Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

OK ! does it mean that now who ever is being migrated to JWO can swap SIM between different handsets ?

So the new Sim's are also not locked to specific IMEI from 5th September onward.

Yes.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/reliance-jio-bsnl-in-intra-circle-roaming-pact-for-2g-4g/articleshow/54297385.cms

Here Jio plans for fall back 2g... I think its a great move

and unlike what we all thought they would fall back on rcom.. thats not happening... really puzzles me on future plans for rcom

In Mumbai I am getting patch data connection . Calls to Vodafone just don't get through . Calls to Mtnl dolphin and Tata Docomo get through with no problems . Data speeds to are almost always below 10mbps with very frequent disconnects . It's free so I can't complain . Else I would've changed the service provider long back .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE

• Like 1

To me it seems ways to penetrate deep rural areas. I am sure urban users will not be amused to know about Bsnl.

In Ahmedabad Jio network is as good as Airtel and Vodafone

To me it seems ways to penetrate deep rural areas. I am sure urban users will not be amused to know about Bsnl.

In Ahmedabad Jio network is as good as Airtel and Vodafone

Actually every mobile user does not possess 4G mobile and Reliance Jio doesn't want to ignore those users who use mobile merely for calling. Smart move.

2G coverage also matters when the operator wants to maintain connectivity in the remotest area.

This move of intra-circle roaming with BSNL doesn't make any sense. Jio was taking pride in being able to blanket cover the entire population with 4G coverage and now falling back to BSNL 2G will just slow their expansion of 4G coverage to remote parts of the country. And if servicing people with only 2G handsets is their motive why would they choose jio to be on BSNL 2G? They could just grab a BSNL SIM. :unexp:

This move of intra-circle roaming with BSNL doesn't make any sense. Jio was taking pride in being able to blanket cover the entire population with 4G coverage and now falling back to BSNL 2G will just slow their expansion of 4G coverage to remote parts of the country. And if servicing people with only 2G handsets is their motive why would they choose jio to be on BSNL 2G? They could just grab a BSNL SIM. :unexp:

Reason is, there are a lot number of 4G phones WITHOUT VoLTE support {and most are NOT ready to upgrade to volte ones in near future} and their Jio4gVoice app is, you all know how it is. So they need 2G voice fallback. Initially it may look attractive to be a BSNL user, but the same thing happened when RCom announced 4G tieup with Jio. People are of opinion that its better to use RCom for 4G (with 3G/2G fallback) than investing in volte phone, but see what is the situation now???

I guess Mukesh makes sure that there will be ZERO advantage for BSNL in this deal.. Let us wait and watch..

• Like 1

I guess Mukesh makes sure that there will be ZERO advantage for BSNL in this deal.. Let us wait and watch..

Right. :D

Edited by ajay16

In Mumbai I am getting patch data connection . Calls to Vodafone just don't get through . Calls to Mtnl dolphin and Tata Docomo get through with no problems . Data speeds to are almost always below 10mbps with very frequent disconnects . It's free so I can't complain . Else I would've changed the service provider long back .

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE

Vodafone is purposely not giving POI to Jio.

Jio network engineer just reached out to me. They want to install a small cell site at my house and want to check feasibility of the same. Anyone has got such a setup done. They said they will make an agreement and also pay for the electricity charges.  I have no prior experience and knowledge on this. If anyone has gone for the same or has an update on this please share. 

^^^

interesting... I've got a similar request from AirTel some time ago though I did not follow up as I was out of station. I guess you had submitted the form at ril.com where they were looking for interested parties to lease space for installing cell sites? Anyway don't worry about radiation as it is certified not to cause harmful radiation. Go ahead and let us know how it went.

• Like 1

They are also giving two connections life time free in Nellore for the site owners.

^^^

interesting... I've got a similar request from AirTel some time ago though I did not follow up as I was out of station. I guess you had submitted the form at ril.com where they were looking for interested parties to lease space for installing cell sites? Anyway don't worry about radiation as it is certified not to cause harmful radiation. Go ahead and let us know how it went.

