Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Does Reliance JIO support VoWifi? My house is surrounded by big buildings and signal quality is terrible. Will I be able to make calls over my broadband connection or it has to over JIO Wifi only?

AFAIK few models of LYF do support VoWiFi. Jio join app also supports call send and receive through wifi over Jio Network.

I understand that Lyf phone do support VoWifi so does many other phone. If I am not wrong, Service Provider needs to enable it for their network before you can make call over Wifi. For e.g., Google FI allows users to make calls even where there is no cellular network.

2 hours ago, prakritish said:

I understand that Lyf phone do support VoWifi so does many other phone. If I am not wrong, Service Provider needs to enable it for their network before you can make call over Wifi. For e.g., Google FI allows users to make calls even where there is no cellular network.

Jio is offering VoWiFi also. Those who are using JioFi - They can use Jio join App and connect through JioFi hotspot to Jio Network. Read features.

https://www.jio.com/preview/jiofi

There is a catch "You can use Jio join app ONLY if you are connected to Jio Network either through Jio 4G or Jio Wifi Hotspot".

As specified by Jio.

Otherwise it will be a violation of telecom regulation - still needs clarification as the below articles say that Jio can use any network.

http://rtn.asia/t-t/16963/reliance-jio-users-can-make-calls-from-airtel-idea-vodafone-networks-too

http://trak.in/tags/business/2016/01/27/reliance-jio-voice-calls-airtel-vodafone-idea/

Calls can be made through JioNet Hotspot (WiFi) if you have the sim in your handset. The handset which do not support VoWiFi can use Jio join App AFAIK.

Have not tried yet though my phone supports IP calling.

10 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Jio is offering VoWiFi also. Those who are using JioFi - They can use Jio join App and connect through JioFi hotspot to Jio Network. Read features.

https://www.jio.com/preview/jiofi

There is a catch "You can use Jio join app ONLY if you are connected to Jio Network either through Jio 4G or Jio Wifi Hotspot".

As specified by Jio.

Otherwise it will be a violation of telecom regulation - still needs clarification as the below articles say that Jio can use any network.

http://rtn.asia/t-t/16963/reliance-jio-users-can-make-calls-from-airtel-idea-vodafone-networks-too

http://trak.in/tags/business/2016/01/27/reliance-jio-voice-calls-airtel-vodafone-idea/

Calls can be made through JioNet Hotspot (WiFi) if you have the sim in your handset. The handset which do not support VoWiFi can use Jio join App AFAIK.

Have not tried yet though my phone supports IP calling.

calling from Jiojoin doesn't work even if Jio sim in inserted in unlocked MIFI.

requires a JIoFi only

• Like 1

I have tried VoWiFi on iPhone 6 with Jio SIM. The option does show up in iPhone 6 which suggests that the operator supports it. However it doesn't work on other broadband connections; it requires a Jio WiFi.

Has anybody tried Jio Join app on a 3G Handset connected via Hotspot to 4G handset (tethering enabled) with Jio SIM connected to LTE network ?

Like the way it can be used in 3G handset connected to JioFi hotspot.

May work with LYF handset.

Edited by LTE4G

Has anybody tried Jio Join app on a 3G Handset connected via Hotspot to 4G handset (tethering enabled) with Jio SIM connected to LTE network ?

The app clearly states that for jio join to work either you need the jio sim in the mobile or jio fi it won't work otherwise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried that and not working. The only scenario it is working is with the JioFi device.  I can use the jiojoin if my 3G handset connected to a JioFi network.

3 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I think it's possible but I am getting this error 

g1L9lw.png

Edited by invisiblebond

1 hour ago, invisiblebond said:

I think it's possible but I am getting this error 

g1L9lw.png

Did you configure ?

You need to put the jio number (used in hotspot mobile or JioFi) and activate.

I think in the main mobile VoLTE should be disabled or the mobile should be non VoLTE for Jio join to work - may be.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

I had installed Jio join app in my non VoLTE 4G handset and connected wifi from LYF hotspot. But not able to configure jio join using Jio sim on LYF.

1 minute ago, praveenwarrier said:

I had installed Jio join app in my non VoLTE 4G handset and connected wifi from LYF hotspot. But not able to configure jio sim using Jio join.

I think Jio Join should be in 3G Phone to work with WiFi (May be, not sure).

In updated My Jio there is a new option "Manage Device" where you can enter the Serial no. of device. Don't know what it is for ? but read somewhere that it is related to Jio Join app.

Any Idea ?

22 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Did you configure ?

I think in the main mobile VoLTE should be disabled or the mobile should be non VoLTE for Jio join to work - may be.

Thanks, tried to activate  voice through JioJoin, maybe that why I am getting error

As per FAQ only one device can be linked for voice at one time. For a VoLTE set, the phone itself is already linked. So logically jiojoin will not work.

Did you configure ?

You need to log out of airplane mode.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Vowifi is working absolutely fine.

Put you Jio sim in 2g/3g phone.

Download jio join app.

DONOT go in airplane mode.

Phone doesnt detect the sim in airplane mode . So it is important not to be in airplane mode so that jio join can detect your jio sim.

Connect to a good wifi connection .

Put your jio number in app.

There will otp sent to your registered mobile with jio.

Verify jio join with otp. And you are done.

The jio join app should go online.

I could make and receive calls on my 2g 3g phone using wifi on jio join.

So this practically is a useful thing when there are places where you dont have jio coverage but a good wifi internet.

Specially places like basement areas.

My app didnt go online when i connected to wifi with speeds lower then 1mps.

Not sure if it was a problem with net or app.

:-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jpchheda said:

Download jio join app.

DONOT go in airplane mode.

Phone doesnt detect the sim in airplane mode . So it is important not to be in airplane mode so that jio join can detect your jio sim.

Connect to a good wifi connection .

Put your jio number in app.

There will otp sent to your registered mobile with jio.

Verify jio join with otp. And you are done.

The jio join app should go online.

I could make and receive calls on my 2g 3g phone using wifi on jio join.

So this practically is a useful thing when there are places where you dont have jio coverage but a good wifi internet.

Specially places like basement areas.

My app didnt go online when i connected to wifi with speeds lower then 1mps.

Not sure if it was a problem with net or app.

:-)

Thanks for update !

Were you able to use any Wifi network or Jio WiFi Network only ? Please clarify.

Thanks for update !

Were you able to use any Wifi network or Jio WiFi Network only ? Please clarify.

Jio Wifi is not mandatory.

I used 5 different wifi networks. Including hotspots of Vodafone and Airtel 4g.

Low bandwidth broadband make JioJoin unable to go online.

• Like 1

Interestingly yesterday i could use any wifi network to connect to JIO Join on a 2G/3G phone. But today could connect only through hotspot created on another handset with JIO Sim.

Will not work in 4G phone ?

3 hours ago, jpchheda said:

Interestingly yesterday i could use any wifi network to connect to JIO Join on a 2G/3G phone. But today could connect only through hotspot created on another handset with JIO Sim.

May be AVoId are trying to block Jio join as well.

May be if the number associated with Jio join is ONLINE (data or network connected to 4G) then Jio join can be routed through its own network only. And if the associated number is totally OFFLINE (Switched OFF) then the Jio join can use any WiFi or may be 3G/4G network to connect.

Because if the SIM is ONLINE then it is registered on network - so Jio join can register through the same IP (Jio being IP based network).

Airtel has been blocking even the otp Sms for the jio join verification for last ten days...

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1