Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

@LTE4G

As per Lava, Xolo is the premium brand launched by them as Lava already had a "budget" branding [read "cheap Chinese"] in the minds of public.

20 minutes ago, commonman said:

@LTE4G

As per Lava, Xolo is the premium brand launched by them as Lava already had a "budget" branding [read "cheap Chinese"] in the minds of public.

This was a few years back when they launched Xolo. Over the years things have changed and now Lava is being promoted as premi brand with extensive advertisement and M.S. Dhoni as brand ambassador.

Correct me if I am wrong for non VoLTE 4g phones calling still works without jio join app. Just like regular 3G mobile data gets cut when you have an incoming. Or is it like you are forced to use jio join for calls if VoLTE is not available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Xolo Era X and Lava X11 are almost identical models (Xolo is a sub brand of Lava Iinternational). I prefered Lava though the price was 1500 higher than Xolo.

Both offer better specs at moderate price. Means better value for money.

Build quality, Camera and accesories are better in Lava since it is their premium brand as compared to Xolo which is to cater a specific price conscious market share.

I think Lava X11 costs about 7k.  How about Redmi 3S?

Correct me if I am wrong for non VoLTE 4g phones calling still works without jio join app. Just like regular 3G mobile data gets cut when you have an incoming. Or is it like you are forced to use jio join for calls if VoLTE is not available

No. If volte is not present in that 4g phone, then only jio join is the way to make a call in jio network.

In 3g, when call arrives, the data/internet will not stop. Data and call both work simultaneously in 3g as well as in volte.

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

LTE is a data only network so calls don't work without enabling VoLTE.

Jio Join app is used in a non VoLTE phone for voice and video calls.

So either VoLTE or Jio Join app (for non VoLTE phones) is the only option for making or receiving calls in Jio Network since it is 4G Only network.

Whereas Rcom and vodafone etc. have 3G and 2G fall back for voice. So when there is a call, incoming or outgoing the phone switches to 3G or 2G network to connect the call and switches back to 4G once the call is disconnected.

Edited by LTE4G

Just now received message from JIONET:

Dear Customer,

As part of Jio's commitment to the 'Digital India' vision, your Jio Number 70XXXXXXXX is now active on the Jio Welcome Offer. This free Offer is valid till December 31st, 2016, with all existing benefits.

To provide feedback on our service and to manage your......Team Jio

Inside My Jio under Plan it is showing

Screenshot_2016-09-06-20-06-07a.png

27 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Just now received message from JIONET:

Inside My Jio under Plan it is showing

That means they have started throttling the unlimited data users (after 4GB usage), which is NOT done for earlier JPO users. So the real unlimited free data without FUP has come to an end.. But the good thing is, we will get more great and consistent speeds in coming days, even if more and more number of new users gets added continuously each day...

Did your preview offer got converted into Welcome Offer?

No. I am still in the preview offer. Today I downloaded (USB tethering to my PC) more than 50GB stuff from http://copiapop.com/ through "Internet Download Manager" and another 50GB stuff from http://freehd.me and http://megacolecciones.com through "MegaSync" application in my PC. 

That means they have started throttling the unlimited data users (after 4GB usage), which is NOT done for earlier JPO users. So the real unlimited free data without FUP has come to an end.. But the good thing is, we will get more great and consistent speeds in coming days, even if more and more number of new users gets added continuously each day...

Surprising as his sim was activated before 5th September.
Yes, no FUP for early birds.

Even my preview offer was valid till 22nd October but now I have been shifted to welcome offer with 4gb FUP till 31st December. Mine is Samsung preview offer sim.

Sent from my Le X526 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

1 hour ago, praveenwarrier said:

Surprising as his sim was activated before 5th September.
Yes, no FUP for early birds.

41 minutes ago, bigbyte said:

Even my preview offer was valid till 22nd October but now I have been shifted to welcome offer with 4gb FUP till 31st December. Mine is Samsung preview offer sim.

AFAIK my JPO is still valid till 3rd December and the welcome offer will be effective after that till 31st December.

Otherwise they would have removed that plan from my subscription - so it is not switching of plan but extension of period with Welcome Offer.

They have also mentioned in the sms "This free Offer is valid till December 31st, 2016, with all existing benefits."

Only power user can confirm about limits.

Edited by LTE4G

4GB FUP is clearly mentioned in MyJio app however whether it is actually implemented for JPO users that has to be confirmed by power users.

Also no mention o preview offer now, all i see is welcome offer.
Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I can confirm that my Preview SIM plan has been changed to the Welcome Offer. And unfortunately, moment I crossed 4GB of data, speed dropped to a paltry 70Kbps from 15 Mbps.

I now have to check if the reset to tomorrow's 4GB quota happens at midnight or later.

Anyone who gets the SMS mentioning that the plan has changed to Welcome offer will face similar parameters. Maybe the plan change over itself will happen over the next few days so whoever has not been "downgraded" enjoy Unlimited till it lasts :(

• Like 1

My friend who has LYF preview sim with remaining validity was also transferred to welcome offer.

25 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

I can confirm that my Preview SIM plan has been changed to the Welcome Offer. And unfortunately, moment I crossed 4GB of data, speed dropped to a paltry 70Kbps from 15 Mbps.

But the they have mentioned 128Kbps...:huh:

As expected Plans are also being improvised - see the changes below in the basic Plans.

Screenshot_2016-09-06-23-20-39.png

My jpo to valid till 27 oct is converted to welcome offer . I got sms telling me that and reconfirmed from my Jio app . My plan has changed .

Sent from my Le X526

I am still waiting for coupon to be GANRATE.  My REDMI Note 3 is still not in the list

I have two sim and JPO has been migrated to JWO.

Its reflecting in MYJIO app.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jpchheda said:

I have two sim and JPO has been migrated to JWO.

Its reflecting in MYJIO app.

Is JPO Open Offer validity is still showing in your My Jio app like mine - showing valid till 3rd December or is it removed ?

My Lyf handset bundled sim got transferred to JWO from JPO yesterday.

And the best part is that now my Jio sim is working in my Redmi 3S Prime handset which was not the case 2 days ago.

2 hours ago, drabhayshah76 said:

My Lyf handset bundled sim got transferred to JWO from JPO yesterday.

And the best part is that now my Jio sim is working in my Redmi 3S Prime handset which was not the case 2 days ago.

OK ! does it mean that now who ever is being migrated to JWO can swap SIM between different handsets ?

So the new Sim's are also not locked to specific IMEI from 5th September onward.

OK ! does it mean that now who ever is being migrated to JWO can swap SIM between different handsets ?

So the new Sim's are also not locked to specific IMEI from 5th September onward.

My sim which was in jpo got unlocked last month itself when my initial 3 months got completed.

They migrated me to Welcome offer.  Got message today.

4 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Yes. You can swap.