No I had not filled any form online. Post buying lyf handset and taking Jio connection in July I have had signal issues in ground floor and raised complaints.Their network engineer came and tested post which he informed they are planning to add another site. They were not able to do the same, so they called and asked if I am on rent or own building, as they want to check feasibility for putting a small cell site.

He is going to come on Monday to talk about the same.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Dushie said:

No I had not filled any form online. Post buying lyf handset and taking Jio connection in July I have had signal issues in ground floor and raised complaints.Their network engineer came and tested post which he informed they are planning to add another site. They were not able to do the same, so they called and asked if I am on rent or own building, as they want to check feasibility for putting a small cell site.

He is going to come on Monday to talk about the same.

"small cell site" - seems they will be installing some kind of Repeater to cover the ground floor level. This further proves that they are giving priority to LYF product customers on their network.;)

It will help them fix the coverage issue in my area . The small cell site would be able to cover around 150 meters area and will improve the signal quality and strength.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Jio is majorly throttling internet download speeds for downloading torrents.

I looked it up on other internet forums and this seems to be a rampant issue with a lot of other Jio subscribers.

A lot of workarounds / hacks have been posted, but none are working effectively.

Any thoughts on this??

Reliance Jio is likely to extend benefits under “Welcome Offer” till march 2017

Reliance Jio Infocomm is most likely to extend the validity of free ‘Welcome Offer’ to March end 2017, as it wants to aggressively meet 100 million subscriber target. Motilal Oswal analysts, in a note, said, “Mass scale free welcome offer could continue until March 2017 to attract subscriber growth towards the celebrated 100 million mark with RJio’s indicative data pricing at Rs 130-140 per gigabyte (GB).”

This is suicide, with the way the network is going down the drain, jio will become completely unbearable. They should stop or curb the free data usage to improve network connectivity.

• Like 1

there is some funny things... i attend many conference calls which is slated for 40 to 60 minutes. If i connect any con call by jio number, the call gets terminated exatly at 30 minutes.... is it by design or there is some setting to it....thanks

Edited by riteshpoladia

They should limit the data from 4gb to 1gb per day(30 gb per month is good enough)

6 hours ago, Dushie said:

This is suicide, with the way the network is going down the drain, jio will become completely unbearable. They should stop or curb the free data usage to improve network connectivity.

Yes ! In fact they should come out with some promotional discounted but PAID scheme with Data Limit (as per subscription price/slab) so as to control misuse of data otherwise.

Jio cannot deny that they aren't aware of SIM black marketing by local dealers for ₹200 - ₹300 all around. Once they start taking some OFFICIAL payment for subscription and along with it they can provide some additional promotional benefit, everything will be well organized there after.

Jio data has become "Mil Jaye to Mitti hai - Kho Jaye to Sona"

Reliance Jio is likely to extend benefits under “Welcome Offer” till march 2017

Reliance Jio Infocomm is most likely to extend the validity of free ‘Welcome Offer’ to March end 2017, as it wants to aggressively meet 100 million subscriber target. Motilal Oswal analysts, in a note, said, “Mass scale free welcome offer could continue until March 2017 to attract subscriber growth towards the celebrated 100 million mark with RJio’s indicative data pricing at Rs 130-140 per gigabyte (GB).”

I don't think TRAI and AVoId would allow this to happen already speeds and connectivity is becoming a huge headache with more added it will go worse. Is Jio really planning a shut down of its network by such suicidal moves?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jio cannot deny that they aren't aware of SIM black marketing by local dealers for ₹200 - ₹300 all around.

Jio sim is now available easily at least here in Mumbai and navi mumbai. They are giving it at all reliance retail outlets like sahkari bhandar or reliance fresh etc. They are also conducting camps in housing society for distribution of sim cards.

All these places e kyc is available. They are finding it easier and cost effective.
However internet speeds are very less if you don't get band 40. Speed on band 5 is less then the evdo speeds, and even on band 3 it is less than 3g speed.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk