & binding!

Pls. don't look too much into future, enjoy RJio True4G till 31Dec2016 and my sources at RJIO HQ informs that, we will be rewarded with a pleasant surprise on New Year Day!  

Lets wait for the "Pleasant Surprise" New Year's Gift!

Meanwhile eNjoY "4 months TENSION FREE 4G data & voice" 2015 farewell Gift!

One more question : Is 4 months enough for Airtel, Vodafone & Idea to draw a competitive tariff for 2017 ?

or

Is it Jio's revenue Blow to them ?

Jio is clever enough to motivate user to upgrade to 4G handset (Now damn cheap) with this free subsidy (4 months cost saving) since Jio is 4G ONLY network.

Sooner we will see IP TV adapter/box (connecting through mifi device) for watching our favorite TV show in place of setup box of DTH. (Already Miracast/wireless display adapters are in use).

:D:D:D:D:D

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Sooner we will see IP TV adapter/box (connecting through mifi device) for watching our favorite TV show in place of setup box of DTH. (Already Miracast/wireless display adapters are in use)

I am already using android TV box for Jio TV and Jio Music. Unfortunately Jio on demand does not work on it. 

1 hour ago, commonman said:

I am already using android TV box for Jio TV and Jio Music. Unfortunately Jio on demand does not work on it. 

Great!:D

I just got curious .. Since it is IP Telephony based, will data balance will be used for even voice call? 

For preview offer SIM, there are different balances for voice and data. But then you never know

No Volte working with data off.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

I am getting speeds between 2-9 Mbps at my residence on contacting jio cc I am told they support avg speed between 2-10 Mbps I can complain if speed goes below 2 Mbps seems honeymoon period is over pretty soon

Hi,

If you can provide in detail how you are using the android box for jio TV. Any one aware of the jio play browser link?

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, caringlover said:

Hi,

If you can provide in detail how you are using the android box for jio TV. Any one aware of the jio play browser link?

Regards

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If you google jio play the second result would have got your answer . Its been working in browser from June as i have been using it in IE . Prior to that also but i can not confirm Chrome gives problems 

Jio play is not working in bluestacks for me. Can load the menus and playlists but the video never loads.

Is your PC connected to a jio 4g network?

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

With limited customers jio cc has started talking AVoId language when I complained today about speeds less than 10 Mbps I am told 2Mbps is 4g speed since your are getting more than that it is good speed. With pathetic cc and dead Twitter handle jio is digging its own grave by such poor stuff

Without 4g volte phone jio calling will not work only data will work.

option given by JIO for non volte phones is JIO Join app which has a big draw back.when phone is not in use, jio join goes into offline mode.in offline mode if anyone calls ,they will hear switched off or not reachable message.this I tested in ASUS ZenFone 2 laser many times and is confirmed.

Don't know about volte about volte phones

Edited by ramtech

Reason why I purchased LAVA X11 VoLTE.

Works flawlessly with voice as well as video calls with crystal clear image and voice quality.

I suggest everyone to go for VoLTE and also check support for Band 3/5/40.

JIO Join app which has a big draw back.when phone is not in use, jio join goes into offline mode.in offline mode if anyone calls ,they will hear switched

Not in use meaning when data is off??

Jio play is not working in bluestacks for me. Can load the menus and playlists but the video never loads.

Codecs and DRM.

Reason why I purchased LAVA X11 VoLTE.

Works flawlessly with voice as well as video calls with crystal clear image and voice quality.

I suggest everyone to go for VoLTE and also check support for Band 3/5/40.

Please post a review of lava x11.

I know someone using Xolo Era X with Jio. VoLTE, Band 2/5/40 with 2 GB memory. Available on amazon for about 5K.

22 minutes ago, ni0987 said:

Please post a review of lava x11.

Will post a review in appropriate section and provide link.

7 minutes ago, commonman said:

I know someone using Xolo Era X with Jio. VoLTE, Band 2/5/40 with 2 GB memory. Available on amazon for about 5K.

Xolo Era X and Lava X11 are almost identical models (Xolo is a sub brand of Lava Iinternational). I prefered Lava though the price was 1500 higher than Xolo.

Both offer better specs at moderate price. Means better value for money.

Build quality, Camera and accesories are better in Lava since it is their premium brand as compared to Xolo which is to cater a specific price conscious market share.