Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Any ideas as to why jio is adamant on not accepting handsets purchased outside India into jio network?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With open declaration by coai aka AVoId that they are not obliged to provide more IUC points for jio we are in for loads of call connectivity and other problems.

Are they asking for bill? Don't tell them it is purchased from outside, they are not doing any IMEI checks for finding out if the handset is bought from outside or not.

Are they asking for bill? Don't tell them it is purchased from outside, they are not doing any IMEI checks for finding out if the handset is bought from outside or not.

Nope they are insisting on code generation from mobile and I am unable to generate one reason given is not allowed on handsets purchased out of India

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

page.jpg

Are there any non-Jio 4G router devices which can support HotSpot-ing from an unlocked Jio Sim? If anyone has been successful, please let us know.

And if not a router, which is the cheapest 4G phone (old/new model) that can Hotspot from Jio Sim. Apart from LYF phones, that is.

This will be good to know for anyone wanting to use the SIM purely for data connectivity.

Please do share. Thanks!

Are there any non-Jio 4G router devices which can support HotSpot-ing from an unlocked Jio Sim? If anyone has been successful, please let us know.

And if not a router, which is the cheapest 4G phone (old/new model) that can Hotspot from Jio Sim. Apart from LYF phones, that is.

This will be good to know for anyone wanting to use the SIM purely for data connectivity.

Please do share. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, man-saturday said:

Please do share. Thanks!

Nothing is cheaper than JioFi - available for ₹1999.00 with warranty etc. AFAIK

I was looking for a device which does not work exclusively with Jio Sims so I may use later with other service providers in the future. So was asking for a solution.

2 hours ago, man-saturday said:

Please do share. Thanks!

You can buy a airtel 4g mifi from Amazon india for 2.4k.

It's expensive compared to jio mifi but is not locked like jio mifi to reliance jio. 

10 minutes ago, h1ghlander said:

You can buy a airtel 4g mifi from Amazon india for 2.4k.

It's expensive compared to jio mifi but is not locked like jio mifi to reliance jio. 

Band 5 is missing in that.

I am also searching for similar device with Band 3/5/40 along with 3G bands too so that it can be used with any network anywhere irrespective of the type of network availability.

Though JioFi unlocking is also expected in future.

Edited by LTE4G

5 hours ago, Deepak Shankar said:

Nope they are insisting on code generation from mobile and I am unable to generate one reason given is not allowed on handsets purchased out of India

The myjio app is saying unable to generate code since handset is purchased out of India?

7 minutes ago, MVP said:

The myjio app is saying unable to generate code since handset is purchased out of India?

Jio believe in Modi's vision - Make in India !!:D:D:D

Edited by LTE4G

After confirming if the jio sim can be tried on other mobiles with cc tried it on HTC one M8. Signal strength was poor compared to RN3 at the same if I take it out in open was getting full signal maybe band or phone issues. Data was working fine. But no call went thro tried usual method failed as expected. Tried via jio join it wanted permission to record calls else never even dialled. Once given permission tried calling a few numbers didn't connect saying rich calls can be connected only in jio network. Anyone facing such issues in non VoLTE mobiles?

After confirming if the jio sim can be tried on other mobiles with cc tried it on HTC one M8. Signal strength was poor compared to RN3 at the same if I take it out in open was getting full signal maybe band or phone issues. Data was working fine. But no call went thro tried usual method failed as expected. Tried via jio join it wanted permission to record calls else never even dialled. Once given permission tried calling a few numbers didn't connect saying rich calls can be connected only in jio network. Anyone facing such issues in non VoLTE mobiles?

Maybe its a Band problem. Jio sim in my Samsung J7 shows only 1 bar whereas in my Redmi 3S Prime shows full bars at the same place.

Maybe its a Band problem. Jio sim in my Samsung J7 shows only 1 bar whereas in my Redmi 3S Prime shows full bars at the same place.

How is data working I am unable to access data due to poor signals also Jio join is unable to place calls 8 out of 10 times so was skeptical about using Jio sim on non VoLTE phone

Take the Samsung phone to service center - they will fix it (Hardware issue).

I faced similar issue in a 3G handset (Xolo) which used to work properly outside but very low signal inside - tested with all viz. Vodafone, Reliance & MTNL SIM. The network was full in other handset so I took the Xolo handset to the service center and showed them by swapping SIM in two handset. The set was taken and got repaired (motherboard replaced for free). Now that handset is working fine since last year.

Tried in which m8 model ? Indian model or some imported one (sprint etc). . having a sprint 831c m8 . want to buy sim for that phone . can u confirm on this??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Tried in which m8 model ? Indian model or some imported one (sprint etc). . having a sprint 831c m8 . want to buy sim for that phone . can u confirm on this??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mine is a Telsta Australia model. Unfortunately Jio is not allowing code generation for non Indian mobiles. My HTC had only one signal bar and jio join unable to make calls my suggestion if you have anyone who has a jio sim. Try it in your phone check if everything is fine then proceed to get the sim

Height of dada giri from Air Hell wont connect to even toll free numbers of jio customer care nor regular jio number even from landline. Unless this resolved we cant enjoy true unlimited in jio as one out of 5 numbers would be in airtel network.

Height of dada giri from Air Hell wont connect to even toll free numbers of jio customer care nor regular jio number even from landline. Unless this resolved we cant enjoy true unlimited in jio as one out of 5 numbers would be in airtel network.

Forgot calls, those trolls are even blocking otp Sms for jio join...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They are so hungry for money that they want IUC hiked to 34 paise to allow jio calls to go thro if only jio was more proactive and introduce mnp and good quality cheap handsets these ppl will shut shop of air hell

Forgot calls, those trolls are even blocking otp Sms for jio join...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

They are spoiling their own reputation by doing such immature activities which cannot last for long.

Instead they should take up the challenge and come up with some new offers instead.

Every telecom operator is feeling insecure since Jio has much more to offer than just calls and data. Jio has if not re-invented but surely rejuvenated the data regime in India with more innovations for a common mobile user.

The Jio App funda is really great.

Reason why Jio opted for Multi-Service Operator (MSO) License last year through its subsidiary Reliance Jio Media Pvt Ltd..

Read this http://m.hindustantimes.com/business/reliance-jio-to-offer-tv-content-on-any-device-anytime/story-NdhIZTdoIKiMMoLH6pqpRI.html

• Like 1

How is data working I am unable to access data due to poor signals also Jio join is unable to place calls 8 out of 10 times so was skeptical about using Jio sim on non VoLTE phone

Data speed is also very slow.

Here in Mumbai, Vodafone is blocking calls to their network more than Airtel.